August 2007 Sales Charts & Market Share Report

If it makes you that sad, you should just leave the thread. :up:

I agree about the overly lovey-dovey crap between Phyla and Moondragon. That's really the main thing that's felt off in AC: Quasar to me. Phyla was never like that and Moondragon was even less like that. In Captain Marvel, Phyla was a tough, no-nonsense hardass who pretty much hated her brother for squandering his gifts and their father's legacy, and Moondragon was a stoic, crabby b****. Here they feel like a trashy romance couple. It's kind of gross.

A smaller complaint I have is that I was looking forward to Phyla taking on the Quasar powers and kicking ass with them. She was more effective with the Captain Marvel powers than Genis was; it was only Genis' insanity and unpredictability that gave him an edge over her. But in Conquest, she's immediately handicapped by the quantum bands' power drain, not to mention the fact that she hasn't even used any of the bands' energy powers yet. She's just making constructs, which makes me think the creators for the mini-series took Quasar's basic description as "Marvel's Green Lantern" a bit too literally.

Hmm. I hadn't thought of it like that. Granted, I didn't pay much attention to either heroine much in the past, and ignorance of a character can allow you to bypass when errors are made.

I'm not having too much of a problem with QUASAR. I will say that STARLORD and NOVA are better, IMO. I enjoy QUASAR more than WRAITH though. Not to say WRAITH, despite the emo-ness, is bad. But that is how I rate the four AC titles personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"