Arrow Arrow Season 3, Episode 19 "Broken Arrow" General Discussion

[YT]rfh4Mhp-a6U[/YT]

holy **** you're right.

It's Felicity

untitled.jpg

You can also see Diggle in that same screen capture

Great episode. This is how you write an episode for other characters without the presence of arrow taking all the glory. It's like they hired new writers and fired the old writers earlier in the season.

Why do people think Roy is gonna pop up on that Titans show? That's going to be its own thing.

Ridiculous death fakeout: the TV show.

Man I hope season 4 comes back better.

Why do people think Roy is gonna pop up on that Titans show? That's going to be its own thing.

Nobody has said that it will or won't be.

But TNT is owned by Warner, the same parent company that owns DC Comics and half of the CW network.

There is definitely a possibility that it will be in the same universe. It's not a sure thing but it wouldn't surprise me either. Same with Supergirl on CBS.

:funny: I'm happy to see some consistency. I thought Flash had one of his best eps,and it got 8s & 7s. I think Arrow had one of it's weakest eps,and it's getting 9s & 10s.:sly:
I gave it a 7 BTW.

Really? The last Flash episode was one of the worst of the season: another lame villain of the weak, the whole Eddie-Iris thing was awful, Iris being worse than ever, etc. While Arrow had one of its best episodes with a couple of surprises included.
But seeing how you think The Flash is better than Daredevil, when most fans think the opposite... And I agree, Daredevil has better acting, writing, action, cinematography... is what Arrow should be and could be with better writers, but is never going to happen being a CW show.

Wtf is this ****?!!! Roy is gone?! All this time I was hoping that the sidekick will finally become more important than fricken discount Oracle and discount Alfred. Instead they give Felicity even more screentime and Diggle continues to have no purpose. Says so much about the future of the show tbh.
Coupled with awful dialogue(fight back Ray, lmao) and Amell's stiff acting(will he ever learn to gesticulate?) it's like they want me to drop this show.

Wtf is this ****?!!! Roy is gone?! All this time I was hoping that the sidekick will finally become more important than fricken discount Oracle and discount Alfred. Instead they give Felicity even more screentime and Diggle continues to have no purpose. Says so much about the future of the show tbh.
Coupled with awful dialogue(fight back Ray, lmao) and Amell's stiff acting(will he ever learn to gesticulate?) it's like they want me to drop this show.

That was pretty much my reaction as well.
The thing about Amell (and I love the guy to death) is he's only as good as what he's given to work with.He's really not the guy to elevate bad material. I think we've been seeing season 1 level acting here for the most part,because this season has been more up and down like season one. Last season he was much stronger,given the better material he had to work with.

Really? The last Flash episode was one of the worst of the season: another lame villain of the weak, the whole Eddie-Iris thing was awful, Iris being worse than ever, etc. While Arrow had one of its best episodes with a couple of surprises included.
But seeing how you think The Flash is better than Daredevil, when most fans think the opposite... And I agree, Daredevil has better acting, writing, action, cinematography... is what Arrow should be and could be with better writers, but is never going to happen being a CW show.

In your opinion.

And when is Iris ever not awful? :oldrazz:

Best episode in some time. The fight scenes were pretty neat especially with Roy in the prison. It's hilarious that the writers make the character strong or week whenever they feel like it. There really isn't any consistency there. And the ending was OMG!

Not a bad episode. There was just something...weird about it. The Ray bits felt a little out of place, and the Olicity nonsense was precisely that, but everything else was fine. The actors should all be proud of themselves. 7/10.

Any gifs of Ras' al GHul from this episode?

I realize it wouldn't have fit the ongoing plot, but I think it was a missed opportunity to not have Ollie take on Deathbolt. The guy was a metahuman opponent almost perfectly designed to be a tough-but-winnable fight for Ollie: too powerful to take in a direct confrontation, too durable for cheap shots, but not particularly fast or skilled, and tied to an achilles heel that could be manipulated ( his dependence on an energy charge ). Have the Arrow draw him onto good ground, shut down the local power, provoke him into wasting energy attacking a ghost, then put some arrows in his legs after his charges drops enough to be hurt.

Instead, we got more of Ray being the most incompetent superhero ever, more or less because the plot demands it. Sigh.

