Anybody Going To See "flight 93"??

Matt said:
1) Yes, I did, and how much did you give?
2) I never said I forgot it. I said I moved on. Normal people move on after tragedies. You do not spend the rest of your life mourning.
3) Not seeing a movie makes us pansies.

Tell me what was normal about bodies falling and people jumping to escape the flames?? What was normal about 2 jet liners full of fuel, slamming into those towers!! Normal people DON"T forget and just move on!! It takes a looooong time!!! Why don't YOU get over the fact that it will take a long time!!

celldog said:
Tell me what was normal about bodies falling and people jumping to escape the flames?? What was normal about 2 jet liners full of fuel, slamming into those towers!! Normal people DON"T forget and just move on!! It takes a looooong time!!! Why don't YOU get over the fact that it will take a long time!!

Five years. Long time. And you didn't answer how much you donate.

celldog said:

There's nothing normal about it. But people need to move on. It happened. It was a terrible terrible thing. But harping on it won't solve anything. We have to move on. Keep on living. We can't mourn forever, and it would be unhealthy if we tried.

I'm not afraid of the movie and I'm not being a hypocrite. I just don't want to see the movie.

Then you can't judge it!! What are you afraid of??

I'm not judging it and I'm not afraid of it. I just don't want to see it. If I don't want to see, say, Napolean Dynomite, does that mean I'm judging it? Does that mean I'm afraid of it? No. It just means I don't feel like seeing it.

But you want to see a movie about Spider-Man fighting Venom and Sandman, right?

Why do you people care more about some ******ed comic book than an actual event that happened in your country?

I'll give it a 9/10.
It was a very moving movie. People around me were crying., I was squirming in my seat. Great music, great tension, perfect exection. I recommend this movie, just don't expect the rest of your evening to be particularly fun. The movie stays with your for hours after.
It's pretty heavy and soon, as in....scratching a scab thats not healed(for some).
It's a very F%$king good movie. I was surprised the theatre wasn't packed.

Matt said:
I was effected by 9/11. I donated money to the families. You know what, I am apathetic to it as well now. You know why? BEcause it was five years ago. Most people do not mourn or grieve for five years, they can move on. I don't want to see some ****ty over dramatized movie about it, thanks. If that makes me a pathetic, sorry, fearful individual, so be it.
Its not over dramatized at all Matt. It's like a documentary/movie hybrid. Thats why it feels so real and thats how it works so well. It's not cheesy at all.
The only things that took me out of the movie was the lady next to me whimpering the whole time and the actor who played 'Sledge Hammer' who appears as a passenger 3/4 the way through. He was great but I was like "Hey...thats sledge hammer' . But it ain't no Michael Bay or Robert Zimmeckis joint. It's a great movie. Check it out.

thealiasman2000 said:

Why do you people care more about some ******ed comic book than an actual event that happened in your country?

And if we don't see the movie we're, what, denying it ever happened?

thealiasman2000 said:

A VOICE OF SANITY!!! THANK YOU!!!

WormyT said:
I'll give it a 9/10.
It was a very moving movie. People around me were crying., I was squirming in my seat. Great music, great tension, perfect exection. I recommend this movie, just don't expect the rest of your evening to be particularly fun. The movie stays with your for hours after.
It's pretty heavy and soon, as in....scratching a scab thats not healed(for some).
It's a very F%$king good movie. I was surprised the theatre wasn't packed.

Most liberals don't want to see this movie. Not trying to be funny. It's just a fact. Your location said you were in San Fran?? I'm not surprised. I don't care where your political views fall. I'm just glad that you had an open enuff mind to see it. You can't help but give it high marks.

Most of these people would rather see Fahrenheit 9/11.

Darren Daring said:
And if we don't see the movie we're, what, denying it ever happened?

No...you're like a kid....trying to wish all the bad monsters away.

Well....they ain't going away, son. And we can see them clearly in this film.

Ok, I tell you what: I don't need support from crazed loudmouths like you, celldog.

I'm trying to make a civilized point, you are just ranting and raving and generally being an ass.

Remember: it's not WHAT you say, but HOW.

celldog said:

I don't have to see the movie to know and remember what happened.

But you have to have a good reason to not watch the film other than, "I just don't want to".

And I insist: why do you people care more about who's playing THe Joker in the next Batman film than an actual event of your history?

Oh, so being an immature chid is "fun"?

I take it you don't watch Discovery Channel very often, do you?

thealiasman2000 said:
Oh, so being an immature chid is "fun"?

I take it you don't watch Discovery Channel very often, do you?

Yes.

Sir, I'll have you know that I own the discovery channel:mad:

I had my son with me this weekend and he is a bit under weather. Had I an opportunity to see the movie; I would have been there Friday!

I am surprised by how many of you could be so negative about this movie. Boring? That's real shallow!

Too soon? Did you say the same for Fahrenhate 4.5/5.5?

"I'm not going. Too damned soon. It would be like making Schindler's List in 1950."

