World Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

which is not how its supposed to be from everything i've read

Based on everything I've read, Peter Quill was not abducted by alien pirates when he was a little kid and forced to become one. Things change.

Anybody see the new episode yet? I wonder how they are going to continue to patronize us black fans into thinking Sam is a useful member of the team?

Hey, why doesn't Falcon look anything like he does in the movies?

Anybody see the new episode yet? I wonder how they are going to continue to patronize us black fans into thinking Sam is a useful member of the team?

He's a lot more useful than Hawkeye.

Hey, why doesn't Falcon look anything like he does in the movies?

I'm wondering if the MCU Falcon will eventually have more red in his costume.

He's a lot more useful than Hawkeye.

Call me a skeptic but I haven't seen anything he has done worthwhile other than flying around and copying early 90's Archangel. Hawk eye has had years of training and is competent with both bow and sword, yet Sam only received a crash course on combat gymnastics with Steve during their Haitian island vacation. Am I missing something?

Call me a skeptic but I haven't seen anything he has done worthwhile other than flying around and copying early 90's Archangel. Hawk eye has had years of training and is competent with both bow and sword, yet Sam only received a crash course on combat gymnastics with Steve during their Haitian island vacation. Am I missing something?

Sam can fly and solve complex tech problems. He helped Tony stop a tidal wave. Hawkeye uses an antique weapon against super-powered threats and makes wisecracks that usually aren't funny. With Falcon around, he's even more useless than he was in the movie.

From Marvel...

"At a later point, Wilson was offered membership to the premier superhero team Avengers. However, he was uncomfortable that his presence was due largely to the government's "affirmative action" policy, and he returned to his social work almost immediately after some stern words with his fellow heroes. Despite his feelings, he has helped the Avengers on occasion as a provisional member.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/universe/Falcon_(Sam_Wilson)#ixzz3RwIzbdCJ"

I am still trying to wrap my head around as to how Sam is any use to Avengers, and now you have told me he has helped out Tony Stark many an occasion, since when has Tony needed a social worker from Harlem to help him solve complex tasks? Ok I get that this is a different universe from the 616 but we have had more than one "Sam is useful" episode on this show and it's ticking me off.

Maybe I have seen the same goody goody black character recycled over and over again during my life of watching cartoons that it is unnerving me.

They portray him as a mama's boy, a non threatening nerd, and because of this we have had to suffer watching silly stories such as the one where Sam wanted to hide his Avenger's identity from his mama. I wonder what whent on in the private meeting where they decided to replace T'Challa with this guy?!

I like good fiction so I am not trying to troll. I would love to see an upgrade to Sam, and a change in his perspective where he evolves from the non threatening operative who plays the role of tennis ball retriever to a complex individual who is vital to the team. In EMH their Falcon sounded very much like the detective in Menace to Society and I could get behind that! But this incarnation of Sam? No. Everytime I watch him I half expect him to break out singing a Tom Jones song and dancing the "Carlton."

But to me Sam comes off as their mascot, their faithful little pet who looks at the heroes with non judging loving eyes, who not only wants to serve the fight against evil, but also needs to be loved and validated. This isn't the Get Along Gang, that show ended 30 years ago.

What the Hell marvel?

From Marvel...

"At a later point, Wilson was offered membership to the premier superhero team Avengers. However, he was uncomfortable that his presence was due largely to the government's "affirmative action" policy, and he returned to his social work almost immediately after some stern words with his fellow heroes. Despite his feelings, he has helped the Avengers on occasion as a provisional member.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/universe/Falcon_(Sam_Wilson)#ixzz3RwIzbdCJ"

I am still trying to wrap my head around as to how Sam is any use to Avengers, and now you have told me he has helped out Tony Stark many an occasion, since when has Tony needed a social worker from Harlem to help him solve complex tasks? Ok I get that this is a different universe from the 616 but we have had more than one "Sam is useful" episode on this show and it's ticking me off.

Maybe I have seen the same goody goody black character recycled over and over again during my life of watching cartoons that it is unnerving me.

They portray him as a mama's boy, a non threatening nerd, and because of this we have had to suffer watching silly stories such as the one where Sam wanted to hide his Avenger's identity from his mama. I wonder what whent on in the private meeting where they decided to replace T'Challa with this guy?!

