Arrow To End With Season 8

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by NotNickFury, Mar 6, 2019.

1. jolldan

jolldan Registered

Will be missed

2. nightwing06

nightwing06 Registered

When they started the time jumps i knew this was coming

If Arrow is done Supergirl cant be to far behind....hopefully

3. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014 Champion

I am really behind on the Arrowverse. I started losing interest in the universe as a whole. I quite watching at Arrow S5. At that point, I felt like as I was watching Flash and Arrow especially, the shows were becoming tedious to watch and I didn't want to dedicate so much of my time binging/keeping up with shows I was not enjoying with the hope they will go back to being good. So, I can say I won't miss the show. Before I stopped watching, I found Arrow tedious to watch. Yeah, season 2 was great. But season 3 was not and season 4 was one of the hardest/most tedious seasons of any show I ever finished. I will maybe one day try to catch up on these shows, and honestly Arrow ending will make me more inclined to make some form of attempt to do so now that my back log on that show won't keep growing.

4. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

This isn't about ratings. This is about Amell wanting to move on.
    See, I thought it would be in a Supernatural situation. Going on until the star wants to move on. I believe the same situation holds for Supergirl and Flash.

5. Speed Force

Speed Force Battinson

Why? The only reason Arrow is done is because Amell wants to move on. Sure, Melissa may want to do the same soon, she deserves it, but it's likely LoT would be the next show to be canned

6. Pennywise

Pennywise Registered

S5- Great for the most part
    S6- Meh. Stopped mid season.
    S7- Mixed bag so far.

WhoMani likes this.
  7. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014 Champion

I think I was 5 episodes into season 5, and I just wasn't into it. Same for Flash's season (S3). Why I gave up on them. Flash angered me as I felt by that point I was just watching the same show again. S1 was great, S2 devolved into just being S1 again. As I started S3, I felt like the show revealed it was one trick and it was all it knew how to do.

8. Pennywise

Pennywise Registered

I definitely agree with you on everything you said about Flash.

S5 did get much better as the season went on, IMO, but there were some average episodes as with every show that has 23 episodes. Also, some of the characters and their decisions greatly annoyed me at times. One of the newest recruits of Team Arrow turns evil and works with the big bad. The motivation made me roll my eyes.

Spider-Fan likes this.
  9. Prison Mike

Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

I’m pretty happy with this decision. Now if only they would do the same for Supernatural...

Nicko-Ray likes this.
  10. shabadoo25

shabadoo25 Registered

The early seasons were very good and there have been decent arcs since. It's just hard to maintain a show like this that is so "one note."

11. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

These shows are far too formulaic at times. I've enjoyed the Arrowverse but I'm not blinded to the fact that most of these shows would of been cancelled a while back if they were on a different network.

WhoMani, Milk Tray Guy and Pennywise like this.
  12. Flash525

Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

The end of an era indeed. I don't think this has really come as a shock, as it seemed evident that Ollie would be making the sacrifice play come Crisis, even though that's still not a dead cert, it's certainly looking more and more likely. He had that discussion with the Monitor, and he hasn't been seen (or mentioned as alive) in any of the flash forwards.

Speaking of those; I don't get their purpose if I'm honest. If they are there to continue his legacy then they're ultimately pointless as Arrow is going to wrap with Season 8, and in the ten years(?) since his death, we know that Star City has gone to hell; it's (somewhat) implausible to think Ollie was the only person holding the city together. Dinah, Renee, Laurel, Diggle (etc) couldn't keep it from getting this bad?

I guess this would explain why nobody has been in touch with William though? Especially if Ollie is dead (and nobody has told William yet?); I can't imagine the show-runners quite knew what they were going to do here, and the flash forward sequence is a bit of a mess just in case they decided to continue?

I guess the new cast are a bit bummed too; they'd have no doubt thought they were sticking around for a while. :p

13. Flash525

I doubt this'll ever happen. We may be blessed with a GL cameo during the Crisis storyline, but we're never going to get a GL CW show. It would cost too much.

Would've been nice if they could've gone the full season, but with Crisis taking place in the middle or what would normally be a series run, it would be difficult to continue on without Ollie. I do wonder whether the Crisis episode will be the last Arrow one, or whether they'll have a single episode afterwards without Ollie (or even with Ollie, if he's dying, rather than dead); I hope, if the latter, then the likes of Barry and Kara are present for his send off.

The Superman show was only ever a hope. The CW isn't going to launch a Superman show, especially as long as Supergirl is on air. Batwoman may be the replacement show, but I'd think they'll want to give that show a full season before they consider it a success (or not).

