Arrow Arrow Season 2 Episode 7 "State v. Queen" Discussion Thread

Another great episode, specially with that incredible ending! I think Malcolm survived thanks to the super serum healing factor, unless he was healed with the Lazarus Pit like some have said. And the island stuff keeps getting better and better, Ollie between Sarah and Shado (what a lucky son of a gun!) and the poor Slade, it should be intense! :woot:

I really hope it was the Lazarus Pit that brought him back. Malcolm should be one of Ra's high ranking followers, who is allowed the privilege to use Ra's Lazarus Pit.

^ I remember the Cyrus vanch episode quite well, Cyprus leaves prison, kidnapps laurel and then Oliver kill 20 or so men to rescue her :)

21 I believe... the exact number of arrow's he carried in his quiver :D But Cyrus didn't count on Lance coming along too... it was a very clever episode, I do hope he comes back sometime for a team up or something.

I wouldn't mind seeing the dodger again either. The rest of them were pretty forgettable though.

I like that they're at least in Star County, should rename Starling City to Star City at some point.

Oooookay...that was jaw dropping!!! :)
DAT ENDING!!!!

Personally I really thought that this is a good start for Laurel's road of redemption...I mean: she obviously knew more than just the affair thing. I'm quite sure that Donner wanted to connect Thea's interrogation and initial hate towards Moira to the fact that he knows Thea is Malcolm's daughter. So I think that Laurel didn't show off all of her cards (despite what she'd said to Moira).

Everything else was just absolutely awesome!
Ollie killing the Count because of Felicity reminded me of him killing some criminals in the comics because of Dinah being in danger...this is Ollie from the comics: He feels guilty when he kills (nevermind the Grell run as a whole) but does it when people he loves are at stake (or when he's really really pissed like with Prometheus).
Still: I don't want him to end up with Felicity.

on another note: if that guy was Grundy don't waste him for a nod to the fans a la Nolan...at first he can be a strong guy but then he needs to deteriorate and start becoming something like Joel Schumacher's awful Bane ;) (just in blue)
because i need to see this:
http://birdsofprey.blog.hu/2013/08/12/green_arrow_v3_018_the_archer_s_quest (second image)

I think Laurel did show off all her trump cards.

The point was, Moira was getting off regardless.

Laurel did a good job but still failed, she'll get tons of blame and hate and this will further her spiral downwards. Expect her to OD, break down or go psycho evil villain shortly.

You'd think she'd feel happy about the fact that, despite her being "forced" to go after Moira, she got off and didn't have to send Ollie's mom to death row.

^ let's not forget who we are talking about, it's ms. Irrational

Laurel was okay, but she's still boring and not really needed on this show. The court scene was ridiculous because she should not have been anywhere near that case in the first place. So I really didn't care too much about her because of that.

I really hope with Sara in the mix it stops the Slade/Shado/Oliver love triangle from happening.

Well she saved ollie's mom but was the DA responsible for letting the greatest mass murderer ever get off the hook = more melodrama and pills for Laurel.

Meanwhile her sister is the black Canary, is really popular, hot and badass, so let's just forget this whole "laurel in the comics.." stuff please Arrow writers.

Turn Laurel into BC's big bad, who's power is to be whiny and melodratic, making Sara feel hella guilty when she's kicking her ass.

^ with the game Oliver has, he have a threesome with both the girls an slade will miss out ;)

Laurel didn't do anything to save Ollie's mom. Malcolm threatened/paid off the jury. He saved Moira so he could threaten her some more. Laurel was useless as usual. If they removed her it would not have made a difference in the case.

Slade's probably wondering where Ollie keeps finding hot women on the island.

Last edited:
The only difference it would have made, is that I would have disliked Laurel less. Because she'd actually have been smart enough to recuse herself from the case. But it's like her judgment and rational way of thinking is completely shot.

It kinda sucks that 2/3 of the really BIG GA villains are now dead, vertigo and drakon. But at least Merlyn is back.

As for their "there will be two big bads this season" now we have Isabel, Blood, Grundy, Merlyn, Ivo, Deathstroke, R'as, Nyssa.. like, I think maybe they just forgot that whole physical and mental threat thing.

Amell could just end every season fighting Malcolm tbh.

So... Lazarus pit confirmed, right? Right?

Confirmed, no. Malcolm just said he's been a place where death is an illusion and he learned how to fake it. Although I don't know how much you have to fake it when you have an arrow through your heart.

Confirmed, no. Malcolm just said he's been a place where death is an illusion and he learned how to fake it. Although I don't know how much you have to fake it when you have an arrow through your heart.

The other thing is like, wasn't there a body or something? Digg and Ollie were on that roof for a little while after Merlyn died... so he must have been faking it an awful long time.

Oliver didn't seem completely shocked when he thought that was Malcolm breaking into his house either.

The only difference it would have made, is that I would have disliked Laurel less. Because she'd actually have been smart enough to recuse herself from the case. But it's like her judgment and rational way of thinking is completely shot.

I'm more annoyed at the writing. Not only did it not make a lot of sense for Laurel to take the case, there's no way in hell the DA would have had her on it to begin with. At all. They wouldn't have put her on the case in the beginning and they wouldn't have had her be lead once the head prosecutor was abducted.

I don't dislike Laurel as much as some people seemed to. Her arc in the first season made sense to me. I got why she hated Ollie, and I didn't mind her relationship with Tommy, but I do agree that the writers need to start picking a direction to go with her character.

It kinda sucks that 2/3 of the really BIG GA villains are now dead, vertigo and drakon. But at least Merlyn is back.

They could actually bring back Vertigo and Drakon if they wanted to. With powers and gizmos now introduced, they could introduce Werner Zytle, noble of Vlatava, who disorients his enemies with a head mounted device. The only downside is, you can't call him Count Vertigo anymore. As for Drakon, we can just say the Bodyguard was the brother of Constantine Drakon, who's a highly capable hitman.

Ratings came in, it scored a 0,9 demo rating with 2.53 millions viewers. I think it will adjust upto a 1 though. This show deserves way more IMO.

Those coordinates on the arrow head must lead to the lazarus pit.

^ I thought they said It lead to the submarine?

He got 3 arrows in his chest and dropped out of the window. A Gargoyle breaking off the building and crashing into him, would have been the icing on the cake. :o

Now why would there be gargoyles on an office building? Realism dude :oldrazz:

Yeah, Sara said it's the coordinates to the Japanese submarine with the super solider serum.

I was looking forward to some sadistic experimentation by the Doc. I'll be a little disappointed if Ollie and co. just find the Sub, and inject Slade with the serum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"