Endgame Avengers: Endgame Box Office (Poll is for second film only)

Yeah, I keep thinking about that. As a franchise, the four Avengers films have grossed a staggering $7.764 billion worldwide. That is an utterly amazing total. Seven years ago, before The Avengers came out, none of us in our wildest dresms would have imagined how Earth's Mightiest Heroes would come to dominate popular culture. What Kevin Feige and his team have accomplished is simply incredible.
As unbelievably impressive the combo of IW/EG turned out to be, the first Avengers will always be the ''Where in the World did that came from?!?!'' box office run.

The phase one films averaged $458 million with the high point being Iron Man 2 with $623 million. Except the first Iron Man, none of the films had a great reception and Iron Man 2 was both a critical and a box office disappointment at the time. It made only $38 million more than the first Worldwide and it declined domestically. For a comparison, TDK jumped from $372 to $1B.

And then Boom!, out of nowhere $207 million opening weekend, great WOM and a fantastic overseas showing. It did $900 million overseas while the previous high was $311 million that Iron Man 2 made. Triple!

Considering how many excellent and very different films the MCU made from 2012 until Infinity War, coupled with Thanos' arrival, that box office run makes a lot of sense. Endgame, a finale of a 22-film saga AND living up to the hype also makes the Worldwide record understandable.

But the first Avengers? That still boggles my mind!

h076F99AD

Gunn is making Suicide Squad first, and that production was all planned out before he resigned with Disney, so he wouldn't have time to make Guardians 3 for phase 4.
True. It was originally planned for next year (before Gunn was initially removed), which is why we're only getting 2 releases.

Just came across this gem.

The genuine silliness of Marvel fans treating this as a sporting event, where they are desperate for their preferred team to take the trophy despite having no concrete investment in the outcome, is amusing and a little disturbing. And, yes, the mainstreaming of geek pop culture and the tendency for folks to define themselves by what pop culture they love is part of why fandom, toxic or otherwise, has become so problematic in the Internet era.

Don’t see why when people cheer for one sports team over another even the results have zero impact on them it’s total okay while people cheer for one movie or franchise to outdo another is a subject of mockery? I haven’t read that movie/comics fans resorted to violence and vandalism because their team didn’t win, unlike say, quite some soccer fans across Europe? Who is sillier and more problematic and disturbing now?

Don’t see why when people cheer for one sports team over another even the results have zero impact on them it’s total okay while people cheer for one movie or franchise to outdo another is a subject of mockery? I haven’t read that movie/comics fans resorted to violence and vandalism because their team didn’t win, unlike say, quite some soccer fans across Europe? Who is sillier and more problematic and disturbing now?
Silly? Sure.
Amusing? Thankfully.
Disturbing? Does not apply, especially no in this thread.

Yeah, I keep thinking about that. As a franchise, the four Avengers films have grossed a staggering $7.764 billion worldwide. That is an utterly amazing total. Seven years ago, before The Avengers came out, none of us in our wildest dresms would have imagined how Earth's Mightiest Heroes would come to dominate popular culture. What Kevin Feige and his team have accomplished is simply incredible.
You can safely bet money that no other franchise can average a staggering $1943 million from 4 movies. EAZY.

What is going to be no.10? Does Eternals have a chance?
At this point any of them. My personal bet would be Doctor Strange 2.

Doctor Strange 2 or Thor 4, I think is the next bet.
Probably the 2 best bets.

As in Guardians 3? That will probably come out soon after Phase 4. I can definitely see that doing a billion too.
Yes very likely. No way its doing less than $750 mil.

Same although if Shang-Chi is a commercial success in China then all bets are off.
It can still do $300 mil in China (which will be huge) and $675 mil from the rest of the World and barely miss the billion dollar mark.

Any chance it will break $2.8 billion?
Yes. Quite likely.

------------------------------------

Black Widow = $625 mil WW , Ant-Man 2 levels of boxoffice.
Shang-Chi = $550-750 mil WW depending how big China is.
Doctor Strange 2 = $700-1000 mil WW , most likely will improve over the 1st one.
Thor 4 = $750-1100 mil WW depending on how good it is.
Eternals = $775 mil WW , GotG1 levels of boxoffice.

As unbelievably impressive the combo of IW/EG turned out to be, the first Avengers will always be the ''Where in the World did that came from?!?!'' box office run.

The phase one films averaged $458 million with the high point being Iron Man 2 with $623 million. Except the first Iron Man, none of the films had a great reception and Iron Man 2 was both a critical and a box office disappointment at the time. It made only $38 million more than the first Worldwide and it declined domestically. For a comparison, TDK jumped from $372 to $1B.

And then Boom!, out of nowhere $207 million opening weekend, great WOM and a fantastic overseas showing. It did $900 million overseas while the previous high was $311 million that Iron Man 2 made. Triple!

Considering how many excellent and very different films the MCU made from 2012 until Infinity War, coupled with Thanos' arrival, that box office run makes a lot of sense. Endgame, a finale of a 22-film saga AND living up to the hype also makes the Worldwide record understandable.

But the first Avengers? That still boggles my mind!
Yeah. That movie was definitely a game changer. Not only that, but the subsequent solo efforts that came out greatly benefited from the first Avengers movie. The build up to that movie and the marketing was other worldly. The Iron Man credits scene was a jaw dropper for me. I was like holy Frell. I can’t believe this is going to happen.

Where did you get this from?

It really is no different than fans cheering a sports team. Actually at least fans of Endgame can say they contributed to the win with their dollars whereas sports fans aren’t actually on the field.

Just saw it on the internet.

Since 1975 the biggest movie has always been Spielberg, Lucas, or Cameron. And now it's the guys who did "You, Me, and Dupree".

Before he invented the summer blockbuster with Jaws, Steven Spielberg's best-known work was in TV. He directed the first Columbo TV movie, which was excellent. Spielberg also filmed the incredibly suspenseful TV movie Duel, starring Dennis Weaver as a man being chased by a semi-truck on a desolate highway. (Seriously, track Duel down and watch it if you can. It was a great thriller.)

Spielberg also directed Sugarland Express before Jaws; it was well-regarded but not a hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"