Arrow Arrow 3.22 This is Your Sword

They did addressed the issue of Diggle not wearing a mask on the dinner two episodes ago, when Felicity said that if he will keep going out on the field they need to make him a "do not say a costume". And didn't they say that Diggle will have something next season after taking the mold of his face?

I guess for now, he doesn't feel the need to use a mask because he is not a public figure like Oliver (billionaire that was all over the news), Laurel (DA that showed up on TV quite a few times), but I too hope they give him something. If he doesn't want a costume like Arrow, Arsenal or Black Canary, at least give him gloves and something to the face, while he still wears normal gear...

Katana cradling Maseo after their fight was possibly the best scene of the season. Maybe even the series.
It just really shows how much chemistry and better acting skills that the actors portraying Katanna and Maseo have over the likes of other pairings (romantic or not) within this season. Despite not having much time together in the present day scenes, the two really knocked it out of the park and brought out the required emotion from that moment.
:up:

They did addressed the issue of Diggle not wearing a mask on the dinner two episodes ago, when Felicity said that if he will keep going out on the field they need to make him a "do not say a costume". And didn't they say that Diggle will have something next season after taking the mold of his face?

I guess for now, he doesn't feel the need to use a mask because he is not a public figure like Oliver (billionaire that was all over the news), Laurel (DA that showed up on TV quite a few times), but I too hope they give him something. If he doesn't want a costume like Arrow, Arsenal or Black Canary, at least give him gloves and something to the face, while he still wears normal gear...

yeah it's just , I mean with in the show for him to acknowledge it. He's supposed to the wisest of all of them(as we like to push it) & then this. (the writer keep skipping it over )

it's just he'll have another nasty visit to his house cause of what he did this week or he should some time later.

Cause this is what really happens. they (the thug's/ criminals ) they put away carry Grudges will look for who put them there or with what he did this specifically this week with going over board in excessive force with the beat down. they made him show his face while showing that one thug looking at him straight in the face , blacking out via the thug's vision .

the problem is that cause they carry grudges they will look for him he doesn't need to be a public figure, he got in there way in this case he made sure they were nearly in coma or with major broken bones in the hospital before their jail time and they know his face they should /would look for him out of retaliation of what he did this week. they will find his family etc . he really doesn't need to be scene on tv

It'll be worse the next time around or should cause they won't hold back with kidnapping they will want him to suffer. also laurel called him by his real name seriously around them.

this needs to register in his head that he needs a ski mask a full mask he doesn't have to be like the others but out of all of them he has the most to loose & needs to take better prosecution if he ever does that again. Action's like that are costly .

He's tripping/freaking out now over what oliver did with the league, but he'll feel worse or should feel worse later cause those thug's will or should want pay back for what he did to them. that just needs to be addressed with a story since /cause he went over board with his beat down made sure they had a good look at him.

The problem is he's not careful at all I hear what your saying but it's about consequence's they eed to register in his head

Last edited:
Well I guess when you think about it, cops don't have to wear masks. And Diggle basically moves like an agent so that's one way of looking at it.

Well I guess when you think about it, cops don't have to wear masks. And Diggle basically moves like an agent so that's one way of looking at it.
agent 's have safe house multiple and have sneaky body guards dressed as ordinary people that watch their homes from out side , agency's make sure if they have their agents to use false names ,alias's / legends or to make sure they can't be linked to that family or by having their agent family safe by moving out of the house next to them not sharing the same name , and that's if the agency can't provide appropriate protection.

The leauge freaking broke into his house look at the arrow lair with how easy the cop's of captain Lance broke the cheap dime store lock of a door despite him installing a security system from Argus.

Laural called him by his real name in front of them after they caught them. I said I don't want to hear that any more they make agents terrible with this show.

He needs to smarten up. well the writers have to make him act smarter. since he's lacking resource wise

If your gonna have rage event like that don't let them identify you.

Last edited:
agent 's have safe house multiple and have sneaky body guards dressed as ordinary people that watch their homes from out side , agency's make sure if they have their agents to use false names ,alias's / legends or to make sure they can't be linked to that family or by having their agent family safe by moving out of the house next to them not sharing the same name , and that's if the agency can't provide appropriate protection.

The leauge freaking broke into his house look at the arrow lair with how easy the cop's of captain Lance broke the cheap dime store lock of a door despite him installing a security system from Argus.

Laural called him by his real name in front of them after they caught them. I said I don't want to hear that any more they make agents terrible with this show.

He needs to smarten up. well the writers have to make him act smarter. since he's lacking resource wise

If your gonna have rage event like that don't let them identify you.

Yes but they weren't hearing that or anything for awhile after the Canary cry.

Yes but they weren't hearing that or anything for awhile after the Canary cry.
yeah that's not always gonna work . Also they will eventually run into some one that can read lips as a natural talent. just like those that enjoy torture or have resistance training / been conditioned to degree & leading people on with false info via that . That can't always be relied on for or as a excuse to the audience for ever. Besides his face is enough he made sure his face was clearly seen befor the thug blacked out.

Last edited:

The thing is, they didn't address him not wearing a mask, they hung a lantern on it. They did a lot of that this episode, too, with jokes about trusting Merlyn and other little self aware jibes at themselves. It's cute, but it doesn't actually address the problems.

