Arrow Arrow 3.22 This is Your Sword

Nah, he needs to be Black Driver.

Yes!

the_black_driver__1__faux_cover_art__by_crookbu41-d72ddqt.jpg

God, i cringe when Felicity is on screen now. I can't decide whose more annoying; her or Iris from the Flash. The two of them pick the worst times to want to talk about their feelings and relationships. :doh:

Laurel is fast becoming my new favorite female lead!

Thea is my favourite female lead. At least she doesn't sound terrible when getting emotional and her face still looks decent. Laurel has that horrible cry baby face when she's crying, and Felicity has that horrible trembling voice whenever she has to emote. Felicity should only stick to comedy now and never be featured in any scenes where it requires any drama.

Well some people look worse when doing it than others. Some women still look beautiful even when they cry.

It shouldn't be "pretty," but the actor's need to be able to sell the emotion of it in a believable manner. Thea's actress can do this in a way that Laurel and Felicity's cannot, imo.

Why don't the directors for each episode ever tell Felicity that her trembling voice doesn't sound good at all? There must be another way for her to act. Not every actress who has to emote does a trembling voice.

I feel like the belief was that Felicity was never the type of character to speak up or speak her mind in tense situation. The exchange between Roy and Felicity against Oliver when Laurel was hit with Vertigo was great because she was standing up to him. But overall, she has a very muskrat personality and they want her to look stronger, but it hasn't been working as well.

Well she used to be a more interesting/nuanced character. This season, she's been reduced to merely the "love interest" role, be it with Oliver or Ray. And these writers have already proven that they cannot write that well. Or perhaps it's more accurate to say that they cannot write MAIN romances well, the supporting character's ones are usually ok.

As much as a mess this episode was in terms of Ollie pulling the same old **** (and now that we know he wasn't brainwashed, that makes the scene where he no sold the arrow to the wrist even crazier), it was a fun as hell ride with some good scenes sprinkled throughout.

Well she used to be a more interesting/nuanced character. This season, she's been reduced to merely the "love interest" role, be it with Oliver or Ray. And these writers have already proven that they cannot write that well. Or perhaps it's more accurate to say that they cannot write MAIN romances well, the supporting character's ones are usually ok.

That's what baffles me. Thea/Roy was fine, Ronnie/Caitlin was fine, Tommy/Laurel was largely fine, Felicity/Barry was fine. . . they just completely fall apart if one of the characters is the "intended" romance of the hero.

It shouldn't be "pretty," but the actor's need to be able to sell the emotion of it in a believable manner. Thea's actress can do this in a way that Laurel and Felicity's cannot, imo.

I hated thea in the first 2 series. Whinge, whinge, bloody whinge. The whole reason the pub was invented was so that men didn't have to look at crying women.

I hated thea in the first 2 series. Whinge, whinge, bloody whinge. The whole reason the pub was invented was so that men didn't have to look at crying women.

:hehe:

This show will have sent many a man for a pint. :D

That's what baffles me. Thea/Roy was fine, Ronnie/Caitlin was fine, Tommy/Laurel was largely fine, Felicity/Barry was fine. . . they just completely fall apart if one of the characters is the "intended" romance of the hero.

That's because they're so obsessed with pushing this whole "true love/destined soul mate" thing that it really shows. It comes across as REALLY forced. Writers, if you're going to go there, then you have to do the leg work to make it seem believable. SHOW, don't tell.

The thing that bothers me with Olicity is exactly that. They showed Felicity being upset when he slept with Isabel, but the only indication of jealousy they gave Oliver was when Barry came along. But Oliver ended up hooking up with Sara while Felicity was visiting Barry. After that, aside from the Finale fake out, which to me seemed like just a nod to the fans, I never felt like their romance was believable until it suddenly was a thing this season. Apparently that major arc was built up in those comics that no one reads.

The thing that bothers me with Olicity is exactly that. They showed Felicity being upset when he slept with Isabel, but the only indication of jealousy they gave Oliver was when Barry came along. But Oliver ended up hooking up with Sara while Felicity was visiting Barry. After that, aside from the Finale fake out, which to me seemed like just a nod to the fans, I never felt like their romance was believable until it suddenly was a thing this season. Apparently that major arc was built up in those comics that no one reads.

Agreed! Establishing their epic love match off-screen between seasons 2 and 3 was bizarre and ultimately has been a disservice to both of their characters, but especially Felicity's character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"