Anybody Going To See "flight 93"??

chi-boy said:
:up:

Then why are you posting in this thread, genius? :)

Well, initially I was seeing other people's opinions on it..just out of sheer curiousity.....then celldog drew me into a debate.

Besides the 9/11 stuff, this was a great movie. It was intense throughout and it kept building. Very emotional. I haven't heard a movie theater so silent after a movie was done. Not a peep out of anyone. I really enjoyed it.

Matt said:
JESUS CHRIST! FOR THE 600TH TIME NOT SEEING A MOVIE DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE INSENSITIVE TO THE EVENT!

Very true. Some of us refuse to give money to efforts because some of us find it sickening that people are making money from this.

Other people do not believe the story and think it's just that, a story made up that day to give the day some sort of heroism. Some believe the plane was either shot down and covered up or it didn't go down at all and was covered up.

Some people look at this as just a movie and have no interest in seeing it. Simple as that.

There are many reasons to not go see this movie and if a person decided to not do so, doesn't mean said person is bad or unpatriotic or what have you.

Exactly. I don't want to see the film for three reasons:

1) I'm not entirely interested in reliving the event at this time. It's not something I like to think about.

2) I think we, as a people, should learn to move on before such tributes are made. Otherwise, the greiving process will be unhealthily extended.

3) I'm just not that interested in the film.

FlameHead said:
Very true. Some of us refuse to give money to efforts because some of us find it sickening that people are making money from this.

Other people do not believe the story and think it's just that, a story made up that day to give the day some sort of heroism. Some believe the plane was either shot down and covered up or it didn't go down at all and was covered up.

Some people look at this as just a movie and have no interest in seeing it. Simple as that.

There are many reasons to not go see this movie and if a person decided to not do so, doesn't mean said person is bad or unpatriotic or what have you.

Thank you! :up:

Wait, so now you have to have a reason why you dont want to see a movie other than you just dont want to? Hey lets go see Bloodrayne, nah I dont want to. You have to have a better reason that that!

Why does somebody need a reason to not see a movie? I don't see lots of movies a year.

Matt said:
JESUS CHRIST! FOR THE 600TH TIME NOT SEEING A MOVIE DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE INSENSITIVE TO THE EVENT!
Okay, Matt! Maybe you're ticked that people are not fully getting your point, was the JC reference your normal tone or just the nice little slam you wanted to add? I am troubled by people's apathy period! So, do you fall in the camp? I don't know but if you do, that's your right no matter how sad it would be. If you don't want to see the movie, so be it! Just remember though; the venom you have used in times past often labels you to sound like the communist leftist party in this country now. So, sorry if a few of us conservative moonbats get a little hot under the collar when we run into some who may have waved your banner a little stronger.

FlameHead said:
Very true. Some of us refuse to give money to efforts because some of us find it sickening that people are making money from this. ...Other people do not believe the story and think it's just that, a story made up that day to give the day some sort of heroism. Some believe the plane was either shot down and covered up or it didn't go down at all and was covered up. ...Some people look at this as just a movie and have no interest in seeing it. Simple as that. ....There are many reasons to not go see this movie and if a person decided to not do so, doesn't mean said person is bad or unpatriotic or what have you.
As I have stated earlier, fine. It's also good to see that some of you were disnterested in Michael Moore. Unforntunately, our country is very polarized and I think the biggest problem is not the people on the extremes; but those in the middle. Stradle all you want but you'll be seen by both sides as operating for their opponent. There is no room now for stradlers.

I don't care how people see me. Furthermore, I have disagree with your comments about those in the middle. It is these people who are able to make a balanced judgement of what is right and wrong, not the people far left or right. When you let a particular party affiliation blind you or guide you, then something's wrong. Politics is about finding out what you believe in and then finding the party that best represents that. It's not about finding a party you believe in and then discovering yourself.

Opponent? What opponent? What the heck are you talking about?

FlameHead said:
I don't care how people see me. Furthermore, I have disagree with your comments about those in the middle.
That's your God-given right!

FlameHead said:
It is these people who are able to make a balanced judgement of what is right and wrong, not the people far left or right. When you let a particular party affiliation blind you or guide you, then something's wrong. Politics is about finding out what you believe in and then finding the party that best represents that. It's not about finding a party you believe in and then discovering yourself. Opponent? What opponent? What the heck are you talking about?

Are you saying that ALL people at the two (2) poles are incapable of offering a balanced unbiased solution? Because, I have to disagree with you on that. I truly believe there are some well intentioned and well informed people on the left; yet they are drowned out by the radicals in their party and are unabled to make a difference because the voice of insanity steals the thunder.

Some who remain indifferent can offer solutions as well but not all. We have to be careful an not make illogical statements :eek:

Well, there are views in the middle that take into account both wings. Also, just to make things clear, I never said that the left is completly wrong in everything they say. I'm not even sure how we got into a political conversation while discussing this movie. Regardless, here we are.

Me, personally, I do not put full faith in any governing body or organization. Nobody is right all the time. It's impossible, especially when you're dealing with the governance of millions of different minds and views. For me, here in Canada, I've always gone with the views that most appeal to me, as everyone should do. That doesn't make my views right or me a better/worse person. It's just my view on how I'd like to see things opporate. Fortunatly, for me, there is a party that has the near exact view that I have. A view that I've developed through living 27 years on this earth. This party is not left. This party is not right. It's in the middle, or better yet, in front. It's the Green Party.

