Days of Future Past Are you tired of Wolverine being overexposed?

Not tired at all. I am sick entirely of batman in the comics, but wolverine hugging the spotlight makes more sense than taking chances with characters with not big enough fan base. Heck wolverine seems to be more popular than several mutans put together. So far he is the only mutant able to carry his own comic for quite a few years, but then again there are some characters like Deadpool who are popular too.

Exactly he is the key character to the X-team just like batman for JL why would anyone would hate him or don't want him in x men .

Also Wolverine is sole reason I loved the X men :D

Exactly he is the key character to the X-team just like batman for JL why would anyone would hate him or don't want him in x men .

No one is saying those things. :whatever:

We are asking for stories that aren't focused on him (his past, his adamantium, his healing, his immortality) and stories that do not always give him the central role of saving the day. Instead, it would be nice to see some stories focusing on some of the other characters, or stories linked to the past/origins of other characters.

Xavier, Magneto and now Mystique are also fairly well developed, but we know nothing much about Storm, for instance.

Shadow King/Apocalypse could link to African past of Storm, Sinister could link to Jean and Scott, Thieves Guild/Marauders/Mutant Massacre could link to past of Gambit.

Then at least we'd find out a bit more about other key characters. Wolverine is played out from that point of view.

Last edited:

We are asking for stories that aren't focused on him (his past, his adamantium, his healing, his immortality) and stories that do not always give him the central role of saving the day. Instead, it would be nice to see some stories focusing on some of the other characters, or stories linked to the past/origins of other characters.

Xavier, Magneto and now Mystique are also fairly well developed, but we know nothing much about Storm, for instance.

Shadow King/Apocalypse could link to African past of Storm, Sinister could link to Jean and Scott, Thieves Guild/Marauders/Mutant Massacre could link to past of Gambit.

Then at least we'd find out a bit more about other key characters. Wolverine is played out from that point of view.
Very well said im not saying get rid of Hugh or to kick Wolverine out of the movies because yes he is a big draw, he is not th eonly draw,because people have favorites whom are other characters. But to incorporate stories in which another character can get the spotlight with Wolvie still playing a role is what were are trying to say. Every single plot with XMen should not revolve around him,because there is room for him and others.

Come on guys, you mean you aren't looking forward to Wolvie's next movies? Wolverine and the X-Force? Wolverine and the Fantastic Four? Wolverine vs. Freddy vs. Jason?

What really annoys me even more than Wolverine's overexposure is the fact that we will never see any Cyclops stories in the current continuity. Which especially sucks given his arc the past decade or so.

Come on guys, you mean you aren't looking forward to Wolvie's next movies? Wolverine and the X-Force? Wolverine and the Fantastic Four? Wolverine vs. Freddy vs. Jason?

What really annoys me even more than Wolverine's overexposure is the fact that we will never see any Cyclops stories in the current continuity. Which especially sucks given his arc the past decade or so.

i think another First class movie would give cyclops at the very least a subplot too become the leader, would be the best character development for him we seen i think

I'm fine with it in DOFP. Though FC was a nice change.

:lmao:

i think another First class movie would give cyclops at the very least a subplot too become the leader, would be the best character development for him we seen i think

Yes, that's one way to put the spotlight on Cyclops.

Otherwise, put Marsden's version in the present/future timeline era and just write him a bit tougher so he can doesn't get trampled on by Wolverine. The dynamic of think-first strategist (Cyclops) vs claws-first, think-last badass (Wolverine) should make a good mix of testosterone with lots of conflict. The Expendables managed all those men on screen together!

Good point anout Batman. I personally hate that they are turning Man of Steel 2 into a Batman movie. But others can't get enough of Him. It's the same with Wolverine some hate him getting so much attention, others love it because they love Wolverine.

I had a post up several years ago.That said "Is anyone else just sick of Wolverine?"And I agree even in comics and animated cartoons.While I like Wolverine I actually loved him more when he wasnt given the spotlight.When the stories where more balanced in the Comics and Scott was truly the leader.Chris Clermont&John Byrne days.It gave a sharp dark and light contrast.But they way they play him now there nothing to play him against except himself.That's what makes the Joker the ultimate villian for Batman the contrast you can only be dark but for so long.Its just overkill.To me.There are no X-men anymore.Really speaking.Thats why the movies dont do so well.You do better playing him off someone or somthing else.If not its the same story over and over again.

people than cant really understand our points basically arent 'X-Men" fans.
Wolverine fans in any case.

Wrong. That's a stupid and childish generalization.

For starters, no one here (including myself) has the right to judge who's a *real* fan of anything.

Read through this thread, and you'll see that the clear consensus is that everyone (Wolverine fans included) are not only not against more team films and focus on other characters, they want those films too.

If they're still happy to see Wolverine play a big role in the films because he's their favorite character, there's nothing wrong with that. Everyone's entitled to have a favorite character, and that doesn't make them any less or more of a fan of this series as anyone else.

So anyone who doesn't agree with your view isn't an x-man fan but a wolverine fan:doh:

This Is hardly a new devolpment In comics some had called wolverine overexposed too.

wolverine Is most popular X-Man.Sorry but It's the truth.And he was most popular one long before Hugh Jackman played him.

