Aquaman Box Office Thread

Well, that's just fantastic. No other movie has been able to open north of 100m (closest being Hobbit 1 at 84.6m) in December so this is great news for Aquaman.

Hafta give props to WB since their marketing push has been very aggressive in the last month or two and that must've helped a lot to gain so much traction even when we're still 3 weeks out.

Rouge One?

China presales began yesterday. Aquaman tickets have been on sale for a day and so far Aquaman has sold very well. It's almost triple of Fantastic Beasts 2 after one day of sales and matches Justice League and Thor Ragnarok after 3-5 days of sales for those movies.

China presales began yesterday. Aquaman tickets have been on sale for a day and so far Aquaman has sold very well. It's almost triple of Fantastic Beasts 2 after one day of sales and matches Justice League and Thor Ragnarok after 3-5 days of sales for those movies.
It should do really well in China as DC movies have been trending upwards in the Middle Kingdom.

Sounds very promising :up:

I expect Aquaman to do really well in China and Brazil.

Perhaps Australia too? James + Nicole? They are having separate premiere there

Aquaman will do very well in all the Asians & Latin American countries. It's easily the first choice movie for most of these territories during the holidays and it's a CBM and James Wan is behind the camera. So it's pretty much guaranteed to do well in these parts of the world.

Edit: Aquaman may do solid numbers in the proper English speaking countries and the rest of EU but it has the potential to explode in Asia & LatAm if it's received well.

More and more good signs.

Aquaman will do very well in all the Asians & Latin American countries. It's easily the first choice movie for most of these territories during the holidays and it's a CBM and James Wan is behind the camera. So it's pretty much guaranteed to do well in these parts of the world.

Edit: Aquaman may do solid numbers in the proper English speaking countries and the rest of EU but it has the potential to explode in Asia & LatAm if it's received well.
Good to know :up:

entourage-aquaman-movie.jpg

I'm gladly starting to buy into the hype. Hope it does very well.

I read on Box Office Theory that the film has been number 1 over nanny and others in presales every single day :D

I read on Box Office Theory that the film has been number 1 over nanny and others in presales every single day :D

That's factually incorrect since Mary Poppins Returns would have been automatically on top the day it went on sale.

But the good news is that the pre-sales volume is good so far. It seems like the movie has been able to overcome apprehension and doubt from the GA about the IP after the JL debacle.

That's factually incorrect since Mary Poppins Returns would have been automatically on top the day it went on sale.

But the good news is that the pre-sales volume is good so far. It seems like the movie has been able to overcome apprehension and doubt from the GA about the IP after the JL debacle.

I saw the comparisons of numbers and Aquaman had a lead over it, I'm guessing except for that one day. People there tend to know more than people here when it comes to box office.

I know that's what you were referring to.

Aquaman is a fanboy/action junkie driven movie so it's natural that it'll have more upfront sales than a 4 quadrant Disney movie without a dedicated fanbase during the holidays.

A lot of people would say Mary Poppins has a dedicated fanbase, at least this what I am reading on AW lol

A lot of people would say Mary Poppins has a dedicated fanbase, at least this what I am reading on AW lol

LOL. You can certainly make a case for that as well.

But when I say a dedicated fanbase, I mean the crowd that watches a movie during the previews or opening day. So with the rabid DC/CBM fanbase leading the charge, Aquaman is pretty much guaranteed to do more than MPR on 1st day (as well as the previews) but MPR will make up the lost ground on Saturday & Sunday with it's usual crowd chipping in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"