Arrow Arrow Season 3, Episode 6 "Guilty" General Discussion

I know some people hate the theory but it gets more plausible by the week

Thea did it.

Sara knew who it was
The voice that said "Hello Sara" is female. (and has a similar tone as Thea)
Sara was tracking Merlyn
That talk between Thea and Merlyn after Nyssa kidnapped Thea
Similar height to Roy
Velocity of the arrow. What if Felicity has it wrong and it was shot from a bow. A bow of someone who has been established since Season 1 as a trophy winning archer. Also maybe Felicity isn't taking into consider that it could be a female that shot the arrows which obviously would be less in velocity than a male shooting it.

can someone confirm where Cupid was I must have miss it. Will rewatch the episode

I know it's just a nitpick,but my pet peeve is this: In those sparring scenes with Ted/Laurel,why isn't either wearing a sparring helmet? Do they just promise to not hit each other in the face,or do they both want to get hit in the face? (maybe because Ted can take it and Laurel wants to learn how to take a punch in the face?)

Except that Roy WASN'T like "every other criminal." He was supped up on Mirakuru against his will and they know that it messes with your mental state. And Diggle was just fine with working with Oliver when he was basically the Punisher back in season 1. So I actually didn't like that exchange.

Amell said Diggle was "playing Devil's Advocate." but he himself didn't seem convinced. I think it was a case of them wanting somebody to put that point of view across,but having no idea who should be the sounding board for it. Diggle drew the short straw.

I liked it. Good episode.
It was nice seeing Roy get some focus and especially to help build up the Oliver/Roy partnership.
The parallel to Wildcat and his partner was a nice touch that wasn't too heavy handed.

I got the sense that they were going with the Roy not really remembering right outcome early on with Oliver's flashback. Plus how he confessed to killing her without much from Felicity told me it would change by the end.

I liked the part where Laurel told Oliver that she wasn't on his team and doesn't work for him.

Loved the Boxing glove arrow.

Roy successfully pulled off an attack flip.

Can't wait to see Ted 'Wildcat' Grant suit up again.

My crazy theory of the week. What if Katana killed Laurel as revenge against Ollie for getting her husband and son killed?

The Cupid line wasn't bad and fits with her crazy personality. My only is the annoying thing of waiting too long to respond when another actor says a line. The not responding like you would in a normal conversation used to bug the hell out of me on Smallville. I don't know if they just edit some of these shows poorly or there was a space for a commercial break for some reason but it is annoying for me when they do that..

Thea did it.

Sara knew who it was
Sara was tracking Merlyn
Similar height to Roy
Velocity of the arrow. What if Felicity has it wrong and it was shot from a bow. A bow of someone who has been established since Season 1 as a trophy winning archer. Also maybe Felicity isn't taking into consider that it could be a female that shot the arrows which obviously would be less in velocity than a male shooting it.

:up:

It was nice to see Roy's flip serve a purpose. That moment with Nyssa is still hilarious though.

Well at least this time it was a jump-spin DIRECTLY into a kick. It wasn't him just randomly flipping off of a car for no reason. Also Captain America used a similar type of move to finish off Batroc the Leaper in TWS.

I know nothing about Cupid, but why did she (supposedly) kill Wildcat's old partner?Is there no other reason than,"She's crazy"?

She's an insane,murdering fangirl of arrow.....hawt as fuuuu:woot:

Last edited:
As somebody who has very little knowledge of arrow in the comics and his supporting characters, that last line was laughably bad. Beyond that, It was a solid episode. The diggle exchange was indeed weird and didn't seem to fit the character or circumstance.

upnzem.gif

Thea did it.

Sara knew who it was
Sara was tracking Merlyn
Similar height to Roy
Ugh...I really hope it doesn't turn out to be her. She wants to become stronger, not turn into a killer.