I like good fiction so I am not trying to troll. I would love to see an upgrade to Sam, and a change in his perspective where he evolves from the non threatening operative who plays the role of tennis ball retriever to a complex individual who is vital to the team. In EMH their Falcon sounded very much like the detective in Menace to Society and I could get behind that! But this incarnation of Sam? No. Everytime I watch him I half expect him to break out singing a Tom Jones song and dancing the "Carlton."

But to me Sam comes off as their mascot, their faithful little pet who looks at the heroes with non judging loving eyes, who not only wants to serve the fight against evil, but also needs to be loved and validated. This isn't the Get Along Gang, that show ended 30 years ago.

What the Hell marvel?

This show is much more light-hearted than EMH. All of the characters have displayed goofy tendencies, including Thor and Hulk. In many ways, Sam's characterization on the show mirrors Peter Parker's on USM. Falcon is a teenager who isn't used to functioning as a part of team that often has New York or the world's fate in its hands. To young kids--which is clearly the key demo for this show--Falcon is likely the most relatable character on the show.

As to why Tony needs his help, try watching the "Nighthawk" episode (#32) where all of the Avengers were under attack from countermeasures designed by Falcon himself. This story had strong echoes of Justice League: Doom, only with Falcon being the focal point instead of Batman. Falcon's planning not only takes down all of the Avengers, he also has to outsmart himself to counteract Nighthawk's attacks. In this continuity, it seems like Tony is training Sam to one day be his replacement in leading the team.

Contrast that to Hawkeye, whose main purpose on the show seems to be lame quips that anger Black Widow and Hulk. On the episode "Mojo World", Hulk is transported to fight there. Hawkeye mistakenly brought too, and Mojo repeatedly forgets Hawkeye's name. That sums up Hawkeye's role on this show perfectly. Unlike the movie, which actually tried to make Hawkeye seem important (but still failed), AA pokes fun at the fact that Hawkeye is mostly a liability.

Last edited:
And yet in the Atlantis episode, it actually showed that Hawkeye had gotten lazy and soft as a member of the Avengers. He actually manned up and showed that he can be a badass as well.

His personality is much closer to the comics than the films. In the film, he's mr. serious assassin agent type. In the comics, he was generally the wise-cracking rogue and hotdog of the group.

Ultimate Spiderman's cartoon is ending..... Hopefully, this will too by the time Avengers 2 comes.

There is definitely season 3 of Avengers Assemble and season 4 of Ultimate Spider-Man.

The new Guardians of the Galaxy is based in the same continuity as them, you will see it in the new episode this Sunday.

This show is much more light-hearted than EMH. All of the characters have displayed goofy tendencies, including Thor and Hulk. In many ways, Sam's characterization on the show mirror's Peter Parkers on USM. Falcon is a teenager who isn't used to functioning as a part of team that often has New York or the world's fate in its hands. To young kids--which is clearly the key demo for this show--Falcon is likely the most relatable character on the show.

I get that, but if Hulk is on the team and has his own show, why can't they just include Spidey in the Avengers? Plus when Cap met Sam, Sam was already in his mid twenties, and it just further supports the negative "boy" stereotype...

As to why Tony needs his help, try watching the "Nighthawk" episode (#32) where all of the Avengers were under attack from countermeasures designed by Falcon himself. This story had strong echoes of Justice League: Doom, only with Falcon being the focal point instead of Batman. Falcon's planning not only takes down all of the Avengers, he also has to outsmart himself to counteract Nighthawk's attacks. In this continuity, it seems like Tony is training Sam to one day be his replacement in leading the team.

I loved that episode but it only made me hate Sam more. Despite the fact it was a ripoff of Kingdom Come, Sam almost compromised the team by not being upfront with them. I was secretly hoping Sam would joing up with Nightwing, but no, everything worked out for the best. And it only furthers my disdain for this show when you mentioned that Tony is training him. In 616 continuity T'challa was Cap's superior, yet in the Ultimates T'challa is being trained by Cap to someday be a hero. I already hate this show even more now.

Contrast that to Hawkeye, whose main purpose on the show seems to be lame quips that anger Black Widow and Hulk. On the episode "Mojo World", Hulk is transported to fight there. Hawkeye mistakenly brought too, and Mojo repeatedly forgets Hawkeye's name. That sums up Hawkeye's role on this show perfectly. Unlike the movie, which actually tried to make Hawkeye seem important (but still failed), AA pokes fun at the fact that Hawkeye is mostly a liability.

