Comics ASM #551 (spoilers)

I really didn't mean to sidetrack the thread, so I apologize.

No problem. There will be a new issue soon, anyway, and I rather like the informality of this forum compared to some others. Besides, a number of people in the OMD thread just spent some time talking about the new Knight Rider and classic cars, so I think your crime is rather small. :oldrazz:

And with that, I have to warn you not to assume that where we saw Jack at the end of Season 3's flash-forward was the end of his story. ;) We've seen a point that he gets to eventually...but not the end. :)

And that's one of the few things that brought me back this season; I'm hoping another curve will come in from somewhere so that things don't turn out so bad (although I will point out that the Season 3 finale is still the "last" flash-forward we've seen regarding Jack). Plus, there were so many unanswered questions...as always... :woot:

the only thing thats REALLY bugged me about BND so far is the fact that they beat us over the head with "peter uses web shooters again".

how many times has he ran out of web fluid? or talked about his web shooters? god damn. when he had them before he wasnt talking about them every five minutes.

and i think the new guy in charge of the bugle is pretty cool...he still paid pete for his pic, which (like they said in the issue) JJJ wouldnt of done. its nice to see peter having people that have his back. after being on the run for so long. maybe he doesnt remember it, but i sure do. these stories are a nice change of pace from the gloomy back in black and one more day.

how many times has he ran out of web fluid?

Once.

or talked about his web shooters? god damn. when he had them before he wasnt talking about them every five minutes.

I'd be talking about them all the time, too, if someone had stolen one of them and is now using them to frame me for a bunch of murders around the city. ;)

Once.

I'd be talking about them all the time, too, if someone had stolen one of them and is now using them to frame me for a bunch of murders around the city. ;)

damn. yeah your right i guess. it just seems that sometimes they are making up for no webshooters the last few years by mentioning them every chance they get.

damn. yeah your right i guess. it just seems that sometimes they are making up for no webshooters the last few years by mentioning them every chance they get.

I suppose there's probably a reason why we immediately got a story that has to do with the webshooters immediately after they're back in the stories, but I really don't see it as them trying to shove it into our faces that they're back.

I completely welcome their return. :)

And really...he talked about them a whole lot when he had them before, too. I think it's just that each mention of them sticks out like a sore thumb to us right now because we've grown used to them not being mentioned anymore.

I finally read a copy of the "Brand New Day" series. I found this is issue to be decent if not...empty. Has nothing to do with the loss of MJ as spouse. I think it's almost as if it's lacking gravitas now or something. With all the events that have driven Spider-Man over the past few years, it feels weird to have a story that feels like it means almost nothing. I don't know; I guess I can't really pit my finger on it.

I finally read a copy of the "Brand New Day" series. I found this is issue to be decent if not...empty. Has nothing to do with the loss of MJ as spouse. I think it's almost as if it's lacking gravitas now or something. With all the events that have driven Spider-Man over the past few years, it feels weird to have a story that feels like it means almost nothing. I don't know; I guess I can't really pit my finger on it.

You mean to say that you're not used to a Spider-Man story that doesn't involve a SHOCKING LIFE-CHANGING EVENT! :D

You mean to say that you're not used to a Spider-Man story that doesn't involve a SHOCKING LIFE-CHANGING EVENT! :D

Yeah, kind of.

I know it's an exaggeration, but it really does feel like every story over the past few years has been build-up after build-up, and now it's sort-of like a deflated balloon. So all these shocking, life-altering events have led to Peter going back to square-one almost. It's so anti-climactic. Whether or not the stories are better, it just feels almost like a let-down.

I think I have Spider-Man blue balls.

Isn't that people have been asking for though, no more life-changing events and just normal Spidey stories?

Yeah, kind of.

I know it's an exaggeration, but it really does feel like every story over the past few years has been build-up after build-up, and now it's sort-of like a deflated balloon. So all these shocking, life-altering events have led to Peter going back to square-one almost. It's so anti-climactic. Whether or not the stories are better, it just feels almost like a let-down.

I think I have Spider-Man blue balls.

I couldn't agree more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"