I know it's just a nitpick,but my pet peeve is this: In those sparring scenes with Ted/Laurel,why isn't either wearing a sparring helmet? Do they just promise to not hit each other in the face,or do they both want to get hit in the face? (maybe because Ted can take it and Laurel wants to learn how to take a punch in the face?)
From my own experience with Muay Thai, we don't wear head gear or extra pads unless we go full sparring. When we train with pads or glove versus glove, one guy acts as the coach (Grant) and the other is doing combos with the coach throwing out light taps to head, body, or kicks. It didn't seem out of the ordinary.

Thea did it.

Sara knew who it was
Sara was tracking Merlyn
Similar height to Roy

I'm startin to think that too. I'm not entirely convinced, because I don't think Malcolm corrupted her that much, but it's plausible.

There's a huge problem with the writing of this show, the hypocrisy of Oliver is becoming intolerable. He had no freaking right to judge Ted Grant like he did, Oliver has murdered too many people to take any moral high ground on the matter. Also, the parallels between Ted’s relationship with former sidekick Isaac Stanzler and Oliver and Roy, were too on the nose and very poorly written. The action was better than last week though, the boxing glove was cool and well done, but like I said, the inconsistent writing is the show's main problem, along with some mediocre casting choices (Ted Grant, etc.).

And the reviews for the episode are not very bright either:

C+ http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/arrow-guilty-211791

5.7 http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/11/13/arrow-guilty-review

http://screenrant.com/arrow-season-3-episode-6-guilty-reviews/

I like that Oliver is a hypocrite. It makes him very flawed, and it's been a consistent character trait since the beginning of the series.

I agree with pretty much everything else you wrote, but I'm a bit more tolerant of those specific flaws/choices.

There's a huge problem with the writing of this show, the hypocrisy of Oliver is becoming intolerable. He had no freaking right to judge Ted Grant like he did, Oliver has murdered too many people to take any moral high ground on the matter. Also, the parallels between Ted’s relationship with former sidekick Isaac Stanzler and Oliver and Roy, were too on the nose and very poorly written. The action was better than last week though, the boxing glove was cool and well done, but like I said, the inconsistent writing is the show's main problem, along with some mediocre casting choices (Ted Grant, etc.).

And the reviews for the episode are not very bright either:

C+ http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/arrow-guilty-211791

5.7 http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/11/13/arrow-guilty-review

http://screenrant.com/arrow-season-3-episode-6-guilty-reviews/
I was going to comment on the reviews, because a lot of people have said this was the best of the season, and I somewhat agree, but most sites list it as the worst.

As for Oliver, I agree with the Boy Scout, it's nice to see him have some flaws, whether its bad writing or not. He's not Superman, he isn't related to perfect morals. He's opinionated and sometimes illogical but sometimes it's helpful like it was with Roy and other times its wrong like with Laurel and Ted.

How he acted with Laurel and Ted, that seemed to come from jealousy. He either thought something romantic was happening and Laurel was covering for him out of love, but then he didn't want her seeing him because he didn't want her helping him, and it was great to see Laurel stand up to him, as well as Diggle. He's the leader but not a dictator and his team holds him in check at times.

Every time Ollie is an hypocrite, someone should recall all his murders and lies, that would be much better than taking his crap and create some good natural conflict.

People are hypocrites all the time so i wouldn't expect any less from Ollie as long as someone calls him out on it.

It would have been funny if the arrow had gone through the glove and pierced Grants head. Ollie could have been suprised like "Huh, I really thought that was gonna work". :woot:

Why was Oliver on his high horse about Grant killing a person 6 years ago when during the whole first season Oliver racked up quite the body count?

It was just an issue I had with this episode that was an otherwise good episode.

-R

13F9Quz.jpg

No hypocrisy here.

I can understand why some may like it as a character trait, but in this particular case I just found it annoying.

I didn't think it was hypocrisy because I thought (and granted,I've only seen it the one time) Ollie was saying since Ted "killed" the drug dealer 6 years ago,he was probably the guy that did the other killings.That's why he couldn't get off his case about the killing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"