Arrow Arrow Season 4 Episode 4- "Beyond Redemption"

herolee10

No More Miracles
Reaction score
5e6f6790-dcaf-0132-462e-0ebc4eccb42f.gif

Laurel (Katie Cassidy) must deal with the repercussions of taking Sara (guest star Caity Lotz) to Nanda Parbat. Meanwhile, Oliver (Stephen Amell) asks Captain Lance (Paul Blackthorne) for a favor and while he’s not surprised at the response, he is surprised at what he finds out next. Lexi Alexander directed the episode written by Beth Schwartz & Ben Sokolowski.

TRAILER- [YT]iZOpdq3JaMY[/YT]

Direct Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZOpdq3JaMY

New member, first time post. I love this show as well as The Flash. I have been watching these forums since last season and I just have one thing to say. I constantly see people bashing season 3, and I just do not get it. I haven't watched a single episode of this show that didn't have me engrossed and/or wondering just what was coming up next. To be fair I have never been a comic guy and have NO clue what is "supposed" to happen, so maybe that helps, but I am thrilled what the writers have done with this show! /endrant

Caity's shoulder and back muskles look purrty in pic 3 glad to have her back in the show it woulda been quite the surprise if I didn't know about LOT as I definitely thought S3 killed her for good.

So Laurel is now totally riding the crazy train. Keeping her recently resurrected sister chained up in some basement.

So Laurel is now totally riding the crazy train. Keeping her recently resurrected sister chained up in some basement.

Well she can't exactly just let her out of said basement.

Of course not. But it doesn't exactly make her look sane, when she keeps her sister chained up, some place in the dark. I'd really like to know what Laurel's longterm plan is here. Her best case scenario was that she'd get Sara back to her senses, and help her cope with the blood lust. But we know that isn't happening any time soon, since Sara's soul doesn't inhabit her body. And for the moment she also doesn't know about Constantine.

International Promo

[YT]1H2YXhHUSxM[/YT]

I cracked up at the change on Laurel's face when she's getting choked.

Great plan there. You just resurrected your sister, you're basically in uncharted territory, no one has any knowledge how someone resurrected from the dead will react, if they even get to their senses at all, and your plan is to keep your sister chained up and wait till she gets better. They couldn't write Laurel any worse if they tried to.

I can understand her wanting to give her sister a few days to see if she regains any semblance of who she was. She sees that Thea is normal for the most part so she thinks that Sara will come back. Just as long as she sees that Sara isn't getting better and goes to the group for help, it will make it a little bit better. But of course it will turn into another Laurel Lance needing Oliver to save her and help teach her a lesson.

With Sara already being dead, you'd think she wouldn't have rushed it. She's been dead for over 6 months, so what's one more week? Just think what she could have done in that week. Some proper research, reading old League texts, discovering that mysticism exists and then she could have tracked down Constantine beforehand. Like a proper plan. So she's hellbent on bringing her sister back, then she should have prepared for it. Not just wing it and then having to rely on others to solve her problem.

Lol she had to bring her back before Sara was needed to save the world. She didn't have time to research and do go the common sense route, the writers don't know how to write that.

I guess I just can buy into someone that watched their sibling die in front of them could easily get tunnel vision and be blind to things if they think there was a way to bring them back.

As for her being the one to search out Constantine. Ya they probably should have used this upcoming episode for her to find him. But Oliver knowing him doesn't really bother me.

Last edited:
It bothers me only in the sense that it's part of this trend of "the others cannot accomplish anything/do anything right without Oliver around to hold their hands" that the show keeps pushing, which is annoying. Of course OLIVER has to be the one who knows about Constantine, it'd have been better if Laurel found out about him and sought him out, imo.

And the common complaint about the Laurel thing, from what I've been seeing, is how over the top that the show made her idiocy. EVERY SINLGE person that she talked to told her that this was a bad idea, including Nyssa (who you'd thing would LOVE to have Sara back). And she knows about what happened with Thea. Yet, she did it anyway and they couldn't even give her a good response argument. Her response was essentially "I don't care, I'm doing it anyway." And predictably, it's blown up in her face, and I doubt that the show will call her out on it (they have a tendency to give Laurel a pass on things like this).

