World Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

finished watching the first three eps of the new season, hoping there's been some sort of an improvement, and it's just not working for me... neither does the current season of USM... bring on this Phase 2 of Marvel animation that supposed to veer away from the way they've approached their animations for the last few years and finally admitting they've taken their animateds down the wrong path... it SHOWS, and I'm glad they're getting back to what worked a few years ago...

finished watching the first three eps of the new season, hoping there's been some sort of an improvement, and it's just not working for me... neither does the current season of USM... bring on this Phase 2 of Marvel animation that supposed to veer away from the way they've approached their animations for the last few years and finally admitting they've taken their animateds down the wrong path... it SHOWS, and I'm glad they're getting back to what worked a few years ago...

Don't give up on it quite yet, wait for the next episode because the Winter Soldier is coming to kill the Red Skull, lets see how it goes.

I gave the first episode of this show a shot, and didn't like what I saw, so I dropped it since then. Has there been any improvement on this show since then? Has the action gotten better at least? Because coming off of Young Justice, Legend of Korra, and Earth's Mightiest Heroes, this show was really hard to sit through, especially animation wise. Reading through the last couple pages of this thread, it still looks like the reception is that it's mediocre.

I liked the first two episodes of the new series, but the last one, ''Valhalla Can Wait'', was pretty boring.

Looking forward to seeing Bucky in the new one though.

Squadron Supreme's Nighthawk guest stars on this weekend's episode.

Squadron Supreme's Nighthawk guest stars on this weekend's episode.

I thought it was good. Tried to take them down Tower of Babel style using plans Falcon came up with to stop them.

"I'm Nighthawk!" :yay:

Edit: Can't wait for Nighthawk and Hyperion to "round up the team"

Last edited:
Avengers vs. the classic Squadron Supreme should be awesome.

Nighthawk was a lot of fun this week.

Nighthawk. That was the voice of Batman from "Beware The Batman":hubba!! I was so fanboying!!!! So glad they got a "Batman" to do it!!!!

Last edited:
I seriously am not a fan of this series for two reasons: it's below the animation quality I expect from Man of Action, AND it's writing is even worse than what they usually make

Man of Action isn't even that good in the first place...

I could at least enjoy a lot of their animated features (Well.... Except some of their Ben 10 stuff), but avengers assemble is just crud. I get more enjoyment from Ultimate Spiderman and it's production values, and I still hate that one!

I could at least enjoy a lot of their animated features (Well.... Except some of their Ben 10 stuff), but avengers assemble is just crud. I get more enjoyment from Ultimate Spiderman and it's production values, and I still hate that one!

I feel your pain... both series are the s**ts, as far as I'm concerned... hopefully, Marvel animateds will get a complete revamp and overhaul and get back on track to making quality animateds instead the s**t that they've been feeding to the brainless masses out there who'll take and eat any s**t that's fed to them...

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes was the LAST good Marvel Animated feature. Too bad Disney replaced it with..... Avengers Assemble... Based on... The Avengers..... Am I the only one that sees something wrong here?

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes was the LAST good Marvel Animated feature. Too bad Disney replaced it with..... Avengers Assemble... Based on... The Avengers..... Am I the only one that sees something wrong here?

You are not the only one and dude don't blame Disney this all has Jeph Loabs hands written all over it.

If it was Disney we wont have the awesome Star Wars Rebels we do now.

It would be salvageable if it animated like ultimate spiderman. Even then, it would still suck.

Seriously, Avengers Assemble is so ugly that it makes Hulk agents of smash look good.

P.S. If someone actually believes that Avengers Assemble is drawn and animated better Ultimate Spiderman, then that's just automatically wrong.... Ewww... I can't believe I'm sticking up for Ultimate Spiderman.

Last edited:
Anyone see the Dark Avengers episode? Did they use the guy who voiced John Stewart in JLA to voice Dr. Spectrum? Sounds like it.

Does this adapt from the comic books the same way Earth's mightiest heroes did? That one was even a pretty good introduction for new fans to understand the comics, or is it mostly filler with plot threads nobody cares about like Ultimate Spider-Man?

Anyone see the Dark Avengers episode? Did they use the guy who voiced John Stewart in JLA to voice Dr. Spectrum? Sounds like it.

Yeah, I caught the credits. It was Phil LaMarr. Jason Spisak (Wally West in Young Justice) voiced Speed Demon.

Does this adapt from the comic books the same way Earth's mightiest heroes did? That one was even a pretty good introduction for new fans to understand the comics, or is it mostly filler with plot threads nobody cares about like Ultimate Spider-Man?

I'm not a big comic book guy, but it seems like mostly original stuff. Both seasons have an arc tho, and they've introduced me to some characters I wasn't familiar with.

I only kept track of the first half of season 1, most of which seemed to be scraping up all the filler that EMH didn't bother with, like Space Phantom and the Midgard Serpent and Dracula. After the ep where Falcon's mom comes over, I was done forever.

Nope. It's a lot of "Ultimate Spider-Man" with movie stuff shoehorned in. I miss EMH.
Yeah they did. That was funny as Dr. Spectrum is based off GL.

Funny, because from the first 10 episodes of Avengers Assemble that watched, i think EMH was a better way to get kids interested in the movies and the comics, not only did they take the essential stuff and adapt the important stories, but it also felt a bit like the movies in some places.

It also did some of the things the 90s X-Men cartoon did well, which was serving as an introduction for the comics, watching the show you wouldn't need to read the 60s-70s Avengers comics in order to know what was going on, i think comic book cartoons should do that more often, it reminds me of anime adaptations of mangas, but with 50+ years of stories, the animation studios are able to trim up the fat and only go with the characters and situations that are necessary.

It's a near flawless business module for cartoon adaptations, since it benefits the comic sales also, then as the show goes on, it can start adapting more modern storylines too, the X-Men 90s cartoon for example was pretty much running alongside the comics and i think that did help the sales.

I know they wanted to push for a Marvel Animated Universe, but it would have been better for most if they had used EMH as the center of it, instead of Ultimate Spider-Man, which has been criticaly hated since the very moment it premiered.

Isn't Hyperion supposed to lead the squadron? Batman fandom crossed into the parody team? though the secondary leader leads the avengers in this show too.

As Nighthawk said, he's the architect and Hyperion is the nail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"