Arrow Arrow To End With Season 8

Oh this, we can agree. Thing is though, we're only on Season 5, and Season 6 has seemingly already been set up and is further set to change (what with Carlos and Danielle leaving). I struggle to think the network wont push for (at least) another two seasons. They'll still have the Red Death to cover yet; he's already been hinted at, and (at some point) they'll have to tell the whole story between Barry & Eobard. There's no way they're going to wrap the show up without Bart either.

If Season 6 has Godspeed, then Eobard & Barry wont get told until Season 7 at the earliest. I'm seeing Season 8, easily. Hopefully with a bunch of new characters going into next year, it'll allow for some freshness.
Man, talk about a one trick pony. So they got the future 2-3 seasons teased and possibly in initial stages of planning, and the villains are still all speedsters?

I’m not exactly this show’s biggest cheerleader, but I will say that despite its sluggish start (I was bored at the beginning too), S5 is probably worth finishing sometime when you can get around to it because it arguably ended up being the show’s best season, and easily produced Amell’s finest moments on the acting front. The character work on Oliver in the back half was actually legit compelling for once, something I’ve never felt about this show before. But then after S5 it goes back to being totally skippable so that would be a nice stopping point, lol.

So the back half of that season is actually decent? Maybe I will make an attempt then, LOL!

Man, talk about a one trick pony. So they got the future 2-3 seasons teased and possibly in initial stages of planning, and the villains are still all speedsters?
Well as far as I can tell from the knowledge I have, Flash has three main antagonists;
  • Eobard Thawne
  • Gorilla Grodd
  • The Rogues (Cpt Cold, Heatwave, Mirror Master, Weather Wizard etc)
I suppose you could also throw De Voe into the fold, but I don’t think he’s so promnant. Zoom is a primary villain or Bart if I’m not mistaken, and Savitar, Cicada and all the other villains we’ve seen have never quite posed as significant a threat as the others.

Thawne is ongoing at this point. Grodd is probably too costly for a season run, and the Rogues were ruined quite early on. The majority of other Flash villains (major and minor) have seemingly been used already. Other Speedsters are really the only viable bad guys they’ve got left to use.

The way I look at it is that even though Arrow is ending it will still leave a legacy with the other Arrowverse shows. Just like when Buffy ended we still had Angel(even though it ended the year after Buffy’s final season) so like I said before I’m at peace and looking forward to the rest of this current season and the final one and that it will live on with the other shows.

I'm intrigued as to how the CWverse will evolve from here. Batwoman will probably become the new Arrow (but consistently better, I hope). I still believe that whenever Supergirl comes to an end we might see a Tyler Hoechlin Superman series, with Supergirl herself taking the Man of Steel's place on the big screen (I don't think they'll recast for some while after Cavill). I haven't even a suspicion how they'll replace Legends and Flash when the time comes.

And Black Lightning is still out on it's own. Will it eventually be folded in with the others, despite the statements to the contrary :shrug:

Last edited:
I'm intrigued as to how the CWverse will evolve from here. Batwoman will probably become the new Arrow (but consistently better, I hope). I still believe that whenever Supergirl comes to an end we might see a Tyler Hoechlin Superman series, with Supergirl herself taking the Man of Steel's place on the big screen (I don't think they'll recast for some while after Cavill). I haven't even a suspicion how they'll replace Legends and Flash when the time comes.

And Black Lightning is still out on it's own. Will it eventually be folded in with the others, despite the statements to the contrary :shrug:

It looks like they are focusing on Supergirl for the next film.

RUMOR: DC Films’ 'Supergirl' Movie Gets New Update

Not too surprising. And I would be even less surprised if they back-doored a new Superman using her movie. Focus in Kara but also show the new Supes (when they get one) to help reboot his franchise. What I do hope would that they keep this loosely in the universe already started by Snyder.

When Arrow ends, I can see members of Team Arrow going to either Flash, Legends, or Batwoman if it gets series order.