It bothers me only in the sense that it's part of this trend of "the others cannot accomplish anything/do anything right without Oliver around to hold their hands" that the show keeps pushing, which is annoying. Of course OLIVER has to be the one who knows about Constantine, it'd have been better if Laurel found out about him and sought him out, imo.

And the common complaint about the Laurel thing, from what I've been seeing, is how over the top that the show made her idiocy. EVERY SINLGE person that she talked to told her that this was a bad idea, including Nyssa (who you'd thing would LOVE to have Sara back). And she knows about what happened with Thea. Yet, she did it anyway and they couldn't even give her a good response argument. Her response was essentially "I don't care, I'm doing it anyway." And predictably, it's blown up in her face, and I doubt that the show will call her out on it (they have a tendency to give Laurel a pass on things like this).

Agree! STUPID STUPID STUPID

And Malcolm's actions were equally dumb. He was correct in the beginning, but then changed his mind out of guilt? Didn't he remember that he drugged Thea to kill Sara and allowing Laurel to bring her back could put is daughter in jeopardy? What a dumbass!

Man....you guys are being a little too harsh on her. This was the woman's sister, someone she knew longer than anyone who had been trying to dissuade her from using the Pit. It wasn't like she died from natural causes, or passed on in a peaceful manner, she was murdered in cold blood by someone who was mind controlled, and murdered just because someone wanted to use her death as a cheap chess move. Doesn't matter how many months passed, how many people told her this is a bad idea, if there's an opportunity to give her sister a second(third maybe?) chance at life it's completely reasonable why she'd do this WITHOUT thinking of the consequences given how unfairly she was killed in the first place. It's not only that she died that's motivating Laurel I don't think, but HOW she died.

Yeah, it might be stupid as hell, but I don't think that means she's being badly written as much as she's making a really risky decision based on faith. And ppl do stupid tings based on faith ALL THE TIME. She looks at Thea, probly thinks, "Hmm.....she's not TOO BAD after being brought back to life, maybe Sara won't be that bad either if I work with her for a while." I think there are cases for Laurel being badly written in every season of this show, I don't think this one is one of them.

But Thea wasn't brought back to life. She was brought back from the brink of death. Sara was gone for over half a year. The deceased haven't been brought back via the Pit in centuries. Maybe if her leap of faithed had paid off, and Sara's soul would have returned, we'd be less harsh on her. But no, she went against all warnings, and exactly what everyone feared would happen, did happen.

Now instead of Sara, we got some violent beast, which Laurel keeps chained up, and she is putting her father through hell, as he is forced to put his own daughter down.

Agree! STUPID STUPID STUPID

And Malcolm's actions were equally dumb. He was correct in the beginning, but then changed his mind out of guilt? Didn't he remember that he drugged Thea to kill Sara and allowing Laurel to bring her back could put is daughter in jeopardy? What a dumbass!

Well Malcolm's actions make more sense, at least in-context of what a deluded psychopath he is. He seemingly hasn't had a rational thought in his head since his wife died. And in his twisted mind, he DOES love his daughter he thinks and wants to be in her life. So I can buy him going "oh crap, she's mad at me again. I know, I'll help out her friends and she'll see that I'm not such a bad guy after all."

Also, if you’re going to do this writers, then at least give her a half-way decent rebuttal argument to the others. Don’t have her “response” essentially be the equivalent of sticking her fingers in her ears and going “lalalalala, I can’t hear you.”

But Thea wasn't brought back to life. She was brought back from the brink of death. Sara was gone for over half a year. The deceased haven't been brought back via the Pit in centuries. Maybe if her leap of faithed had paid off, and Sara's soul would have returned, we'd be less harsh on her. But no, she went against all warnings, and exactly what everyone feared would happen, did happen.

Now instead of Sara, we got some violent beast, which Laurel keeps chained up, and she is putting her father through hell, as he is forced to put his own daughter down.
Thea was dead. She got unhooked from life support, shipped to another country, and prepared for a ceremony. She couldn't have been alive.

God bless you! God bless your family and everyone else in your life!

I can already tell just by the preview that Wendy and Marc will continue to half-ash Laurel/Sara story. It is surprising that Laurel put her in the basement of her apartment only due to the fact that....does no one venture down there? But at least Laurel is taking the necessary precautions to keep Sara from harming anyone until she (as Laurel thinks) will come back to her old self, that is like the only minor part I can be ok with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"