Assassin's Creed IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I wouldn't say it was the worst thing about the game, but it was a lot like the Den Missions in ACR where it just wasn't what I wanted to be doing.

I'm interested because it's Assassin's Creed, but I'm not massively interested in the setting, I never particularly cared for the naval battles. I'm in these games for the story, and I want to see if we see enough of (Edward, was it?) Kenway's life to see what happened to Haytham to make him turn away from the Assassin's Order.

I also want to know what happened to Desmond's body being abducted by Abstergo.

Hidden secrets were but Captain Kidd missions were all in the original game

Ok, I think I've mixed myself up somewhere. :oldrazz:

So with DAT FASS supposedly playing Desmond (And his ancestors) who would we cast as his ancestors?

Altair - Vin Diesel? Has the middle Eastern appearance and played a similar character in Riddick
Ezio - Eric Bana. He doesn't get to play charming humourous guys very often but he's a top actor.
Edward - Chris Hemsworth. They look alike physically and Chris Hemsworth as a pirate FTW.
Haytham - Guy Pearce. He could easily play kind of an aristocratic evil James Bond.
Connor - No idea here.

Last edited:
Someone uploaded the trailer on youtube and I've just finishing viewing.

HOLY **** I'M PSYCHED! Can't wait to find out more on Monday but I'm already sold. New, same, already done, whatever...I have a feeling this will deliver. (Remind of this post come October. :o)

Last edited:
Ok, I think I've mixed myself up somewhere. :oldrazz:

So with DAT FASS supposedly playing Desmond (And his ancestors) who would we cast as his ancestors?

Altair - Vin Diesel? Has the middle Eastern appearance and played a similar character in Riddick
Ezio - Eric Bana. He doesn't get to play charming humourous guys very often but he's a top actor.
Edward - Chris Hemsworth. They look alike physically and Chris Hemsworth as a pirate FTW.
Haytham - Guy Pearce. He could easily play kind of an aristocratic evil James Bond.
Connor - No idea here.
Hemsworth is definitely spot on for Edward. As for Ezio I dunno...maybe Rodrigo Santoro?

Well, I just watched the premier trailer, which leaked. And I gotta say...I'm uninterested. I have every single Assassin's Creed game beaten and this just looks dumb. It looks like it's based off the naval missions from 3, which I thought were probably the worst part of any Assassin's Creed game...ever. I prefer the first AC game to ANY of the naval mission.s God...I hated those. And this game looks like 60 dollars worth of that...if it's even 60 dollars worth of content, that is, but all the AC games usually are, so that's not really a concern of mine. But...I do love AC...a lot. I'll probably see if I can get this one as a gift. Probably Christmas. I sure as hell am not spending 60 bucks on it, though.

Every single word that is the opposite of this post is exactly the way I feel about the naval combat in AC3. (Even words like "the.")

FYI most of the Joe Kidd DLC isn't naval, but land missions. If you care, that is! :woot:

*William* Kidd. Joe Kidd was a Clint Eastwood cop movie. :oldrazz:

Absolutely loved the ACIV trailer. Looks like everything POTC *should* have been, but wasn't. I pretty much called most of the elements that would be there --- Blackbeard, the rope swinging, buried treasure, underwater shipwrecks....everything you'd expect from a pirate swashbuckler. Even butt nekkid wenches! Good to see that Edward isn't a prude, unlike Connor.

Speaking of Captain Kidd, that would be a great way to do a callback to AC3 if Edward hangs out with him --- maybe he helps bury some of the treasures that Connor digs up 60 years later.

Bah, I'm like two more instances of stupidity away from just posting HODOR! all time time.

Do we know how long this has been in development? I'd be excited for this game, but it coming out only a year after ac3 makes me worried that the game will have "rushed" written all over it.

Absolutely loved the ACIV trailer. Looks like everything POTC *should* have been, but wasn't. I pretty much called most of the elements that would be there --- Blackbeard, the rope swinging, buried treasure, underwater shipwrecks....everything you'd expect from a pirate swashbuckler. Even butt nekkid wenches! Good to see that Edward isn't a prude, unlike Connor.

Speaking of Captain Kidd, that would be a great way to do a callback to AC3 if Edward hangs out with him --- maybe he helps bury some of the treasures that Connor digs up 60 years later.
:up:

Spider-Who? said:
Do we know how long this has been in development? I'd be excited for this game, but it coming out only a year after ac3 makes me worried that the game will have "rushed" written all over it.

To be honest, I don't think that will really matter. They worked on AC 3 for years and it still felt rushed to me and the story most definitely felt off. With the core gameplay and combat of AC 3 being the strongest part and a good, working engine, they could potentially make a BETTER game if they put more work into the story and mission design.

I think this game could really go either way.

DfySYTq-Imgur_zps6e895ceb.jpg

8yXXdIr-Imgur_zps25dae657.jpg

4NEr1pe-Imgur_zps9bdd2f36.jpg

cZ8NBQX-Imgur_zpsdb9564d4.png

Still underwhelmed by the costume but more interested in the game.

I want a pirate hat and a more piratey coat. A more assassin themed version of the Aquila costume in AC 3 would have been perfect.

My main beef with the outfit right now is that his hood isn't beaked.

Did AC3 feature dual-wield pistols, and carrying a brace of them into battle? I don't have the game anymore so I can't remember.

I'm wondering about the whale in that first pic. If they include a whaling mini-game, Greenpeace is gonna **** a brick. :oldrazz:

Still underwhelmed by the costume but more interested in the game.

I want a pirate hat and a more piratey coat. A more assassin themed version of the Aquila costume in AC 3 would have been perfect.

The outfit is upgradable this time, a la Ezio.

Bonus costumes are sure to be available too. I'd be shocked if one weren't vividly pirate themed. Worry not.

Meanwhile, purists like me will relish the more traditional-with-a-twist look of what's been shown. I love the clean white hood. :up:

I have no problem with the hood, I just find it way too similar to Assassin's outfits we've seen before. I would have really liked a more defined historical twist on the outfit.

Think I'm most excited about dual wield swords.

Yeah, I'll be buying this. The trailer looks very promising and I am liking the POTC vibe. It is one thing to make an AC game with a pirate setting, it is another to make a Pirate game. This looks like it could be the latter, just like AC3 felt very much in tune with its setting. I love the ship combat in AC3 and dual wielding swords sounds awesome. A direct relative to Conner, who I love, is also a very good thing.

This is also the first time they went back in the timeline. Wonder what that means.

Well technically not the first time. AC Revelations kind of went backwards with Altair

Looking forward to this. Really enjoyed 3 and the other games in the series. I have never been a fan of using guns in the games though and I rarely use swords. My weapons of choice had always been the blade/double blades, tomahawk and bow/crossbow.

After watching the trailer I'm wondering how AC4's underwater environments are going to compare to GTAV's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"