True, but hawkeye can hold his own alot better than Sam, and at least he has a supernatural aim. I don't know much about Hawkeye so I can't really debate you there, but he was very useful during the Termini saga in the early 90's if you read that. But I still hate Sam, he is an embarrassment. Of all the black characters they could have used they pick him.

Last edited:
Seems like we get a look at the Guardians of the Galaxy from the new animated series on this weekend's episode, with the new voice-over actors and everything.

I get that, but if Hulk is on the team and has his own show, why can't they just include Spidey in the Avengers? Plus when Cap met Sam, Sam was already in his mid twenties, and it just further supports the negative "boy" stereotype...

I loved that episode but it only made me hate Sam more. Despite the fact it was a ripoff of Kingdom Come, Sam almost compromised the team by not being upfront with them. I was secretly hoping Sam would joing up with Nightwing, but no, everything worked out for the best. And it only furthers my disdain for this show when you mentioned that Tony is training him. In 616 continuity T'challa was Cap's superior, yet in the Ultimates T'challa is being trained by Cap to someday be a hero. I already hate this show even more now.

True, but hawkeye can hold his own alot better than Sam, and at least he has a supernatural aim. I don't know much about Hawkeye so I can't really debate you there, but he was very useful during the Termini saga in the early 90's if you read that. But I still hate Sam, he is an embarrassment. Of all the black characters they could have used they pick him.

I'm not sure why Sam was chosen over other african american characters, but it's a good thing for them. The slapstick, pre-school-friendly tone of the show wouldn't do justice to an ernest character like T'Challa. Power Man is getting a similar treatment on Ultimate Spider-man, where all of the characters are naive, periodically bumbling, and dealing with silly teen problems like out-of-control science projects. With all of the current Marvel animated shows, strong character writing doesn't seem to be a priority.

Arghhh..... (that was not meant to be a pirate impression).

I'm not sure why Sam was chosen over other african american characters, but it's a good thing for them. The slapstick, pre-school-friendly tone of the show wouldn't do justice to an ernest character like T'Challa. Power Man is getting a similar treatment on Ultimate Spider-man, where all of the characters are naive, periodically bumbling, and dealing with silly teen problems like out-of-control science projects. With all of the current Marvel animated shows, strong character writing doesn't seem to be a priority.

I wish it was a priority, stop dumbing down our kids, you never know how smart or how capable they are. I was only 11 years but I understood much of the Robotech series (which was a hit despite it's serious tone and death) so that being said why can't they just reproduce the 626 stories and keep the cinematic universe separate? Am I asking too much!?

Last edited:

He was chosen because at the time he was one of the next characters to be introduced in the films.

He was chosen because at the time he was one of the next characters to be introduced in the films.

If so, it makes little sense to introduce a character in such different ways. Sam's look, age, and personality are all different in TWS. Supposedly, the whole change from EMH to AA was to reflect the MCU more closely. That's failed.

Man did they dumb Thanos down for tv. No way would he be beaten the way the Avengers beat him.

If so, it makes little sense to introduce a character in such different ways. Sam's look, age, and personality are all different in TWS. Supposedly, the whole change from EMH to AA was to reflect the MCU more closely. That's failed.

Well, it looks like you've made your point. Avengers: Assemble is a hot steaming hunk of garbage. Well, you'll get no argument from me!

There's a reason why they went with the Falcon instead of the Black Panther: Falcon is in the movies.

There's a reason why they replaced Ms. Marvel(A match for Thor or the Hulk) with Black Widow(no powers): Black Widow is in the movies.

There's a reason why Hawkeye sucks: He was given almost no scree time in the movies.

There's a reason why Iron Man is the leader and not Cap: iron Man is everyone's favorite hero and most marketable character.

It all sums down to this: Marvel Animation is one massive advertisement campaign for the movies and to help sell toys. It's the reason why there is next to no characterization(they're caricatures, not characters), ****** voice acting, and bad storytelling. It's a shame really. Avengers: EMH was entering its prime. It could have became as classic as they X-Men series in the 90s.

Man did they dumb Thanos down for tv. No way would he be beaten the way the Avengers beat him.

If they are featuring Rhanos on every other episode, then they've already ruined the character.

Agreed. Also, no way would Thanos travel all that way alone with NO ONE on his ship. Nothing. Where's the Chitauri?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"