I realize it wouldn't have fit the ongoing plot, but I think it was a missed opportunity to not have Ollie take on Deathbolt. The guy was a metahuman opponent almost perfectly designed to be a tough-but-winnable fight for Ollie: too powerful to take in a direct confrontation, too durable for cheap shots, but not particularly fast or skilled, and tied to an achilles heel that could be manipulated ( his dependence on an energy charge ). Have the Arrow draw him onto good ground, shut down the local power, provoke him into wasting energy attacking a ghost, then put some arrows in his legs after his charges drops enough to be hurt.

Instead, we got more of Ray being the most incompetent superhero ever, more or less because the plot demands it. Sigh.

yeah well they said the cop's are watching Oliver specially he's under surveillance. there was no way he could /would have taken on death bolt like you wanted it to happen.
That would involve another decoy for the cops. Ether way he couldn't do it the cops made up their minds to hunt Oliver down once he has a suit or has a bow & arrow . yeah this is the only time the police force useful sadly.

Ray needs martial arts lessons his original is a Judo master in the books

Last edited:
I wondering if this episode is implying that there can be metahumans independent of the particle accelerator incident or the effects of the particle accelerator that created metahumans in Central City are spreading and creating metahumans outside of Central City.

I've another thought that's been simmering since The Flash episode 6 ("The Flash Is Born"). Joe is questioning Wells over drinks and speculates that if there were metahumans at the time of Momma Allen's murder, then there must have been a second particle accelerator predating the one that everyone knows about. Despite what we've learned since then, especially regarding the killer, it is interesting to note that Wells significantly hesitates at Joe's question, and seems to try to compose an answer, eventually suggesting it was impossible.

As soon as I heard Cisco's comment on Arrow, I was immediately drawn back to Well's dodge regarding a 2nd particle accelerator comment.

As with last week, although I really liked some of the elements of this episode, the overall execution, particularly the characterisation, left me confused.

The flashbacks continue to bore me. They have an extremely tenuous connection to the present day events and it seems like we're getting the same old Oliver, Maseo and Tatsu are in danger and must do something about it each and every time. If someone edited all of the flashbacks from this season together, I think it would be the most repetitive, anti-climatic and boring storyline! Even now with the supposed threat of the death of everyone in Hong Kong, we *know* that Oliver must somehow save the day, otherwise the death of millions of people in Hong Kong would have surely been raised by someone on Arrow or The Flash by now.

Although I understand Ra's current motivation for killing Thea (i.e. to force Oliver to beg to use the Lazarus Pit in exchange for becoming Ra's heir), I still don't understand why Ra's sent DJ Assassin to monitor and kill Thea way back when. I also still don't believe that Ra's unwillingly failed to kill Oliver during their duel. He stabbed Oliver twice and kicked him off the edge of a cliff. Did Ra's genuinely think that he "killed" Oliver? Does Ra's genuinely place so much faith in the "prophecy" that he would go to such great lengths to force Oliver to become his heir simply because of Oliver's miraculous survival?

Also, where was Malcolm when Ra's killed Thea? Wasn't Malcolm recovering at Thea's apartment? Wasn't the whole reason Oliver has gone to such great lengths to save Malcolm and to let him roam free instead of imprisoning him on the island so that Malcolm could protect Thea? Yet, Ra's is able to easily enter Thea's apartment and kill Thea without any interference by Malcolm. Maybe they'll address Malcolm being MIA next week, but given that all of this nonsense started because Ra's was hunting Malcolm, so Malcolm arranged for Thea to kill Sara, so that Oliver would kill Ra's to protect Thea (and also save Malcolm), his sudden disappearance was bizarre.

I'm also lost as to where Ray and Felicity are at. They were an awesome couple on The Flash this week, but on Arrow, Felicity was making googly eyes at Oliver while still being in a relationship with Ray. I wish the show would drop Olicity. It was amusing when Felicity (understandably) had a crush on her billionaire, superhero, stunningly good looking boss, but apart from previously having chemistry, the two characters really don't seem like a good match at all. Felicity and Barry would have made an awesome couple. And Felicity and Ray may for a decent couple who could grow together.

It was a shame to see Roy Harper leave, but they weren't treating the character (and by extension the actor) fairly with such a large cast. So, it will hopefully be better for the show in the long run.

