Arrow Arrow Season 5 Episode 8: "Invasion"

It is a shame they couldn't get Manu back for this episode. He was probably busy. If there is anyone that deserves to be in the 100th episode it is him. 4 and a bit seasons in, and Slade is still regarded as the best villain. That says something, especially when you look at the quality villains the show has had, both in the present day, and on the island.

Even if Manu weren't busy, I doubt that he'd want to return after how they handled Slade's character.

They already fed Slade to Thea's character. Who knows on what they would do after that? They'd probably have Felicity emasculate him if he returned for a third time.

Even if Manu weren't busy, I doubt that he'd want to return after how they handled Slade's character.

They handled his character very well by making him into one of the best villains in the Flarrow-verse (Only Reverse-Flash is comparable) and one of the best villains in superhero live-action adaptions (there are not many that are better in the movies and shows). They also took plenty from the comics (mainly Wolfman's TT run) and put them into his character.

They already fed Slade to Thea's character.

This never happened at all. I do not know what you are talking about. Neither Oliver or Thea were able to beat Slade individually that episode. He was even getting the better of Oliver. In the end, it took both of them to take him down. Post a clip that proves otherwise.

They'd probably have Felicity emasculate him if he returned for a third time.

Felicity has never emasculated any villain on this show before, so I doubt it. I don't think she has emasculated anybody tbh. She is not the most interesting character and she made me cringe at times last season, but I do not remember her emasculating anybody.

If there was any failing in Slade's character it was that he couldn't get over his obsession with Shado, not that he lost to Thea. If they'd given him more motivation in his last appearance, if he'd just been over Oliver and wanted to get away just to get on with his life, I think people would've been more content.

Slade never lost to Thea. I agree about the motivation. They didn't even need to have Slade love Shado in a romantic manner. Him, Oliver and Shado were all very close. They lived together, they trained together, they fought together, they hunted together and they survived together. They saved each others lives too. They were a family. Slade wanting to avenge Shado, who he saw as a sister, would have been more believable than him loving her. He would have done the same for Oliver, who he saw as a brother, too, if he died. That is the way they should have done it, instead of having Slade in love with her.

Last edited:
I am guessing that in the Arrow part of the crossover Thea, Diggle, Sara, and Ray will go into the Dominators' ship and rescue Oliver from his alternate reality while Felicity gets the new Team Arrow to work with Flash and Supergirl. This is where Wild Dog will not get along with Supergirl and Flash.

*crosses fingers that Ragman gets to interact with Supergirl and Flash*

If there was any failing in Slade's character it was that he couldn't get over his obsession with Shado, not that he lost to Thea. If they'd given him more motivation in his last appearance, if he'd just been over Oliver and wanted to get away just to get on with his life, I think people would've been more content.

That was my biggest issue with his appearance in S3, Slade did not develop as a character at all in that episode, nor did his character even end up in a different situation at the end, at the end of the episode he was still bent on killing Oliver over Shado and locked up in a prison on a remote island, they made no attempt to do anything interesting with him in the episode.

I wonder who in the end of the crossover will get to be the hero. They will probably find a way for Oliver, Barry, Sara (maybe Ray too) and Kara to all play an equal part in the final attack and be the main heroes, rather than just one of them getting the most credit.

I think it will be Supergirl, Flash, Green Arrow, Diggle, and the Legends who will be the ones to be the main heroes.

I think it will be Supergirl, Flash, Green Arrow, Diggle, and the Legends who will be the ones to be the main heroes.

Not that I would mind, but why Diggle? I would be surprised (pleasantly) if he got to be one of the most important heroes. I think the Legends that will play the biggest part will be Sara and Ray. Perhaps, because it is their own show, more than those two will play a big part, but I would be surprised if it wasn't just just the main stars of each show (so Sara and/or Ray from LOT).

Last edited:
Not that I would mind, but why Diggle? I would be surprised (pleasantly) if he got to be one of the most important heroes. I think the Legends that will play the biggest part will be Sara and Ray. Perhaps, because it is their own show, more than those two will play a big part, but I would be surprised if it is just the main stars of each show (so Sara and/or Ray from LOT).

Diggle because he's in 3 out of 4 parts along with Oliver, Thea, and Felicity. Out of the Legends, I can agree about Ray and Sara since they're also in 3 parts as well and maybe Firestorm and Heatwave. Citizen Steel and Vixen are only in the Legends part of the crossover.

So the ones who do not crossover from their respective series are Iris West, Joe West, Wally West, Caitlin Snow I think, Curtis Holt, Wild Dog, Ragman, Artemis, Citizen Steel, Vixen, Alex Danvers, Winn Schott, Jimmy Olsen, and maybe Martian Manhunter unless they pull a surprise on us.

I hope this episode will be better than the Flash one. Hopefully it will not be as rushed and scenes will be allowed to breath and have the effect they are supposed to. It would be shame if the 100th episode was not as good as it could have been because of the crossover.

In Supergirl, the crossover took a backseat to its series plots. I'm concerned about Arrow as the same would happen as the crossover would take a backseat to the alternate reality stuff.

I have inadvertently pre-polled. But I expect that to remain the same!

Given how big of an episode this is for Arrow, I'm curious how much this episode will be devoted to Arrow itself in addition to continuing the crossover stuff.

Tonight will partially answer my "do L/O have better chemistry when they are actually happy with one another"

So unless it comes later, I'm surprised that Felicity didn't ask where Artemis is since she's not at the cave.

Those Archer scenes were shot badly IMO. They happened too fast. Like Flash, this episode seems to be rushed.

tumblr_ohh7lbF2Zw1rp74xfo5_500.gif

I need more! more! These two never got enough screentime together.

So Diggle-Arrow apparently just waits in the rafters and the alarm system is as far as Felicity's voice can travel.

Well, okay. I dunno why, but part of me hoped that we'd see some of this dream world in Season One form, when Lance had hair or the older Arrow cave. But then, that wouldn't make much sense.

I feel disbelieving Wilddog is less cool than disbelieving Diggle.

I hate Wild Dog so much, now we can add ignorant racist to the mix. I enjoyed that whooping he just got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"