Arrow Season 2 Episode 7 "State v. Queen" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by eplo, Nov 20, 2013.

?

Rate This Episode

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. DigificWriter Registered

I really like Felicity as a character and Emily and Stephen have great chemistry, but I'd personally rather see Oliver with Laurel or Sara romantically.

2. Saitou Hajime Registered

Well, all this episode shows is that Lance is either a great actor, or the densest cop in the world. Because if a psychopath like the Count can connect the dots about Ollie and the Arrow, then so should Lance.

3. TheComicbookKid Swing n Miss

Not really. He already tried connecting Felicity to the Arrow last season when he interrogated her.

At this point, he's connected Ollie to the Hood and Felicity to the Hood. He still hasn't connected Ollie as the Hood.

4. Steyin Bidding you ADIEU!

Dang. Dang. Dang.

5. herolee10 No More Miracles

Despite what some may think, I didn't really have issues with Laurel at all as a character in this episode. I liked the fact that she showed obvious guilt about doing what she did due to the position that she was in, and even when Oliver extended an friendly hand towards her, she refused to out of her own guilt.

Overall, I was impressed with how they handled her in this episode.

Hopefully with Sara around on the island, this means that we won't be getting a full blown lover's triangle between Oliver, Shado, and Slade in terms of both guys fighting for her affections.

Everything that has been said about the big reveal pretty much sums up on how i feel.

Also, I really did enjoy the Oliver and felicity moments and I think it's more of a given now that the two are going to hook up later on in this season.

6. Joined:
    Nov 20, 2009
    Haha I bet those Tommy/Thea shippers have their world shattered now. But seriously though, Thea's attraction(if any) to Tommy isn't entirely silly. It's a real thing that brothers and sisters who don't know they're related to have a little :hrt:.

This episode was really good. I can't wait for Barry/Flash and other super-humans to start coming out of the woodwork in the coming episodes.

I know it may never happen but a part of me secretly wished that whenever the television was playing in the background in the episodes so far, that this would show up somehow:

[YT]YU6L_4q2mcM[/YT]

I was slightly giddy when the TV feed in the Arrow Cave/Quiver started flickering at one point in the episode, but then it was just Count Vertigo. :(

7. Ultra Nolanite Registered

I jumped up from my bed when they showed Malcolm Merlyn.

I loved that Ollie killed Vertigo. It served two goals for me. Showing that the no killing thing isn't as easy as it would seem.

AND it got rid of the RIDICULOUS guy playing Vertigo. I hate him and was about to call this one of the 'lesser' this episodes because of him and Laurel. The guy's just too much.

But then Merlyn came back and it became a great episode all of a sudden. Loved the island stuff as well :D

8. Nathan Registered

Halleluja! The Count is Dead! I hated him every time he appeared. I'm so glad we won't have to deal with him anymore, ever again.

Yeah, Laurel got humanized a bit more, but I still can't stand her. If she feels so guilty, why even take on the case? Why not recuse herself, knowing what's at stake. I'm surprised Moira's Lawyer didn't manage to get Laurel of the case. And man, she went viciously after Moira. For someone who didn't want to do it, she gave it her best.

And that ending! :awesome:

[​IMG]

I'm so happy to see him back. We are going to get more glorious Black Archer action. I hope there will be another final battle, but with Ollie this time making sure that he'll stay dead. The reveal that Thea is his daughter wasn't that surprising though, because that's where my mind immediately went when they revealed that Moira had an affair with Malcolm.

#108 Nathan, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  9. herolee10 No More Miracles

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To be honest, i always thought that there was a little something more that existed between Malcom and Moira when I saw them in the latter half of Season 1. Especially in that scene where they were sharing a drink together and how Malcom was toasting to both her late husband and his late wife. There was a sense of past intimacy between them that I felt at that moment.

10. Joined:
    Nov 20, 2009
  11. Ultra Nolanite Registered

[​IMG]

Am I the only one that made this connection after todays episode ? Someone mentioned a guy looking like Sportsmaster in the next episode ? So I started thinking maybe this is what the CW is going for.

