Comics ASM #549 (Spoilers)

Just read the story, and I'm a little mad.

Could it be any more obvious that Jackpot is MJ? Does the writing team really need to make "Face it tiger, you just hit the Jackpot" every freaking line she says? I remember three references to her being MJ in this issue alone. We don't need to be beaten with the obvious stick?

Also, am I the only one who noticed that the blonde (I think she's the one Harry's dating) has gone from blonde to brunette to AFRICAN-AMERICAN BLONDE in three issues?

Thank you, writers, for managing to be unable to keep continuity even after resetting it.

And god only knows, when Harry is revealed to be the new goblin...
I'm sorry, but all this says to me is that Jackot is not MJ.

Agreed.

It's one thing to hint heavily towards MJ being Jackpot. It's another when it's not only THIS "obvious", but Spidey immediately assumes the same thing, too.

The writers are playing with us here.

Agreed.

It's one thing to hint heavily towards MJ being Jackpot. It's another when it's not only THIS "obvious", but Spidey immediately assumes the same thing, too.

The writers are playing with us here.
Seriously agreed.

The thing is, I wanna believe its not MJ too, yet at the same time it would only make sense if it was MJ. You mean to tell me there's another red-head with green eyes thats also model and says "face it tiger you just hit the jackpot"??? Hmmm... maybe MJ has a sister?

The thing is, I wanna believe its not MJ too, yet at the same time it would only make sense if it was MJ. You mean to tell me there's another red-head with green eyes thats also model and says "face it tiger you just hit the jackpot"??? Hmmm... maybe MJ has a sister?

Did she ever say that? I know she made the crack about Spidey hitting her just so he could say he "hit the Jackpot". But really, while that's a phrase we Spidey fans like to associate with MJ, it's anything but exclusive to her.

I would expect anyone with a name like "Jackpot" to use that phrase as a quip sometime. I know I would run that joke to the ground.

Now, if she actually said the words "Face it Tiger, you just hit The Jackpot" to him...then I'd agree with you. THAT would be MJ, no question.

As I've said before:

I absolutely despise the turn that the Spidey Train has taken with OMD, but MAN am I LOVING the new direction!

Seriously...when's the last time a Spidey book has felt this...classic?

I still think that Jackpot =/= MJ. And I still think that she might actually be Carlie. Both seem VERY eager and innocent about the whole crime thing: Jackpot with fighting it...Carlie with investigating it.

And I love the subtle and not-so-subtle jabs in these issues: Distinguished Competition, Grey Goblin, The Jack-Cave, Hitting the Jackpot, etc.

Oh, and that thing Spidey used to track the Grey Gob--Menace's trail: Have we seen him use that before?

Aloha,
Great book so far. On one hand this is Amazing Spider-Man volume 3 and on the other hand this is Untold Tales of Spider-Man volume 2.But it's well written and drawn and I'm loving it.
First person to find the issue that the
Goblin Glider Exhaust tracer
appeared in gets a free disk of Spidey.
Spidey rules

I'm getting annoyed of the "running out of web fluid" stuffs.

For me, it's one of those things I never thought I'd miss...until it was gone. It actually warms my heart a little to see this happen again. :)

And the return of the Spider-Tracers!

Man, if I see a story sometime soon where Pete makes a special web formula to deal with a specific problem, I might just faint. :)

Well, Jackpot did say " Face it Tiger, your under arrest". I know i know. Technically anybody could say that but that phrase " face it tiger" has to make you think. Then again it could be the writers just seriously messing with us.

For me, it's one of those things I never thought I'd miss...until it was gone. It actually warms my heart a little to see this happen again. :)

And the return of the Spider-Tracers!

Man, if I see a story sometime soon where Pete makes a special web formula to deal with a specific problem, I might just faint. :)
Agreed, those things were great parts of Spidey that I haven't seen in a long time. :up:

Well, Jackpot did say " Face it Tiger, your under arrest". I know i know. Technically anybody could say that but that phrase " face it tiger" has to make you think. Then again it could be the writers just seriously messing with us.

Oh, shnikies...you're right. She did say that...

Hmm...okay, I still believe that the writers are just messing with us and that it won't be MJ...but yeah, that's laying it on EXTREMELY thick with coincidence...