I'm definitely interested to see how they handle the "Arrow" identity going forward. After being arrested for being the "Arrow" twice, surely Oliver is going to have to go to great lengths to establish a clear "secret identity" as Oliver Queen when the Arrow (or Green Arrow) returns to his vigilante activities. Will Oliver Queen run for mayor (since the position is open again)? Will Oliver Queen adopt a "playboy" lifestyle? Something needs to be done to permanently disconnect the two characters in the minds of the public in Starling City.

Even if the public believes that the "original" Arrow (i.e. Roy Harper) died in prison, the reappearance of a second "Arrow" (or "Green Arrow") will surely raise questions. And the circumstantial evidence against Oliver was compelling - his sister's boyfriend was the "Arrow". The Arrow Cave was underneath Verdant. Arrow reappears, but "Arsenal" is permanently MIA.

I enjoyed this quite a bit.

-Roy in prison was intense. I wish they dragged this out much longer.

-Loved seeing Lance and the police in the Arrow cave. Felt surreal.

-Deathbolt was cheesy, but the Atom looked great, and the Ray stuff was hilarious.

-The Roy fake-out was a little cheesy and anticlimactic. I liked his final scene though, and generally I like the relationship between Ollie and Roy (granted I don't know what it's like in the comics). Compared to like Batman & Robin or Bucky & Cap, I like how it's very...impersonal in a way. These guys aren't friends or anything, and I like how the show doesn't treat that like it's a problem. They're just partners who share the same goals, respect each other and got each other's backs. In that sense, I never really minded that Roy didn't have much drama going on; he was just another guy helping out. The handshake was appropriate. That being said, I understand there's a lot of potential with the character that's yet to be explored, so in that sense I guess I'm glad he didn't die.

-I still would have liked it if the world knows for certain that the Arrow is Oliver Queen, switching up the status quo, though I guess they're still doing that in a different way with the Arrow being 'dead'.

-Thea's death was unexpected and awesome. Very stoked to see what this leads to. Maybe this brings Roy back? I hope Ra's chops his arm off though, just so they can give him the robotic arm (and a less cheeseball costume as well) since I never quite bought Roy in this show as a guy who can handle himself with arrows.

Last edited:
Another good episode. Thea visiting Roy in prison is how you do good human relationship drama.

Deathbolt was a tonne of fun and I absolutely loved the reveal that metas existed before the Accelerator incident. Opens some very interesting ideas up.

Can't wait for Ray to head on over to his spin off so he doesn't get dragged down by the Olicity nonsense.

The flashbacks continue to bore me. They have an extremely tenuous connection to the present day events and it seems like we're getting the same old Oliver, Maseo and Tatsu are in danger and must do something about it each and every time. If someone edited all of the flashbacks from this season together, I think it would be the most repetitive, anti-climatic and boring storyline! Even now with the supposed threat of the death of everyone in Hong Kong, we *know* that Oliver must somehow save the day, otherwise the death of millions of people in Hong Kong would have surely been raised by someone on Arrow or The Flash by now.

Right, but I think it should be obvious by now that it's somehow connected to people like Deathbolt.

Roy, sweet marshmallow, I'll miss you, you were too good for the Arrow world...

Good episode, Arrow is getting back into shape for the finale. This episode was made to set up the finale, so is understandable if some people didn't enjoy it much, but I liked it.

The villain of the week was kinda lame, well, the character wasn't lame per se, his powers were dangerous and he was ruthless, the way he was defeated was lame.Yes, he is Ray's first villain and he doesn't have any experience, but maybe put him against someone who doesn't look that promising. However, he has oficially introduced superpowers in the show, and for that I'm grateful (by superpowers I mean powers not related in any way to mirakuru or particle accelerator explosions).

And wow, that ending. Nice foreshadowing via Malcom, guess the price for a bath in one of those Lazarus pits is becoming Ra's heir. Poor Oliver, when he thought he was in a better situation, Ra's goes straight for his heart...

While this season has been comparatively weak compared to the others, one thing I have really come to like about it is Ra's. The guy has managed to both physically and mentally destroy Oliver to the point of defeat. He does not care about destroying Starling City ala Slade and Merlyn. He just wants an heir; and Oliver is the guy he has in mind. Ra's managed to turn the entirety of Starling City against Ollie; almost brought him to the edge of death and also managed to destroy his sister's life so that Ollie would have no choice but to accept his offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"