They change a couple of details here and there (like they've been doing) and I'm kinda finding it hard to unsee at this point.

12. DrRocket Registered

^ that I would be okay with :)

13. Nathan Registered

Anyone else hope that they'll be able to redeem the character of Count Vertigo? With powers starting to get introduced and the lame Buffy Vampire/Joker mix of Count Vertigo dead, bring on the real Count. Introduce him as Count Werner Zytle, and just never call him Vertigo. Maybe even try not to call him the Count as often.

[​IMG]

14. DrRocket Registered

^ personally I loved the count and its a bummer he dead but on the other hand Oliver killed again! Woohoo!

15. Nathan Registered

I cheered when he did get not just 1, but 3 arrows in his chest.

16. DrRocket Registered

Yeah Oliver certainly made sure this Time eh :)

17. Nathan Registered

He got 3 arrows in his chest and dropped out of the window. A Gargoyle breaking off the building and crashing into him, would have been the icing on the cake. :o

18. Ultra Nolanite Registered

hehe, that'd be nice. Especially if he was still somewhat alive when it happened.

19. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Count Vertigo in the new 52 comics is a good and ruthless villain while in the show he is a bad Joker/Scarecrow wannabe.

I don't get why Black Canary got her Canary scream device yet Count Vertigo can't get his Vertigo inducing device and just runs around injecting people :huh:

Seems a waste of one of the Green Arrow's top villains.

Nice little nod to Vertigo's home country of Vlatava when Felicity said he could be bouncing his signal from there.

I knew Felicity would get captured from the moment see said she would check out the van.

I like the twist with Thea. I knew Barrowman was still alive.

I wonder what Brother Bloods ultimate plan is?

I can't wait for Ollie to don his domino mask and slade to done his mask.

#119 chamber-music, Nov 21, 2013
  20. FVD Launder the Conscience

Wow, I kinda knew that Malcolm would still be alive and his affiliation with the LoA is a sure bet that the Lazarus Pit must indeed exist as well. And with the reveal that Thea is his daughter?! Well I kinda thought what if after learning of Moira's affair.

This has been a great Season thus far. And I love love love that Sara is Black Canary! Just makes the thought of Laurel becoming BC further than believable. Although her reference to wearing those fishnets at a party once... not important! ;)

21. Justin Registered

He was always coming back. It's comics. Noone ever really dies in the comics.

That being said, he's a fantastic character played by a fantastic actor, and will probably be the over-arching big bad of all the series, which is kinda right as he is the staple GA villain.

Good for Barrowman, good for us. What an ending.

22. Justin Registered

Lance connected Ollie to the hood after like 2 episodes.. Then Digg started running around in the hood costume while Lance was with Ollie, and Lance's bosses asked him to drop the case.

Lance then got demoted and the arrow has saved both his daughters, so Lance is just /care now.

He's a great detective. He figured out Sarah was the black canary in like 2 seconds.

23. Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

..... So.... I... DAYUM!!!

Now I get what Amell meant in the Facebook post about how his mother had sent him five texts during the episode... The last including an expletive LMAO!!!

I had no clue that Barrowman was going to come back in Real time (rather than a flashback as TPTB hinted at between seasons).... And Thea being his daughter???? Holy ****!

It was obvious that sooner or later Arrow would kill again, but I'm glad that they didn't flake out and make it a random killing, but actually use a proper life or death situation with someone he cares about.

24. Justin Registered

I'm hoping he'll come back too. Last season they made a few of their own villains and he was clearly the best one, besides mr. blank who died. Had some female partner who had links with the police too and there was a police insider, it all seems to have gotten dropped to make Ollie more the GA from the comics with GA villains, which seems to be a more favoured direction with viewers.

That being said, they can still bring him back and us people who were here from the beginning will remember him. This particular Cyrus was someone completely different though, unless they cut his hair off.

#124 Justin, Nov 21, 2013
  25. DrRocket Registered

^ I remember the Cyrus vanch episode quite well, Cyprus leaves prison, kidnapps laurel and then Oliver kill 20 or so men to rescue her :)