The Dark Knight Anyone change their minds that weren't liking it at first?

Spider-Bat

BATMAN
Reaction score
At first I wasn't happy about Heath and his look, but I'm over it. I'm going to take it with a grain of salt when it comes to the Joker.

It looks fun.

The only thing I'm still ticked about is how they said the suit was going to be more like the comics' and then they came up with this crap. I'm very happy to see the clasps go though. Too much like Clooney's clasps. Not right and don't look good.

The suit is really a toss-up for me at this point. Sometimes it looks good, sometimes it looks horrible. I'm gonna have to wait for the movie before I make a final call.

I was optimistic before I saw everything.

Now I love it all. "All" being as much as we've seen so far.

I've had a major turn-around with Joker's look, though it didn't take much. I loathed the first picture of him, but everything I've seen since than has been pure gold.

Batpod too. Didn't like the first look of it, but I've warmed up to it since. Looks great in action.

Other than that, I've been good to go since the getgo.

I like this:

thedarkknight_32.jpg

thedarkknight_37.jpg

I don't like this:
tdkmagnp9.jpg

'Nuff said.

The suit is really a toss-up for me at this point. Sometimes it looks good, sometimes it looks horrible. I'm gonna have to wait for the movie before I make a final call.
Thats exactly how I feel. But yeah most everything I didnt really like at first, like the badpod, the suit, jokers look, maggie as rachel and bruce staying at a penthouse. But everything kinda grew on me over time except the suit, im still on the fence about that

I hate it. I hate the title. I hate the actors. I hate that Bale is slimmer this time around. I hate the cut smile. I hate Heath Ledger (Crispin, FTW!). I have Maggie G. I hate Nolan's Realism. I hate the Mattel Toy Line. I hate the new suit. I hate the new slim cowl. I have the armor look. The Batpod coming out of the Tumbler is stupid. I hate that Aaron Eckheart has blonde hair; Harvey Is drawn with brown hair. I also hate that the Joker just wears make-up.

Yeah, I'm just messing around :o.

I didnt like the look of Heath Joker at first, but after seeing him in action, I dont mind the look anymore. I like the Begins suit more, and still dont like the Batpod. Dont think I ever will.

I hope so. Dont really like the thing. Its a cool car, but is not a batmobel to me.

I remember with BB I was iffy about the Tumbler. But then seeing it in action its my favorite now. Mainly because Batman's origins he really just drove around a regular car, there is no definitive "batmobile" To me making it look like a Bat works sometimes but I prefer it to looking like something more scary in the sense, something that when bad guys hear it coming they run.

Joker's look in general. I hate the first picture so much, but subsequent pics have eased me a little. The actual design concepts I still hate. From the barely green hair, to the non-permawhite, to the scarred mouth. But I'm not as pissed about it anymore.

Idk if it's I'm starting to like it, or I'm just plain used to seeing the same thing every day now.

It's prolly the latter. :o

I hate it. I hate the title. I hate the actors. I hate that Bale is slimmer this time around. I hate the cut smile. I hate Heath Ledger (Crispin, FTW!). I have Maggie G. I hate Nolan's Realism. I hate the Mattel Toy Line. I hate the new suit. I hate the new slim cowl. I have the armor look. The Batpod coming out of the Tumbler is stupid. I hate that Aaron Eckheart has blonde hair; Harvey Is drawn with brown hair. I also hate that the Joker just wears make-up.

Yeah, I'm just messing around :o.

ALL TRUE!!!!!!!

All of it. :woot:

I still hate that Joker wears make up, and I still think it effects the character in a negative way while adding nothing, but I wont let it ruin the movie for me.

I still hate that Joker wears make up, and I still think it effects the character in a negative way while adding nothing, but I wont let it ruin the movie for me.

Yea I guess to eaches own. Though the Joker being my favorite villain, I like his new look, and I see the permawhite thing not to be his most important aspect. To me I think the "spirit" or being of the Joker is nailed very nicley by Ledger. So that even gets me more stoked.

But I see where your coming from.

Crook, congrats on the greatest sig ever.

I loved the first picture of the Joker. Sure it felt grotesque but I was immediately like "cool, so this is not going to be like the Nicholson Joker all over again".

And the more I found out about him, the more I liked him. No perma-white skin(unless there's a twist, hopefully not). No origin. Practically no character development. The Ledger Joker doesn't feel like a comic book villain. And I know that's driving some people mad but I personally love the fact that he's more like a real-life psycho this time around. He really reminds me of those actual killers and rapists who are running around and being convicted every day. There's nothing amusing about him, he's just plain evil. That makes him scary. The Nicholson Joker never scared me.

As far as the Joker goes I would say I'm probably more de-sensitized after seeing so many pics of him on here every day than anything. It's to the point where the Jokers "look" isn't going to drive me crazy (probably) in the film so I can just enjoy it for what it is.

But I most likely will never "like" it. I just never saw him as such a grungy hobo character. I mean he was always in tails and a bowtie for gods sake. He's Mr Vain.

I have a few friends who are "Eh" about Heath being the Joker, I guess mostly because of the makeup thing and the fact that he's got the wrong face shape. They also thought that Liev Shrieber would have made the perfect Harvey Dent. They're not overly hung up about those issues, though. They're like, "I would have liked it more if..." We'll still be there on opening night though. :woot:

I was "Eh" after seeing the IMAX prologue at first, but I definitely think it was because it wasn't what I was expecting at all. I mean, I went into it not knowing what to expect and I was still hit with the "Woh, what did I just see?" bat. Now that I've seen it a bazillion times, I love it. I can totally see the Joker from the comics being like TDK Joker, except TDK Joker is more sinister.

I now kind of understand why Nolan had that IMAX prologue released earlier than the movie - it's to get us used to the idea that TDK is gonna have a totally new Joker, and a totally new vibe, so we could warm up to it. I have, and how. :up:

I mean he was always in tails and a bowtie for gods sake.

But not this time around, thank heavens.

Those "he was always" and "he has always been" arguments really bug me. I just can't believe that people aren't ready for something different after all these decades. And it's not even like he's that different in TDK.

"If it's not broken, don't fix it", they say. That is so god damn boring. The Joker is a character with endless possibilities and there's no sense in confining him within strict limitations as long as the spirit of the character is there to be found.

And I'm not attacking anyone. I'm just saying that it's okay to think outside of the Box when it comes to The Joker IMO.

But not this time around, thank heavens.

Those "he was always" and "he has always been" arguments really bug me. I just can't believe that people aren't ready for something different after all these decades. And it's not even like he's that different in TDK.

"If it's not broken, don't fix it", they say. That is so god damn boring. The Joker is a character with endless possibilities and there's no sense in confining him within strict limitations as long as the spirit of the character is there to be found.

And I'm not attacking anyone. I'm just saying that it's okay to think outside of the Box when it comes to The Joker IMO.

Well thats cool, but I wanna see a creepy clown in tails ;) So sue me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugoodeww
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"