Arrow Arrow Season 3, Episode 19 "Broken Arrow" General Discussion

Really good episode, but At this point if Lance were to die I would have either no reaction or have a small moment of glee. Don't care at this point about Oliver not telling him about Sara, this is just flat out insane. I actually wanted Oliver to punch him out after that last line.

It won't happen and the rating may suffer if Felicity goes.......I want Cisco on the show so he could give more tech to Oliver to use.

Felicity has become such a bore this season. EVERY single time she shares a scene with Oliver, it's always about her saying that Oliver made his choice for them not to be together.

It's freaking irritating. I think I'm just going to skip every scene involving the two of them until she becomes fun to watch again.

And she's so overexposed. That likability factor about her is almost completely gone.

Good episode. Though just like on Flash when Cisco 'died' we all know it'll be undone by next episode. Though if there are consequences for doing that then it might be ok.

8/10

Damn that ending. That press release makes me think that Thea will become Ollie's new sidekick by the end of the season, and if not then at the start of S4.

Felicity has become such a bore this season. EVERY single time she shares a scene with Oliver, it's always about her saying that Oliver made his choice for them not to be together.

It's freaking irritating. I think I'm just going to skip every scene involving the two of them until she becomes fun to watch again.

And she's so overexposed. That likability factor about her is almost completely gone.

Seriously this.

"You sacrificed everything to be the Arrow... Even you and me. But... Whether or not you break Roy out of Iron Heights(...)"

It just had to be in there.

When it comes to girlfriend, Felicity is pretty bad at it for Ray.

I feel sorry for the likes of Eddie and Ray since they're in a relationship with two women who really don't know that they're gunning it in for the "worst girlfriend of the year" category.

Barbara, Iris, and Felicity are pretty terrible when it comes to the love department, that's for sure.
yes but these are the type relation ship writers love these days cause they're not as talented Stan lee or Roy Thomas to show all walk's of life with people that have normal relation ships it's ether pure sex or triangles with what's supposed buddies fighting (cause they want strain )over the same girl or guy (reverse for the women sides ) when they can easily find their own hot chick or man to stay with have another character to deal as challenge to their personal relation ship out side of their daily work , that won't screw the team over when have deal the main villain at the very moment .

no every one has to be a cheating hoe .

It is what it is . Like i said once for the time being

it's best not to become a attached to even the good relation ships with in these show or books cause there's always some one out there from the writers that will come to ruin it eventually. cause they do't like them or understand them would rather have some more shallow cause it doesn't fit what their own personal plans .

Take what you have from it but keep in mind it'll be ruined by someone soon . cause a good relation ship with out complication (the type the writers like not normal complications which make sense ) isn't interesting according to them . oh they find some to make ray a jerk him self if he get's a show of his own too by making him cheat o some one .

skipping this , Ok so we found out tonight there are other Meta's(besides Ra's who's listed as one by dc over not in show yet ) some how, yet we can't get Laurel to have a canary cry with out tech? weird. also ray showed his face to the guy they have locked up at star labs hmmm I'm not sure I like that at all .

they have to have memory wipe machine or ray to make under helmet mask and please

Don't be like Barry who keeps showing everyone who he is, be they friend or foe. which makes his "wear a mask" statement to Oliver pointless .

Beside that I'm headed back to Ray here I think Ray is a perfect fit with star Labs especially his relationship with Cisco I really want Ray to run star labs business side especially with what felicity will do & when he finds out.

Last edited:
Well on another note, I'm glad that the show actually had Oliver think about calling Barry for help in a situation like this, with Felicity giving a valid reason for why he couldn't be present.

It wouldn't hurt so much to make small references like this for future scenarios when all hell is about to break loose.

It's funny that we got two very Ray centric episodes back2back on different shows lol.

It's funny that we got two very Ray centric episodes back2back on different shows lol.
it was interesting especially buddy relation ship with Cisco as I said it'll make the transition with wells (reverse flash) the show down easy if they have ray take over star Labs hopefully. also he did help take pressure of barry for villa of the had keep up the dating relationship with Linda that would have helped Barry more since they (the writers) made sure they're version of Linda park was volatile(short fused) ready to dump you at the drop of a hat sheesh. she may have been fun but that part was off & weird

Last edited:
I want him in the live action titans show now more the ever though as one of the founders . But it's great to hear he'll be back

I don't know if I believe that Colton wanted to exit the series, unless he doesn't like to be tied down long term, I dont see him wanting to leave. 23 episode series gets you a nice yearly paycheck and he isn't exactly the biggest star.
Well from what I heard, the reason that he left Teen Wolf was because he didn't like that they weren't giving his character much to do, and we've all seen how much he's been in the background on Arrow, sooo.... we'll see.

As for my thoughts on the episode, good riddance Roy. :argh: Honestly I haven't been able to stand him ever since he first showed up in S1 so I'm not mad about this at all. I was actually a pretty annoyed when they did the cop-out and revealed that he'd actually survived, tbh.

I was glad to see more of Ray. I like him more and more every episode and honestly he might be my favorite character of the two shows.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO at that ending. :waa: I know she'll be back but it was still so painful to watch it happen to Thea. :waa:

:funny: I'm happy to see some consistency. I thought Flash had one of his best eps,and it got 8s & 7s. I think Arrow had one of it's weakest eps,and it's getting 9s & 10s.:sly:
I gave it a 7 BTW.

Well from what I heard, the reason that he left Teen Wolf was because he didn't like that they weren't giving his character much to do, and we've all seen how much he's been in the background on Arrow, sooo.... we'll see.