Wolverine Is only one who has been able to sell his own comic in addattion to X-Men books.Gambit and Bishop were not able to sustain solo books for long.

Since they choose to use DOFP to combine first class and Trilogy casts instead of a straight X4 Wolverine was just about only choice for time traveler.

Wrong. That's a stupid and childish generalization.

For starters, no one here (including myself) has the right to judge who's a *real* fan of anything.

Read through this thread, and you'll see that the clear consensus is that everyone (Wolverine fans included) are not only not against more team films and focus on other characters, they want those films too.

If they're still happy to see Wolverine play a big role in the films because he's their favorite character, there's nothing wrong with that. Everyone's entitled to have a favorite character, and that doesn't make them any less or more of a fan of this series as anyone else.

to clear it up to all users, I didnt post my coment in a rude way.

Just that many users have explained what they want, and it seems there are some users than still dont understand the points. Thats why I said that, and again not in a rude way. Either I used any insult, Im not that type of person.

But if some got offended, it wasnt honestly my intention. :cwink:

So anyone who doesn't agree with your view isn't an x-man fan but a wolverine fan:doh:

This Is hardly a new devolpment In comics some had called wolverine overexposed too.

wolverine Is most popular X-Man.Sorry but It's the truth.And he was most popular one long before Hugh Jackman played him.

Wolverine Is only one who has been able to sell his own comic in addattion to X-Men books.Gambit and Bishop were not able to sustain solo books for long.

Since they choose to use DOFP to combine first class and Trilogy casts instead of a straight X4 Wolverine was just about only choice for time traveler.
I just would like them to explore moreso with different characters, because XMen is not just Wolverine reagrdless how popular he is. He can still play a role, but like I said have storylines focused on other heroes.:yay:

I voted YES, but:

Ironically, Wolverine is only one of two original team members I still care about (the other being Ian as Magneto). Also, keeping it real: Hugh is a good Wolverine and he brings in the $$.

The problem is that Fox never invested in the other characters. To be fair, they were flying a bit blind with the first X-film, but X2 seemed to plant some seeds for other character development. But they blew it in X3 and Origins, where it was all about throwing as many mutants as possible on screen and seeing what stuck.

If Storm had better writing, Scott wasn't treated as Wolverine's obstacle, and Pyro and Iceman's frenemy thing treated as something more than an annoying plot point to be tied up in X3, (etc etc), we wouldn't be left with Wolverine as the only one putting the butts in the theater seats.

to clear it up to all users, I didnt post my coment in a rude way.

Just that many users have explained what they want, and it seems there are some users than still dont understand the points. Thats why I said that, and again not in a rude way. Either I used any insult, Im not that type of person.

But if some got offended, it wasnt honestly my intention. :cwink:

I remembered you told me I wasn't a true X-Men fan, because I don't want to see spin-offs and that all I think is box-office numbers.:csad:

I wonder if this is a of "the CB fans may be tired of so much Wolverine, but the GA still loves him." Sometimes, what the fanboys want is not what everyone else wants.

Even though I really enjoyed the last Wolvie movie, yes he's over exposed and over utilized- and sadly at the expense of others...

I surprisingly LOVED The Wolverine.

You know what else I love? Shadowcat. Blink. Havok. Iceman. Mystique. Quicksilver. Beast. Characters that will get far too few and far between moments in this new film if it's over saturated with Wolverine. It's already going to be crowded enough with two Magnetos and two Xaviers, then to have Wolvie in both the past and the future? Yikers.

I voted YES, but:

Ironically, Wolverine is only one of two original team members I still care about (the other being Ian as Magneto). Also, keeping it real: Hugh is a good Wolverine and he brings in the $$.

The problem is that Fox never invested in the other characters. To be fair, they were flying a bit blind with the first X-film, but X2 seemed to plant some seeds for other character development. But they blew it in X3 and Origins, where it was all about throwing as many mutants as possible on screen and seeing what stuck.

If Storm had better writing, Scott wasn't treated as Wolverine's obstacle, and Pyro and Iceman's frenemy thing treated as something more than an annoying plot point to be tied up in X3, (etc etc), we wouldn't be left with Wolverine as the only one putting the butts in the theater seats.
^This :applaudi feel like this is the case. I do wish they would have invested in other character as well. And
i still havent seen TW yet.

I wonder if this is a of "the CB fans may be tired of so much Wolverine, but the GA still loves him." Sometimes, what the fanboys want is not what everyone else wants.

Then again, Logan's latest solo film isn't exactly doing gangbusters. I think people overestimate how much of a draw Wolverine is.

Yes! I cant bear him anymore!

Sincerely, in 90's when I was young, Wolverine was one of my favourite characters alongside with Cyclops, Gambit ...
But now, since 2000's, 2010's, his popularity has so grown. Video Games, movies, too much Wolverine thats crazy. Producers want to make a overdosage, according to me, they must stop, calm down, otherwise there is not enought screentime for others characters.
Really fed up with that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"