Arrow ARROW Season 4, Episode 3 "Restoration

I see what you guys are saying.

I dont wanna jinx anything,but so far this season is 3 for 3. The tone, the pace, the momentum, the new team dynamic, Damien Dahrk. Everything is a big step up from season 3. I'm actually finding myself engrossed in the show again, I'm looking forward to these new episodes more than The Flash which was the opposite last year.

I liked the episode, but not so much as last episode. I was really engaged in Digle's story and the tension between Laurel, Nyssa and Thea regarding Sara, so I think they should've split this in two episodes to develop it more. But regardless it was a nice episode. Nyssa is becoming my favorite, I really liked the fact that she destroyed the Pit so it gives a sense of now the deaths will really be for real but we got Sara back before it AND now Nyssa really does have a chance to off Merlyn (like Barrowman, but his character not so much anymore).

Glad Quentin isn't gonna be kept in the dark.

I'm officially back on board with this show after last year's shakiness. Liked the villain of the week, liking Darhk (is that where the 'H' goes?). I hope they keep defining his power in little scenes like these so that once we finally see a big fight we actually know his limitations, even if Team Arrow don't.

The dialogue when Felicity speechified Ollie/Dig sounded weird (writing rather than EBR, I think), otherwise no issues.

Malcolm feels a lot more right now than last year, though we'll see if it lasts. I liked that the start of his story had him sparring with Nyssa like it was no big deal, but once the safety net of the Pit was destroyed the old coward returned. I reckon Nyssa might beat him if they fought again, since his biggest weakness has always been his fear, something Nyssa doesn't have.

I feel like Laurel being bull-headed and not listening to advice is totally in character for her. She has a history of this kind of thing, so as much as it was a dumb decision and I can chastise the character, I'm on board with the writing and that's what matters.

I gotta say the fallout from the resurrection of Sara is a big one but I like the dramatic tension it's built. Sara looked like to me at least like she wanted to rip Thea's head off.

I was actually mulling that over because Sara's behaviour was bothering me, and I think I may have spotted what they are doing. Sara didn't go straight for Thea, she went for Merlyn/Nyssa (it wasn't clear which) first, but then diverted to Thea. When Thea came out she went after Ra's (if I remember correctly). It looks like Merlyn's comment about needing to kill your killer was not only accurate but an instinctive behaviour.

Then the possibility of Nyssa turning into an enemy of Laurel is interesting if it's played out right. Laurel as the Black Canary as of yet hasn't really developed arch nemesis and Nyssa also being her teacher makes it a pretty good one if it ever comes to that.

I feel like if Sara gets better, Nyssa would lay off of Laurel.

My personal guess is that Constantine will set up some shenanigans to bypass Sara's need to kill Thea, her killer, (maybe by somehow tricking the curse into thinking that Sara did kill her) however the same cure won't be doable with Thea because Ra's is gone, so while Sara will be saved, Thea will be dealing with the bloodlust for half if not all the season.

enjoyed this episode too enjoyed all actions scenes love it how Nyssa still refers Tea has her sister in law

Felicity just shooting that gun while not even looking cracks me up everytime I see it. That woman with a firearm like that is DANGEROUS

Lol I can't at Malcolm feeding Thea's thirst for blood. Is he just going to keep sending his men for her to slaughter? "Hey honey, here's your dinner!" lol.

They are doing a good job on the Oliver/Diggle front and Thea's storyline, but REALLY half-assing it on the Laurel/Sara front. They aren't putting nearly as much thought into it as they should be doing. Instead of allowing us into Laurels head and see her go through the motions of whether or not to bring back Sara, they just give us like 2 scenes.

Really? Just because he doesn't want Thea to be mad at him, he gives into Laurels wishes? Even after all of this, and Laurel seeing Thea just now should have her change her mind.

If the hide out is this easy to find, I can't imagine why no one from that company wouldn't have found it by now, or at least a janitor.

yeah that thing with Malcolm was weird. but at least he admitted that there ain't no cure for the pit. like I've been saying the only down side is thea isn't showing sign's of the enhanced strengths or agility which are the benifit 's of the pit but only to the person that was in it .