Do you mean as regulars, or on occasional guest-spots?

Both as I can see Felicity in Flash since a couple of cast members may be leaving. Other members Team Arrow could be in Legends for guest spots.

Both as I can see Felicity in Flash since a couple of cast members may be leaving. Other members Team Arrow could be in Legends for guest spots.
Yes, I guess that's a possibility. Maybe in some of the end of year crossovers as well.

When Arrow ends, I can see members of Team Arrow going to either Flash, Legends, or Batwoman if it gets series order.
Honestly, I can't. We know through the Flash Forwards that Dinah, Renee and Felicity are very much still in Star City; none of them are low living in Central City (yes, it's possible they moved, and then moved back, but really? Nah).

Diggle & Felicity have already had cameos in the Flash, so I've no doubt those will continue, maybe more so with Carlos & Danielle leaving. I guess it depends what David & Emily have schedule-wise in the future.

I don't honestly see any of the Arrow characters moving to Batwoman - not even in cameo form. There's just no purpose for that. The only characters to have met Batwoman are Ollie, Barry and Kara. Legends is a tough one, because there's always that looming doubt as to whether it's going to end up cancelled itself.

I think, once Arrow wraps we'll likely not see the likes of Renee again. There may be the odd occasion where Dinah or Laurel turn up on Flash to help with a police matter, but it's looking less and less likely - and they're very much Arrow characters. I wouldn't be surprised if we never saw them again.

Of course, there's always alternate earths to visit where Flash is concerned (different Ollie's for example) and there's that ever-so-precious timeline that could allow for the Legends to meet Ollie again, but yeah, ultimately, I think once Arrow is done, the (majority of) the cast will be too.

If any of them do move to other shows, then I hope it would be Black Siren. I don't recall any references to BS in the FFs, so the character may have a clean slate for the future. Flash or Supergirl would be my favored choices.

While it's sad to see the show coming to an end, I think this is the right time to wrap up the series. I want it to end on a high note, not drag out until there are no good ideas left. This gives the show's writers the chance to produce a satisfying ending for the series and celebrate its successes.

If any of them do move to other shows, then I hope it would be Black Siren. I don't recall any references to BS in the FFs, so the character may have a clean slate for the future. Flash or Supergirl would be my favored choices.
Honestly, I think she’d fit better on Batwoman. The tone of her character and the tone of Batwoman are both dark enough to work. Pretty sure Flash and Supergirl are too ‘light’ for her character full time.

I was actually rereading my post before I came to yours and was thinking Batwoman would be better too... But, the other shows could both use a little more dark and could help to 'lighten' her character somewhat.

I dont think any of the shows have an interest in Laurel. If they arent interested in giving her the obvious spin off, they wont add her to any rosters sadly.

They really messed up with Laurel. There was so much potential with a GA and BC pairing. That couple just can’t catch a break in live action.

What season ended with the island blowing up?

That’s when I stopped...

That was season 5.

I dont think any of the shows have an interest in Laurel. If they arent interested in giving her the obvious spin off, they wont add her to any rosters sadly.
A Black Canary (or Siren) spin-off? Whatever makes you think that would have worked out? Especially without the Green Arrow.

I don’t personally think Kate Cassidy is a strong enough actress to lead her own show, but I also didn’t think Amber Rose(?) is/was a strong enough actress either, and she’s leading Batwoman.

When the show ends the only characters that I think we could see again are Diggle, Felicity and maybe Black Siren but they will merely be guests stars than series regulars on the other Arrowverse shows.

A Black Canary (or Siren) spin-off? Whatever makes you think that would have worked out? Especially without the Green Arrow.

I don’t personally think Kate Cassidy is a strong enough actress to lead her own show, but I also didn’t think Amber Rose(?) is/was a strong enough actress either, and she’s leading Batwoman.

He’s talking about Birds of Prey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"