Aquaman Box Office Thread

9bb0a3b1cb26bc09de21d61e61c37241.gif
If only you had a gif of Daffy doing something like that or similar to be more representative of the studio behind the film lol.

I won't be surprised if this explodes on Saturday and Sun to get around $90-95M+. Or maybe even $100M.

I won't be surprised if this explodes on Saturday and Sun to get around $90-95M+. Or maybe even $100M.
I would be satisfied with the 85M projected but if 90M - 100M happens it would be sooo incredible!!

The domestic box office gets weird around Christmas. 100 wouldn’t surprise me...neither would 60-something. Or 85. In any event it ought to be fun to watch.

The domestic box office gets weird around Christmas. 100 wouldn’t surprise me...neither would 60-something. Or 85. In any event it ought to be fun to watch.
I think he was talking about the Chinese box office. I am just gonna rely on what has been projected for domestic(65M OW) until new projections come out saying otherwise.

$65 million is low. I have no way to back that up but I know it is. Hollywood Reporter is off.

I think he was talking about the Chinese box office. I am just gonna rely on what has been projected for domestic(65M OW) until new projections come out saying otherwise.

Ah, my bad. Will still be interesting to watch. Last time Xmas fell on a Tuesday the studios ran away from the weekend before; this year it’s all guns blazing. I haven’t a clue how it will play out.

25m for an 85m opening!?

Avengers better attach their trailer to this baby

25m for an 85m opening!?

Avengers better attach their trailer to this baby
Apparently, Marvel will be attaching some trailers to Aquaman. I think I heard the new Spiderman trailer is supposed to be attached to it among other things. This information I heard from watching Grace Randolph. I know she is not the most beloved around here but she gets it right sometimes so I listen to what she has to say every once in a while.

BTW Any new numbers from China yet?

Oh man so it could get close or over 200M over there?

If it opens around 100M in US and with Christmas legs might push it to say, 300M (totally a wild guess)

Then it only needs 300M outside US/China to clear 800M WW, 400M to get to 900M, and with a bit of a luck, 50M more in US and 50M more WW outside China, it could clear 1 Billion. Lol.

This film looks more like a global audience film e.g. Harry Potter, Pirates etc higher ratio of non US incomes, than the US heavy films like MOS, TDK, WW etc

Wan did clear 1.5B with Fast and Furious and the budget/box office ratios for his other films are insane.

To think Aquaman may become the highest grossing movie of the DCEU haha.

There was never any doubt in my mind and heart:

tumblr_phmjqlGPNz1qgfbkmo10_500.gif

The 'women who normally don't watch CBM but are gonna make an exception' crowd is pretty big :D It's 3/4 of my office :funny:

So a billion does not sound too crazy now..:wow:
But the Internet told me the DCEU is dead and that a flying Nanny will provide heavy competition...:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"