This show's version of addressing things is to just double down on them. Diggle doesn't wear a mask, their version of addressing it is to constantly bring it up, but there are never any actual consequences. Oliver survives an impossible fall, they make it a central plot point but in no way really explain it.

And sometimes, they just continue to contradict themselves, which is something that other shows and the comics do, too, I just wish that all of them would stop. For me, the most irritating is skill levels. Multiple times they've chosen spectacle over consistency. End of last season, it was 'cool' to intercut the present and past Oliver vs. Slade fights, so they have past Oliver do way better against mirakuru Slade than makes any sense. Also there was the fight in the tunnel where everyone was having a laughably easy time against the mirakuru soldiers, even though Oliver almost died against a single one in the mid season finale. This season, they've had some history of League members being amazing fighters, and yet now anyone can take on multiple League members at once like they are children.

All of this removes any real tension, because it just means that in the end the good guys will just get worse at fighting when the writers want them to be in danger, then they'll get better when the writers want them to win. We get pretty fights, which I appreciate, but there is no real emotion behind it because we just assume that things will work out however the writers want.

I've kinda felt that Digg not wearing a mask is somewhat racist. In this day,I'm surprised others haven't been throwing that card by now. But essentially what the the show is saying is no one is going to recognize a black man if he's running around chasing bad guys in the dark.:shrug:

Wow I haven't even thought about it like that. I just know it's incredibly stupid of him, especially since he has a wife and child.

Please let it be Green Lantern. Just admit that John Diggle is John Stewart and I'll be happy.

http://www.mtv.com/news/2078308/arrow-diggle-green-lantern-marc-guggenheim/

“It’s funny, I’ve spoken to David quite a bit about this issue, I know it keeps coming up,” Guggenheim told MTV News over the phone. “I spoke to [writer] Geoff Johns at DC after that interview went viral. Basically, John Diggle is now a character in the comics… John Diggle is John Diggle. We’re not being coy and saying John Diggle is someone else, i.e. John Stewart. DC has other plans for that character. We love David, and we love the character of John Diggle that he’s created. We have really cool plans for him… they involve a wedding ring, but they don’t involve a power ring.”

Diggle doesn't need to be someone else, he is a good enough character in his own right.

The reason it was revealed that Ra's forced Nyssa's mother to give him a child without her having a say, the same way he is forcing Nyssa to do the same with Oliver is because they now want us to hate Ra's more than they did before. In previous episodes they showed us things about Ra's (him saying a prayer for those that he kills, him encouraging Felicity to make the most of her final moments with Oliver as it is something Ra's regrets not doing with his last moments with his family, the fact that he hesitated to kill Damien Darhk) to get us to understand him better and perhaps to even like him. They probably wanted us to hate Oliver more at the time. Now that the finale is coming up and it is Ra's that is the villain in the final chapter, they want us to hate him and to hope that he gets what he has coming to him.

Last edited:
Yeah. I think people forget Ra's makes them feel creepy about what he's doing because it's supposed to be creepy. We're not supposed to think he's a good guy doing a good thing..

Really disliked Felicity and Diggle in this episode.

Right now I'd be quite happy for S4 to start in a brand new Arrow-cave minus team Arrow. Just Ollie, Laurel and Thea.

Diggle is just about the only person I'm not annoyed with right now. He's so much better than all of them...he just needs to be a Green Lantern and fly off into space to get away from the horror that is Olicity.

Nah, he needs to be Black Driver.

Wow I haven't even thought about it like that. I just know it's incredibly stupid of him, especially since he has a wife and child.

And also the show is inconsistent about it. Sometimes he at least wears a ski mask, even at times when he doesn't really need to. But at other times, when he SHOULD be wearing the mask, he doesn't. The show cannot make up it's mind about that.

The thing is, they didn't address him not wearing a mask, they hung a lantern on it. They did a lot of that this episode, too, with jokes about trusting Merlyn and other little self aware jibes at themselves. It's cute, but it doesn't actually address the problems.

This show's version of addressing things is to just double down on them. Diggle doesn't wear a mask, their version of addressing it is to constantly bring it up, but there are never any actual consequences. Oliver survives an impossible fall, they make it a central plot point but in no way really explain it.

And sometimes, they just continue to contradict themselves, which is something that other shows and the comics do, too, I just wish that all of them would stop. For me, the most irritating is skill levels. Multiple times they've chosen spectacle over consistency. End of last season, it was 'cool' to intercut the present and past Oliver vs. Slade fights, so they have past Oliver do way better against mirakuru Slade than makes any sense. Also there was the fight in the tunnel where everyone was having a laughably easy time against the mirakuru soldiers, even though Oliver almost died against a single one in the mid season finale. This season, they've had some history of League members being amazing fighters, and yet now anyone can take on multiple League members at once like they are children.

All of this removes any real tension, because it just means that in the end the good guys will just get worse at fighting when the writers want them to be in danger, then they'll get better when the writers want them to win. We get pretty fights, which I appreciate, but there is no real emotion behind it because we just assume that things will work out however the writers want.

Yeah that's something that a lot of writers do not get. Drawing attention to/making a joke of the flaws in your writing in-universe does not make it any less flawed. In fact, it's even more annoying because it shows that they're aware of said flaws and are just CHOOSING not to fix them.

The best part of this episode was Malcolm telling the group they're not good actors. If only Routh and Willa could have been in the room when he said that.

Katana's costume looked cool. I hope she appears like that on a regular basis in Season 4.

Thea looked sexy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"