How many of you know about Mel Gibson's father who denies the existence of the Holocaust? It's never too soon! The moment we have become overly apathetic, we have become a pawn of destruction.

I LOST FRIENDS THAT DAY AND IT'S NEVER TOO SOON!!!!!!!!!

WormyT said:
Its not over dramatized at all Matt. It's like a documentary/movie hybrid. Thats why it feels so real and thats how it works so well. It's not cheesy at all.
The only things that took me out of the movie was the lady next to me whimpering the whole time and the actor who played 'Sledge Hammer' who appears as a passenger 3/4 the way through. He was great but I was like "Hey...thats sledge hammer' . But it ain't no Michael Bay or Robert Zimmeckis joint. It's a great movie. Check it out.

Like I said, I have no interest. Just like I have no interest in Brokeback Mountain, just like I have no interest in Citizen Kane, just like I have no interest in Ray.

I'm just not interested in the movie. And for the record, it has nothing to do with politics, it has nothing to do with being insensitive to 9/11, it simply does not interest me. Its not the type of movie I want to see. If it were entirely fictional I still wouldn't want to see it. In all honesty it could be the greatest movie the world has ever made, and I wouldn't see it because I have no interest in it.

thealiasman2000 said:

Yeah. So?

thealiasman2000 said:

I just don't want to see the movie. Is that really a dificult concept to grasp. I have no interest in seeing the film, for no other reason that I just don't bloody feel like it. It doesn't look like a movie that I would be interested in. Is that really a big deal?

celldog said:

Okay, a few points:

1) You are a condascending jerk.

2) He's not trying to "wish all the bad monsters away." He just doesn't want to see the movie. Christ alive, is that really hard for you to understand. Some people simply aren't interested in seeing the same movies that you are. Get the **** over it.

inlegolas said:
I had my son with me this weekend and he is a bit under weather. Had I an opportunity to see the movie; I would have been there Friday!

I am surprised by how many of you could be so negative about this movie. Boring? That's real shallow!

"I'm not going. Too damned soon. It would be like making Schindler's List in 1950."

How many of you know about Mel Gibson's father who denies the existence of the Holocaust? It's never too soon! The moment we have become overly apathetic, we have become a pawn of destruction.

First off, what does Mel Gibson's father being a *****ebag have to do with it being too soon? Second, I'm deeply sorry to hear about what happened to your friends. I just think that it would have been better to wait a little while longer. Just like how I think it would have been a bit much to have Schindler's List made in 1950.

thealiasman2000 said:
But you have to have a good reason to not watch the film other than, "I just don't want to".

And I insist: why do you people care more about who's playing THe Joker in the next Batman film than an actual event of your history?

In all honesty, for me it is personal taste. It simply is not a type of movie that interests me. I've never seen Twister or The Perfect Storm either, because I don't like natural disaster films. If a Hurricane Katrina film is made, I won't see it.

I've never seen Saving Private Ryan because I don't like war films.

I've never seen The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly...why? Because you guessed it...I don't like westerns.

Its just personal taste. Why would I spend 20 dollars for me and my wife to go to a theater and see a movie that neither of us want to see? Because it happened? I know it happened, I lived through it. I saw it the day it happened. I haven't forgotten it. It has nothing to with being insensitive to it. It just doesn't interest me.

I can't speak for other people, but I could imagine some people choose not to see it because they go to the movies as a escapist technique. The movies can be a place where you don't get issues thrown in your face or relive traumatic events. Some people go to a movie, to spend 2 hours with pirates or to see 12 people get murdered by a monster with absolutely no consequences.

Escapism...very good reason to go to movies, not a good reason to see Flight 93.

inlegolas said:

JESUS CHRIST! FOR THE 600TH TIME NOT SEEING A MOVIE DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE INSENSITIVE TO THE EVENT!

:up:
Matt said:
In all honesty, for me it is personal taste. It simply is not a type of movie that interests me. I've never seen Twister or The Perfect Storm either, because I don't like natural disaster films. If a Hurricane Katrina film is made, I won't see it.

I've never seen Saving Private Ryan because I don't like war films.

I've never seen The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly...why? Because you guessed it...I don't like westerns.

Its just personal taste. Why would I spend 20 dollars for me and my wife to go to a theater and see a movie that neither of us want to see? Because it happened? I know it happened, I lived through it. I saw it the day it happened. I haven't forgotten it. It has nothing to with being insensitive to it. It just doesn't interest me.

I can't speak for other people, but I could imagine some people choose not to see it because they go to the movies as a escapist technique. The movies can be a place where you don't get issues thrown in your face or relive traumatic events. Some people go to a movie, to spend 2 hours with pirates or to see 12 people get murdered by a monster with absolutely no consequences.

Escapism...very good reason to go to movies, not a good reason to see Flight 93.

Then why are you posting in this thread, genius? :)

thealiasman2000 said:

It's not that they don't care about an actual event in history. It's that they don't want to go see a movie about said event. Hell, I care about what happened. But I'm not interested in seeing the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"