If Arrow gets to wrap up in 8 Seasons, it's likely (though not a guarantee) that Flash will follow suit, as will Black Lightning, as will Batwoman. Legends, as much as I enjoy the show, I just can't see lasting for a full eight years, and I'm not sure whether Melissa will want to be playing the part of Supergirl for another five years either, especially as she has ample offers and opportunities elsewhere.

Whilst I'll freely admit that Supernatural has had some terrible seasons, it's currently going on strong. The show has too much of a core fanbase to be axed because of ratings (unless of course, they plummet). Jenson & Jared seem quite happy in the roles of Sam and Dean too, so I'm quite certain they'll continue on for a few more years yet.

Karelia likes this.
  14. Nicko-Ray

Nicko-Ray Madness

Oh my worry isn't that FLASH won't get 8+ seasons, my worry is that it will. It's never a good sign when a show goes past 5 or 6 seasons. There needs to be (no pun intended) an endgame. Always. Narratively speaking. In Amell's farewell video last night, he even mentions something among those lines about shows in general. FLASH has been showing signs of sinking since S3 imo. S4 was the worst. It won't do the show nor the characters ANY good if it kept up at this rate past 8 seasons.

Flash525 likes this.
  15. Flash525

Oh this, we can agree. Thing is though, we're only on Season 5, and Season 6 has seemingly already been set up and is further set to change (what with Carlos and Danielle leaving). I struggle to think the network wont push for (at least) another two seasons. They'll still have the Red Death to cover yet; he's already been hinted at, and (at some point) they'll have to tell the whole story between Barry & Eobard. There's no way they're going to wrap the show up without Bart either.

If Season 6 has Godspeed, then Eobard & Barry wont get told until Season 7 at the earliest. I'm seeing Season 8, easily. Hopefully with a bunch of new characters going into next year, it'll allow for some freshness.

Nicko-Ray likes this.
  16. Nicko-Ray

Nicko-Ray Madness

You're right. S6 with Red Death is coming. That would be cool, and yes along with Barry & Eobard wrapping up which is what I HOPE the series ends on. It was the most compelling thread in S1. Which is why I think they brought it back for S5 (and I'm really glad they did). As much as I do love Cisco and Caitlin, it would bring a freshness to see them leave...but my fear is any new characters to replace them. To me, the issue is that these new supporting characters (Ralph and Cecile) are so weak. Ralph HAS gotten better in S5 and I actually like him better, but that takes a LOT of the light off Barry. I don't even feel like we've really connected with Barry since we've gotten back from the break! We've hardly spent time with him. So, that being said, I'd say 8 seasons TOPS.

(Disclaimer: I know this is the ARROW thread so sorry for derailing.)

17. Prison Mike

Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

Hmmm...well, there wouldn’t be an Arrow without Smallville

WhoMani and Slick like this.
  18. Slick

Slick Yup

19. PrehistoricDog

PrehistoricDog Futurism

Haven't watched the last couple of seasons but it's still sad to hear that it's ending. It had it's highs and lows but man when it hit those highs, it was amazing.

20. nick p

nick p Registered

Arrow's ratings were still good by CW standards

21. flickchick85

flickchick85 Mod of Might

I’m not exactly this show’s biggest cheerleader, but I will say that despite its sluggish start (I was bored at the beginning too), S5 is probably worth finishing sometime when you can get around to it because it arguably ended up being the show’s best season, and easily produced Amell’s finest moments on the acting front. The character work on Oliver in the back half was actually legit compelling for once, something I’ve never felt about this show before. But then after S5 it goes back to being totally skippable so that would be a nice stopping point, lol.

Jedi Arrow, WhoMani, Flash525 and 2 others like this.
  22. Jedi Arrow

Jedi Arrow Vigilant Knight

I feared this was coming, but I was hoping against hope that I was wrong. Unlike many, I never considered giving up even when I didn't like how it was being handled (specifically S4), and thought it was on the upswing again, and that the prison arc pointed to great things coming. Only after Elseworlds did I begin to fear it was coming to an end. This has been my favorite show for probably five years, and I'm sad that it's coming to an end. It's been a great run, though, and I understand Amell's motivation. I'm definitely going to miss it, though; I'm sure I'll be rewatching it for years to come.

Slick likes this.
  23. kguillou

kguillou Registered

I havent watched the post Winter break episodes yet. I have this weird thing with Arrow where I tune into all of the pre Winter break episodes up until the crossover and then stop watching and catch up with the second half when it airs on Netflix. That said, I thought the prison arc was excellent and the show was in top form throughout that whole batch of episodes.

WhoMani likes this.
  24. Slick

Slick Yup

If I’m correct Arrow will end at 170 episodes. So yeah that’s a good run.