Assassin's Creed IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Tyranny of King Washington IS canon, just an alternate universe or timeline if you will. It's more Days of Future Past than it is 'What If?'

Ubisoft merely stated the events that take place in this alternate universe won't have ramifications on the traditional universe, that's not to say that it's entirely seperate canon. If you'd played it, you'd know that at the beginning, even though it's an alternate universe, it's the main universe Connor.

“We think people are going to enjoy it, have fun with it – we’ve just got to remember it’s not part of the canon, it’s just there as something for players to enjoy,” he concluded.

-Lead designer Steve Masters

Last edited:
The lead designer of the game claims its not canon, I'm not buying it as such. Call it what u want, alt history, alt timeline, it won't affect future games when the designer of said games refuses to recognize it as anything other than "something for players to enjoy".

Last edited:
But it's not, you're just being close minded. The UNIVERSE the DLC is set in ISN'T canon but the Connor that stars in it IS canon.

But it's not, you're just being close minded. The UNIVERSE the DLC is set in ISN'T canon but the Connor that stars in it IS canon.

The guy who made the damn game said its not canon. Period. Stop pretending it's something it's not so you'll feel better about purchasing the dlc.

What part of the LEAD DESIGNER saying its. not. canon is so hard to comprehend?

Last edited:
Mate you're just plugging your ears and yelling 'I'M NOT LISTENING!' at this point.

And for the record, why would I feel bad about purchasing DLC? I love this franchise to death. I have all the comics (Including the obscure French ones), novels, the encyclopedia, I have a Connor statue, I buy all the most loaded editions of the games. Why would I have any shame in purchasing even more?

Especially when it's got a better story than the original game.

Also, you're the one ignoring what we're saying but whatever, one day you'll play the DLC yourself and realise you made an ass of yourself.

They're mad at whoever gives them publicity. Surprised they didn't kick up a stink about hunting in ACIII.

There always mad about something and so they might as well be pissed at AC IV's"whaling"!,Is it even confirm we can kill whales?

Naturally they ignore the fact you're also able to kill countless numbers of human beings for no other reason than "I felt like it."

Wait until they find out there are animals in GTAV, oh laaaawdy!

Animals are more important than humans, everybody knows that.

Yeah, it's not like humans actually survived and made a living on hunting, trading pelts and whaling in the 1700's...

Yeah, it's not like humans actually survived and made a living on hunting, trading pelts and whaling in the 1700's...

Gasp! You mean whaling was actually a part of life back then? It's not just an attempt by Ubi to glorify the murder of animals.

I'm against all animal cruelty(although I guess I'm a hypocrite since I love eating them)But able to hurt them in a video game ain't a big deal to me and especially when IF the game is repressing a time period in world history.

Besides..Hunting is not a major requirement,I mean it's not like the game's concept is all about animal hunting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"