Cause once they have the Eroding sense of right and wrong the people that put them in there should regret what they did with those reminders that's benefiting the person that dipped in the pit which what the enhanced human strength and agility was about.

they did the same weird thing with sara as when it was done to thea when came out of the pit I want some league members dead

so that those foolish enough not to heed the warning see what a mistake they have made from the start other wise it doesn't sink in properly with people like Oliver and Laural

seriously Nyssa even said it was terrible idea and it still didn't register with Laural . well fools learn by experience maybe if both thea and sara be the enhanced meta strength and agility from the pit and they smack both Oliver and Laural around they would get some sense into those skull's of theirs.

well beside this I like what I saw in mister terrific's labs. but really he got into the lair 2.0 too easy as well by just running down stair's? wow I can only give props to Thomas wayne on the security he had in his hidden in Wayne manner in Gotham . he puts everyone else on dc tv to shame when it come to security. Every one

Last edited:
I was actually mulling that over because Sara's behaviour was bothering me, and I think I may have spotted what they are doing. Sara didn't go straight for Thea, she went for Merlyn/Nyssa (it wasn't clear which) first, but then diverted to Thea. When Thea came out she went after Ra's (if I remember correctly). It looks like Merlyn's comment about needing to kill your killer was not only accurate but an instinctive behaviour.

I feel like if Sara gets better, Nyssa would lay off of Laurel.

My personal guess is that Constantine will set up some shenanigans to bypass Sara's need to kill Thea, her killer, (maybe by somehow tricking the curse into thinking that Sara did kill her) however the same cure won't be doable with Thea because Ra's is gone, so while Sara will be saved, Thea will be dealing with the bloodlust for half if not all the season.

You might be right about that, but I still think it would be interesting turn for Nyssa to go all blood feud on Laurel.

I have to say I really liked the actual rising motion they used in this episode rather than the sudden pop up style from the LoT trailer. The slow and methodical rise really made Sara come off like a real demon and looked like a scene straight out of those classic religious horror movies.

Plus it'd be really foolish on the writer's part to bring her back, only to immediately kill her off YET AGAIN!!
They've already done that once.

God bless you! God bless everyone in your life!

Awesome to have Sara back, looking forward to having the character back on a weekly basis again.

Here a theory.....John brother is alive and working with HIVE.....the ghost should have finish Diggle off but didn't it likely Andy because why would he walk away and kill the person going after them?

oh that cell phone texT felicity got while talking to terrific in his lab when he was fixing things after double down's attack. I know it's from Ray and it'll lead to her to start to search for way to bring him back from shrinking. she may pick up a few messages like it.

Siiiigh.... So I went from hating Laurel, to being just completely apathetic, back to hating her again. Goddamn woman, how many more hints do you need that you completely ****ed up?

On the other hand, what's there to lose? Sara was gone. Now she's still gone? I mean, it's not like she's more dead than before. At least now there's a hope to cure her, even if that hope seems slim.

Yes, she's still gone. But before she was 6 feet under. Now her family has to deal with a revived body, that tries to kill anybody who goes near her. And there wouldn't even be any hope to cure her, if it weren't for Ollie knowing Constantine. Not knowing that someone like Constantine exists, the only option for Laurel and Quentin right now, is to put "Sara" out of her misery. Once again, Laurel's only purpose on the show is to cause as much unnecessary drama as possible.

if it weren't for Ollie knowing Constantine. Not knowing that someone like Constantine exists, the only option for Laurel and Quentin right now, is to put "Sara" out of her misery. Once again, Laurel's only purpose on the show is to cause as much unnecessary drama as possible.

image.png

all that matters to me is that my waifu ,SARA is back.

tumblr_njuxk7NnWj1r89388o2_400.gif

second point : anyone else notice that Nyssa only hit the jacuuzi ? ? the actual source ( READ AS THE BACKDROP WHERE THE WATER IS COMING FROM ) was not smoking ?? so this is prob a distraction to see how well malcom is paying attention. ( the realy hottub is not destroyed only the container)

lastly the whole years in hell thing ,im kina over it O____________o
so it really doesnt bother me ,all im hoping for is him getting into a fist fight with WALLER eventually , cus all them years of unnessary bullcrap has to have eaten away at him :woot: and turned into a case of NECESSARY BUTTWHUP

Last edited:
Eh, I think you guys are being harsh on Laurel. Its her sister. Her death damn near destroyed her family last season, she learned theres a possibility of bringing her sister back to life and restoring peace to her and father and shes taking the chance. It's something any of us would at least contemplate doing to a lost loved one.

I agree. In terms of scene construction (never Arrow’s strong suit :word:) it was rather awkward that Merlyn at first adamantly refused the resurrection scheme - and then capitulated so quickly. But I had no problem at all with Laurel’s motivations.

I also have no problem with her motivations. A loved one is dead, you discover a way to bring them back, of course you'd want to try. But after everything she's seen, she should have made the hard decision to let her sister rest. Nyssa has first hand experience with the Pit. If she says she wouldn't wish such a fate on her worst enemy, yet alone her beloved, that should make you think. But Laurel's entire counter argument is pretty much "I don't care."

