Anybody Going To See "flight 93"??

Matt said:
Besides, I don't like the disregard for fact (terrorists have cheesey 1980s chest strap bombs, Flight 93 was shot down, etc ;))

The plane wasn't shot down.

Sun_Down said:
I just got back from seeing it and you could not be more wrong.
nah, I had seen it when I made that comment, and it was pretty much right on.

terry78 said:
My mom, a hardcore democrat, rolled her eyes at the remarks of it being "too soon."

For those keeping score the movie had an opening day of $3.7 million.

To the movie studio:

GET OVER IT.

For those wondering, RV had the bigger opening day number.

kypade said:
nah, I had seen it when I made that comment, and it was pretty much right on.

Obviously you hadn't seen it when you made that post, but whatever. If you didn't like it, I don't really care.

I'm still on the fence. To be honest I've always been apathetic to the whole 9/11 tragedy. I just never got emotional about any of it. At the same time I like apocalyptic/tragic type of movies so I may give it a chance before it leaves theaters.

TheVileOne said:
For those keeping score the movie had an opening day of $3.7 million.

To the movie studio:

GET OVER IT.

For those wondering, RV had the bigger opening day number.

It's not really surprising. Most experts had RV as the number one movie in their predictions. And remember that RV opened on 3639 screens and United 93 only on 1795. Should be interesting to see which one who have the strongest box office-legs though. But I have a feeling that both movies will fade away rather quickly. Movies released the last weekend in April usually do. Most people are probably waiting for the onslaught of big summer movies now.

So did they explain how they got those huge ass bombs on the plane?

Galactus said:
It's not really surprising. Most experts had RV as the number one movie in their predictions. And remember that RV opened on 3639 screens and United 93 only on 1795. Should be interesting to see which one who have the strongest box office-legs though. But I have a feeling that both movies will fade away rather quickly. Movies released the last weekend in April usually do. Most people are probably waiting for the onslaught of big summer movies now.

With the summer movie season about to start, not very much in the way of legs.

I'm not surprised by this at all.

Darthphere said:
So did they explain how they got those huge ass bombs on the plane?

The bomb was fake and they assembled it onboard using items that wouldn't have drawn any attention from security. I don't know how rooted in fact this was, but that's how it went down in the film.

Sun_Down said:
The plane wasn't shot down.

Have you forgot Donald Rumsfeld's comments in his speech to a group of Marines in Iraq?

"We must not forget why we fight. 9/11, when planes flew into the WTC and Pentagon, and flight 93 was shot down"

or something to that extent. If you'd like I'll find the article for you...most mainstream news networks carried it. Slip of the tounge my ass :rolleyes:

The story was supposed to be that it was shot down first but, the heros overtaking the terrorists thus bringing the plane down sounded better and therefor was used.

You people are some sorry ...pathetic...fearful indidviduals. I can't believe some of you!! But then again, after posting on this board for a while, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Apathy???????? Apathy???? Well...I guess until a tragedy like this hits your door, you'll care then. Oh.....and you'll want others to care,too!! :mad: And help you, too!!!

And this is one "high horse" I'll gladly stay on!!!

celldog said:
You people are some sorry ...pathetic...fearful indidviduals. I can't believe some of you!! But then again, after posting on this board for a while, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Jesus Christ. I just don't want to go see a ****ing movie. It's not a big deal.

celldog said:
Apathy???????? Apathy???? Well...I guess until a tragedy like this hits your door, you'll care then. Oh.....and you'll want others to care,too!! :mad: And help you, too!!!

What does that have to do with weather they see the movie or not?

celldog said:

God help us all.

This movie is not propoganda!! It's a re-telling of those events!! Some of you don't want to see this movie because it'll show you something you didn't want to see!! You want to believe that we aren't at war. Well guess what....at that time we weren't. But they were at war with us!!!

This movie is about courage. Ordinary Americans fighting back. Not punking out even though they were scared as he#@!!

The Question said:
Jesus Christ. I just don't want to go see a ****ing movie. It's not a big deal.

What does that have to do with weather they see the movie or not?

God help us all.

Hey ,Question.....have you even seen this movie yet??

celldog said:

I was effected by 9/11. I donated money to the families. You know what, I am apathetic to it as well now. You know why? BEcause it was five years ago. Most people do not mourn or grieve for five years, they can move on. I don't want to see some ****ty over dramatized movie about it, thanks. If that makes me a pathetic, sorry, fearful individual, so be it.

Thus, you you can't credibly comment on whether it would be hit if it were not a "real life" event!! Go see it....and then get back to me.

celldog said:
Thus, you you can't credibly comment on whether it would be hit if it were not a "real life" event!! Go see it....and then get back to me.

And all I said is that there's a possibility that it wouldn't be as well praised as it is if it hadn't been a real event. I didn't say for a fact that it would or it wouldn't be. And really, I don't care. I'm not particularly interested in seeing the film.

Darthphere said:
Celldog is a doofus. I said it.

And the rest of us thought it.

Matt said:
I was effected by 9/11. I donated money to the families. You know what, I am apathetic to it as well now. You know why? BEcause it was five years ago. Most people do not mourn or grieve for five years, they can move on. I don't want to see some ****ty over dramatized movie about it, thanks. If that makes me a pathetic, sorry, fearful individual, so be it.

Move on???? You act like that day was "Jayz Concert" or something!!! And for your info, MOST people don't experience a tragedy like that day!!! So "moving on" can be a real problem!! Plus we better friggin' wake up and stop being pansies!!! Get some spine!! Stop hiding your head in the sand!! "oooooohh, I just want to forget it ever happened!" Man....you are a heartless piece of work!! And I bet you didn't give thin dime to the victims!! You're just trying pad your sorry argument!!

celldog said:
Move on???? You act like that day was "Jayz Concert" or something!!! And for your info, MOST people don't experience a tragedy like that day!!! So "moving on" can be a real problem!! Plus we better friggin' wake up and stop being pansies!!! Get some spine!! Stop hiding your head in the sand!! "oooooohh, I just want to forget it ever happened!" Man....you are a heartless piece of work!! And I bet you didn't give thin dime to the victims!! You're just trying pad your sorry argument!!

1) Yes, I did, and how much did you give?
2) I never said I forgot it. I said I moved on. Normal people move on after tragedies. You do not spend the rest of your life mourning.
3) Not seeing a movie makes us pansies.

The Question said:
And all I said is that there's a possibility that it wouldn't be as well praised as it is if it hadn't been a real event. I didn't say for a fact that it would or it wouldn't be. And really, I don't care. I'm not particularly interested in seeing the film.

Again...go see why it's being praised!! What are you afraid of??? The movie won't bite you!!! You've always taughted yourself as being so "open-minded. You're just a hypocrite.

And the rest of us thought it.

You need "brains" to think.

celldog said:
Again...go see why it's being praised!! What are you afraid of??? The movie won't bite you!!! You've always taughted yourself as being so "open-minded. You're just a hypocrite.

I'm not afraid of the movie and I'm not being a hypocrite. I just don't want to see the movie.

celldog said:
You need "brains" to think.

Which I'm fairly certain I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back