I really liked this issue. I felt that the quality was on par with the first arc. I was worried about all this change in writer/artist, but this issue flows really well from the last one. I'm curious as to what they will do with menace and jackpot.

I wonder if mj still remembers pre one more day? Maybe her becoming jackpot is a way for her to lift some of the weight off of peter's shoulders by trying to do his superhero work for him.

I hope they keep up the good work!

Agreed, those things were great parts of Spidey that I haven't seen in a long time. :up:

Aloha,
The return of both the web shooters and spider tracers as well as no money to buy the ingredients to make more. That's classic Spidey!
Spidey rules

Didn't like this issue as much as the first three.

It was decent today but it's a shame I had to buy it on the same day as an issue of Dtective by Paul dini. I read through twists and turns and doublecrossing classic villains in that, and in Spider-Man, with Slott gone, I read an average of 3 words a panel and 3 panels per page.

I'm intrigued by Menace though! and if Jackpot is MJ, it's ridiculous and if Jackpot is someone else, it's ridiculous. Oye.

I wouldn't put it past New-Age-Marvel to just plain have her be MJ guys. They always solicit things months in advance spoiling things in full detail, and people go "there's gotta be more to it!" and there NEVER is.

Let's pretend for fun that they at least kinda cared though; my guess in the form of a question is, how old is MJ's cousin Kristy these days?

I finally read it last night and enjoyed the heck out of it. I'm as sick of all the goblins as the next guy, but even though we didn't see him, I'm really intrigued by Menace and if written properly could be the next Hobgoblin saga. (Stern's run of course :woot: )
As much as I don't want it too be, I think MJ is Jackpot, I'm hoping I'm wrong and there's more to it, but at the moment I don't see it.
And would someone answer this question:

First person to find the issue that the
Goblin Glider Exhaust tracer
appeared in gets a free disk of Spidey.
Spidey rules

That part was kind of vague for me, and came out of nowhere. I REALLY WANNA KNOW!!

Excellent issue! Spidey's back and he told you so!!! :woot:

I'm intrigued by Menace though! and if Jackpot is MJ, it's ridiculous and if Jackpot is someone else, it's ridiculous. Oye.
Yup. It's so blatant that it's SUPPOSED to be MJ, so which ever it's revealed, it's gonan be entirely anti-climactic, it's not gonna be funny.

Why couldn't you just have a redheaded superhero? Why make her name jackpot, give her all the lines, and even have Spidey mention that she might be MJ? Don't FORCE a mystery on us....speculation would have come if it was MJ if they were subtle about it.

well if she's MJ, then Spidey might just have given his secret ID to someone (well at least MJ woudl know that Spidey is someone who knows her pretty well) (N.B: in this new status quo ABSOLUTELY NOBODY knows who Spidey really is and I'm quoting that double page from the first issue of BND)

By the way I really liked the issue, that Menace guy might turn out to be a real good villain, but I hope no "Eddie Brock Syndrome" will happen (I mean to have his identity already revealed)

I hope its not her, either. It's not like she's the only redhead on the planet.

I'm surprised the "letters" section hasn't returned.

well, so much for the 'kewl' factor of the shooters. I was afraid of this nonsense. Makes him seem even more of a dimwit than even before...he never ran out like this. Progress, baby...face backwards and love it!

well, so much for the 'kewl' factor of the shooters. I was afraid of this nonsense. Makes him seem even more of a dimwit than even before...he never ran out like this. Progress, baby...face backwards and love it!

I believe the reason he's out of web fluid is a combination of low funds and he's down to one web shooter, the other's been stolen.

Not every other issue, no.

That's what made it a shock when he did run out when he needed it most.
It's blatantly assuming readers are dumb asses.

"Look! We are giving him problems! Look! Problems! You liked a lot of these years ago! remember! Problems! Spidey has them!"

It's like when John Byrne re did the orgin story. Like, every issue was like a cock slap to the face with it's "SPIDEY'S ORGIN HAS CHANGED! WE DID THIS, DEAL WITH IT!"

It's lazy ass writing at it's best and insulting readers intelligence at it's worst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"