Oh, and I just realized I hate the writers even more after this Episode. Not because of the whole Laurel nonsense, but because of a little detail they added to the Pits effects. So in order to get rid of your blood lust, you need to kill the person who killed you. Why again wasn't Ollie thrown into the Pit in Season 3?

So, uh, when Dean Winchester does it it's brotherly and sweet and possibly slash-y, but when Laurel does it, we all jump to her throat?

Anyway, solid episode. I dug the OTA thing, I hope we get to see more of them like this.

I also have no problem with her motivations. A loved one is dead, you discover a way to bring them back, of course you'd want to try. But after everything she's seen, she should have made the hard decision to let her sister rest. Nyssa has first hand experience with the Pit. If she says she wouldn't wish such a fate on her worst enemy, yet alone her beloved, that should make you think. But Laurel's entire counter argument is pretty much "I don't care."

Well… the Arrow producers wrote themselves into a corner (as they often do ;)) by killing off Sara and then deciding that she’d be a great addition to their spinoff series. Thus, the Pit represented an in-universe “do over.” But dramatically speaking, who’s the best character to spearhead this resurrection effort? Seems to me, you use someone who’s a) motivated by love and b) doesn’t fully understand (or care about) the potential risks. Laurel fits the bill.

“But after everything she’s seen…” But what has she seen? On the one hand, Laurel knows that Thea was saved by the supernatural Pit. (And whatever side effects Thea is experiencing, these seem preferable to being dead.) On the other hand, Laurel has assurances from a group of cutthroat assassins that - centuries ago - Pit resurrections ended badly. I.e., from Laurel’s POV, bringing her sister back to life is worth the possible costs.

I gotta say the fallout from the resurrection of Sara is a big one but I like the dramatic tension it's built. Sara looked like to me at least like she wanted to rip Thea's head off. Then the possibility of Nyssa turning into an enemy of Laurel is interesting if it's played out right. Laurel as the Black Canary as of yet hasn't really developed arch nemesis and Nyssa also being her teacher makes it a pretty good one if it ever comes to that.

Agreed. Black Canary vs Nyssa Al Ghul could be great. For a long time I have said that the likes of Roy, Laurel and Thea should have their own villains. Nyssa would make a great enemy for Laurel and what would be interesting about it is that it is not simply good vs evil or right vs wrong. Both of them would be fighting over someone they love dearly and over what they think is best for her and both of them have a point. I find both of their point of views understandable.

Laurel is just like Oliver. Both of them will do anything for their family and will go to great lengths to honour and protect them, be it lying to them to protect them from the painful truth while risking their relationship in the process (Oliver to his mother and Thea and Laurel to Quentin) or even if it means doing something as crazy and insane as putting on a mask and putting their life on the line every night to honour their family and protect the city. Both of them can be irrational when it comes to their families but both of them want what is best for their families. Oliver knew that there would be risks when he brought Thea back and that he might not be getting the same person back from the pit (after Malcolm told him this) but he didn't listen to anyone and was having none of it. He just wanted his sister who he loves so much and would do anything for back and Laurel is the exact same. Both believed that their sisters lives were unfairly taken (and for Laurel it was her sister being unfairly taken from her a second time). If Oliver was in Laurel's position last night he would have done the exact same thing. Lots of people in the real world would have done the exact same thing if they were in Oliver and Laurel's position, even if they knew the risks. Laurel is a flawed character just like Oliver and just like Oliver she is a good, interesting character because of it. Both of them make questionable or wrong decisions but both of them have their heart in the right place and want what's best for everyone, be it their family or friends.

I prefer a character like Laurel any day over a character like Felicity who just makes jokes and who almost always makes the right decision (apart from last season when she was made more emotional and people began to hate her for it). I should add that I like Felicity but I find characters like Oliver and Laurel much more interesting, even if I don't always agree with them. I am not sure if I would have done the same if I was in Oliver or Laurel's position but I find what they did to be understandable. While I like and enjoy characters that I can relate to and who I find to be similar to me, I also find characters that are not like me me and who react differently to me in certain situations to be interesting.

Last edited:
I mean, let's all be honest here, ever since the day where we heard that Caity Lotz was going to be a cast member in LoT, we knew that her resurrection was going to be a little forced. I don't think there was any avoiding that, but I think we can all agree the means justify the ends as long as Sara is back in the show. She should've never left in the first place and I think the producers obviously agree that they messed up.

I really wish we hadn't had known about all this months ago....

Anyway, I'm most interested in whether or not there's another Pit that Malcom can track down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"