As for my thoughts on the episode, good riddance Roy. :argh: Honestly I haven't been able to stand him ever since he first showed up in S1 so I'm not mad about this at all. I was actually a pretty annoyed when they did the cop-out and revealed that he'd actually survived, tbh.

I was glad to see more of Ray. I like him more and more every episode and honestly he might be my favorite character of the two shows.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO at that ending. :waa: I know she'll be back but it was still so painful to watch it happen to Thea. :waa:
Well, Colton has a part in a movie called San Andreas with the Rock. so anything's possible I guess. Not sure how much I'll miss him here.

I may be about to give up on Arrow. The writing has been really sub-par this season. The overall arch is good as far as an interesting story outline goes but the episodes and the dialog are really lacking imo. For every cool thing that happens it seems we have 4 or 5 cringe worthy moments where I'm almost embarrassed for them.

Last edited:
Best episode in a while.

Writers need to drop Ollicity asap. Bad enough that I some people have to deal with wishy-washy women in real life. Don't want that crap in my weekly 45 minute escape from reality too. Ray's a good dude. Let the nice guy finish first for once, k thnx?

The Oliver/Laurel relationship is sufficiently destroyed. Time to start rebuilding. Slowly. With solid friendship first. And little to no melodrama...

Every time they do something interesting with Roy he gets put on a bus or hulks out and is temporarily off the team. Roy has really grown on me as a character this season even though he's been mostly in the background. I hope Haynes sticks around for season 4 or at least continues being part of the universe in a Teen Titans spin-off.

Dat ending... So Thea is on her way to becoming Speedy and Oliver Heir to the Demon? I really like Ra's in this series. Hopefully he reveals to Oliver that he 'killed' Thea with every intention of reviving her in exchange for his apprenticeship.

I love to hate Lance. Blackthorne does a great lawful-neutral antagonist.

Overall 8/10

I really liked this episode, a return to form in my opinion. The flashback was solid for once, the main story was great, all in all a big thumbs up from me.

Olicity still annoys me, but it was brief and more or less ignorable.

In fairness, the Flash episode was supposed to air alongside the previous Arrow episode. It was CW messing up the scheduling that gave us this.

Ra's you bastard! :argh:.......Ahem, just as well I know Thea lives and now she is gonna get dipped in the Lazarus Pit, it'll be interesting to see what affect that has on her.

"You know there's a good chance you two are related, right? :nrv:" I loved that line from Oliver lol, it went nicely with Caitlin's "There's two of them!" line from The Flash. :D

Good episode, some nice moments between Ollie and Felicity and Ollie and Ray as well as Digg's big speech and Laurel putting her father in his place as he goes further down the drain as a complete bitter, illogical dick.

I loved Ray's Rocky-esque comeback in the big fight at end, I was so glad it happened as I could almost taste the tears in here that Ollie was going to have to win his fight for him by literally controlling his body. :lmao:

Roy's seemingly final arc was nicely played, I loved the twist that Digg, Roy and Felicity had gotten Ollie out of a jam with a plan of their own and that he accepted it with thanks, it's just a shame if he's gone for good IMO.

It might not have been on the "We dug Coal together" level but the scene in the prison between Roy and Thea was really understated and a nice finale for them if he doens't return

Excellent episode. I loved it. It was funny when Oliver rolled his eyes at Ray. They really fooled me when I heard that Roy died. I thought that Oliver would join the LOA in exchange for access to the Lazarus pit to bring Roy back, so it was a nice twist to see him still alive. I did not expect Ra's to kill Thea. I thought he was just going to capture her and say that he will kill her if Oliver does not join. The way he toyed with her a bit in the fight and kept allowing her to fight back reinforced my belief in that so I was quite surprised when he killed her. Great ending and I did not see that coming. Ra's has been a great villain so far and I cannot wait to see how this whole thing plays out. I can only guess that Oliver will be able to bring her back using the pits in exchange for joining the LOA.

Just seen the promo for next week,
so yes, they are going to put Thea in the pits

Also, it showed
Sara
in the promo.
I do not think that she will be brought back next week. I think it is just a flashback to when the LOA first came across Sara. She was probably in bad shape and would have died had they not put her in the pit. When it showed her in costume in the promo it was probably her at the beginning of her becoming The Canary and an assassin for the LOA.

Last edited:
Since Roy is basically supposed to be dead, hopefully Amanda will ustilize him like she did Ollie in Hong Kong.

Just seen the promo for next week,
so yes, they are going to put Thea in the pits

Also, it showed
Sara
in the promo also.
I do not think that she will be brought back next week. I think it is just a flashback to when the LOA first came across Sara. She was probably in bad shape and would have died had they not put her in the pit. When it showed her in costume in the promo it was probably her at the beginning of her becoming The Canary and an assassin for the LOA.

I think she does come back next week. If you watch the extended promo and pause at 0:17 you can see the back of a girl with blonde hair standing in the chamber with Ra's and all of his men just before Thea is placed in the Lazarus Pit and it definitely looks like Sara.

Edit: I've capped a pic of it

9vUp1wj.jpg

I think she does come back next week. If you watch the extended promo and pause at 0:17 you can see the back of a girl with blonde hair standing in the chamber with Ra's and all of his men just before Thea is placed in the Lazarus Pit and it definitely looks like Sara.

Edit: I've capped a pic of it

9vUp1wj.jpg

[YT]rfh4Mhp-a6U[/YT]

holy **** you're right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"