You guys have one of those down there too right? I'm not completly certain how things run down there but, I'm pretty sure there are more than 2 parties in the running...

Anyway, my point is, a view is just a view and an opinion likewise. One should never get frustrated over the fact that someone doesn't agree with you. It'll only cause more stress on yourself and who needs additional stress in a world that already produces so much.

inlegolas said:
Okay, Matt! Maybe you're ticked that people are not fully getting your point, was the JC reference your normal tone or just the nice little slam you wanted to add?

I think it was just him using it an an explative. People tend to do that.

inlegolas said:
I am troubled by people's apathy period! So, do you fall in the camp? I don't know but if you do, that's your right no matter how sad it would be.

I don't think anyone's apathetic about what happened. I think it's just that many people have learned to accept what happened and move on. That's the healthy response to tragity, after a certain period of greif.

inlegolas said:
If you don't want to see the movie, so be it! Just remember though; the venom you have used in times past often labels you to sound like the communist leftist party in this country now. So, sorry if a few of us conservative moonbats get a little hot under the collar when we run into some who may have waved your banner a little stronger.

Being leftist and being communist are two different things. I don't think anything Matt's said suggests he's a communist.

inlegolas said:
As I have stated earlier, fine. It's also good to see that some of you were disnterested in Michael Moore. Unforntunately, our country is very polarized and I think the biggest problem is not the people on the extremes; but those in the middle. Stradle all you want but you'll be seen by both sides as operating for their opponent. There is no room now for stradlers.

Actually, there is. A middle of the road philosophy tends to be the most reasonable one. Besides, not everyone is 100% to a philosophy. Most aren't.

inlegolas said:
Okay, Matt! Maybe you're ticked that people are not fully getting your point, was the JC reference your normal tone or just the nice little slam you wanted to add? I am troubled by people's apathy period! So, do you fall in the camp? I don't know but if you do, that's your right no matter how sad it would be. If you don't want to see the movie, so be it! Just remember though; the venom you have used in times past often labels you to sound like the communist leftist party in this country now. So, sorry if a few of us conservative moonbats get a little hot under the collar when we run into some who may have waved your banner a little stronger.

I don't want to see a movie and suddenly I'm a communist :rolleyes:

I dont know why not seeing this movie automatically means youre against america, dont care, somehow think its a protest against the war, or youre trying to forget 9/11 ever happened. To which I say bull****. We all have different reasons for not wanting to see this movie. We will all live with the images of 9/11 in our minds for the rest of our lives but we dont think we have to justify our feelings about 9/11 by seeing some Hollywood movie. Whether we see the movie or not should not be an indicator of how we feel about 9/11, we were all touched that day in different ways. If you think that us not seeing the movie somehow means that we dont give a **** about 9/11 youre plain wrong. And I ask you of this, did you have to see the movie to justify your feelings for 9/11?

Matt said:
Like I said, I have no interest. Just like I have no interest in Brokeback Mountain, just like I have no interest in Citizen Kane, just like I have no interest in Ray.

I'm just not interested in the movie. And for the record, it has nothing to do with politics, it has nothing to do with being insensitive to 9/11, it simply does not interest me. Its not the type of movie I want to see. If it were entirely fictional I still wouldn't want to see it. In all honesty it could be the greatest movie the world has ever made, and I wouldn't see it because I have no interest in it.
SEE IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!
LOL. Just kidding. Of course, if it doesn't interest someone they shouldn't waste their time and money.

Matt said:
Well, initially I was seeing other people's opinions on it..just out of sheer curiousity.....then celldog drew me into a debate.

That darn celldog.....

WormyT said:
SEE IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!
LOL. Just kidding. Of course, if it doesn't interest someone they shouldn't waste their time and money.

No body is disagreeing on the right to see or not see it. The issue is why wouldn't they?? Apathy???

Sooner or later tragedy will find you and you'll want some sympathy.

The same question can be asked for every movie. Did you go see 'RV' this weekend? Why not? 'Ice Age 2'? 'Stick it' perhaps? Why not?

celldog said:
No body is disagreeing on the right to see or not see it. The issue is why wouldn't they?? Apathy???

Maybe because they just don't feel like seeing the god damned movie. It's not a big deal if someone doesn't see it, you know. That doesn't necessairily reflect their feelings on the event itself."

celldog said:

And what the bad place does that have to do with seeing a movie?

celldog said:

So the only way to give people sympathy is to see a movie? Not wanting to see a movie means apathy? Also you mistake moving on as apathy.

Dont you guys get it? The olny way celldog can justify his feelings toward 9/11 is to see some movie.

Seems to be the way. He's certainly an odd fellow. I don't normally have anything against conservatives, but celldog just displays a cincere lack of common sense in some areas.

for the love of god, can people quit b**ching and fighting and talk about the god damn movie?!

Motown Marvel said:
for the love of god, can people quit b**ching and fighting and talk about the god damn movie?!

What movie?:confused:

Motown Marvel said:

Well, doesn't b**ching and fighting about the god damn movie count as talking about the god damn movie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"