MCU Fight: Thanos (No Stones) Vs. Hela

After Thanos' showing in Endgame, Hela should win against him without any Power Stone. Thanos has shown immense skill by taking out the Trinity single-handedly and Captain Marvel, as well, but I don't think it is up to par with what Hela has shown against Thor one-on-one. Her fighting skills are far more fluid and strength wise she is arguably also stronger.

sorry to revive this thread. :D

I'm actually not 100% sure about that, now. The big issue is that, we've seen that stuff can eventually hurt Thanos, whereas its not at all clear what, if anything, short of Surtur blowing up Asgard could actually do more than daze or slow Hela down.

I do still lean to Hela. If nothing else, she is extremely ranged oriented.

I wouldn't say it was obvious Hela was stronger personally. I also thought Thanos shows plenty of skill and quick thinking during the finale in EG, even when he was on the backfoot he would think of ways out of it, like the Captain Marvel moment.

Only problem for Thanos is I don't see how he kills Hela. But Hela would have an extremely difficult time with Thanos also.

Thanos has an incredibly durable body, I doubt Hela's blades can do any harm to him.

Eh, Thor could hurt him with Stormbreaker, and I don't really find it plausible that Thor is supposed to be more powerful than Hela. Not after she consistently kicked the crap out of him, even after achieving his full godly potential.

Thanos' new blade does give him an upper hand against Hela and it would be a closer fight than before.

Speaking of new additions, Cap is going to tear through the ladder now that he has Mjolnir.

Thanos' new blade does give him an upper hand against Hela and it would be a closer fight than before.

Speaking of new additions, Cap is going to tear through the ladder now that he has Mjolnir.

He doesn't though
Cap sent Mjolnir back in time after the final battle,
it was a one time temporary power up like Star-Lord with Celestial powers.

I don't use temporary power ups in the battle threads, if I were to include
Mjolnir Cap
I would have to include
Old Man Cap.
:lmao:

Eh, Thor could hurt him with Stormbreaker, and I don't really find it plausible that Thor is supposed to be more powerful than Hela. Not after she consistently kicked the crap out of him, even after achieving his full godly potential.

You meant
Thor could KILL him with Stormbreaker and technically did at the beginning of the film.

Last edited:
Thing is though if Thanos has his armour I don't think Storm breaker could harm him so easily. Armoured Thanos with the sword is a different proposition. Stormbreaker wasn't much use against him then.

I thought before Endgame that Thanos would win this against Hela even without stones. After Endgame, my view on this is even stronger. Hela is strong, no doubt. But Thanos is just on another level IMO.

I thought before Endgame that Thanos would win this against Hela even without stones. After Endgame, my view on this is even stronger. Hela is strong, no doubt. But Thanos is just on another level IMO.
Even though Hela's durability is pretty nuts, I agree. Even just by judging how well a lighting fueled Thor fought both of them.

It seemed like once he started using his full potential he began giving Hela a better fight. Thanos with no stones just owned him. Both before Infinity War even started and then 5 years later. Dude is not only arguably the strongest but also a really skilled fighter.

After Endgame, I'm even more sure Hela takes this.
  • Thanos showed the same kind of durability to blunt force and lightning that we saw in Infinity War but he still doesn't have durability feats against cutting/stabbing weapons.
  • Thanos outskilled a fat, alcoholic Thor who'd let his power/skills/reflexes decline but when they wrestled over Stormbreaker Thanos was barely stronger.
  • Captain America with Mjolnir was much weaker than Thanos but Cap was clearly more skilled.
  • Thanos was losing to Scarlet Witch and needed air support to save him.
  • Captain Marvel was able to completely ignore punches to the face from Thanos. He needed the power stone to beat her.
There was nothing to suggest Thanos could outskill Hela, overcome her ridiculous durability or withstand her blades.

He doesn't though
Cap sent Mjolnir back in time after the final battle,
it was a one time temporary power up like Star-Lord with Celestial powers.

I don't use temporary power ups in the battle threads, if I were to include
Mjolnir Cap
I would have to include
Old Man Cap.
:lmao:
Fair enough.

After Endgame, I'm even more sure Hela takes this.
  • Thanos showed the same kind of durability to blunt force and lightning that we saw in Infinity War but he still doesn't have durability feats against cutting/stabbing weapons.
  • Thanos outskilled a fat, alcoholic Thor who'd let his power/skills/reflexes decline but when they wrestled over Stormbreaker Thanos was barely stronger.
  • Captain America with Mjolnir was much weaker than Thanos but Cap was clearly more skilled.
  • Thanos was losing to Scarlet Witch and needed air support to save him.
  • Captain Marvel was able to completely ignore punches to the face from Thanos. He needed the power stone to beat her.
There was nothing to suggest Thanos could outskill Hela, overcome her ridiculous durability or withstand her blades.

Yeah. Have to agree with that. It would be an epic fight - assuming Thanos has his sword-weapon and armour but in the end Hela is almost unkillable and is probably quicker and at least as skilled if not moreso. What really decides it is that I don't think that Thanos has a way to subdue or kill her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"