• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Endgame Avengers: Endgame Box Office (Poll is for second film only)

The appeal of this movie is just crazy. I know when I saw for the second time with my family they really enjoyed it, especially my mom and she has only seen like two of the other MCU films. I honestly think this is an easier film to enjoy for the casuals than IW which is so action heavy and just throws a bunch of stuff at you from start to finish. It was honestly even a little overwhelming for me the first time I saw it even though the movie overall moves at such a great pace.

8QuW.gif

I remember when I could do multiple viewings...in the before time...in the long long ago...

Back in the '90s, I would sometimes watch two or three films in a row at the theater. And if a movie was really good, I'd go to see it so many times I lost count. Nowadays, two in a row is my max, but with Endgame I can only see it once in a day and I'm emotionally wrung-out and exhausted. :waa:

Now that most theaters have power recliners, it's easier for me to sit for hours, however. Some of my friends complain that the seats are too comfy and they'll fall asleep in the middle of a movie. The perils of aging. o_O The AMC IMAX seats don't cause that problem, though. They're old, cramped and have about two inches of legroom for an average height person. We were squashed in there like sardines, and the whole row had to vacate their seats just to let one person leave for a potty break. :cmad:

Weird, I didn't see it in the foreign numbers section at boxofficemojo. Maybe I skimmed too quickly.
That section is often delayed and not up to date, just FYI.

I think BOM updates it's international numbers on Mondays.

Tuesday update from Rth:

34.5m

TFA made 37m, EG is pretty much keeping pace despite TFA having the holidays boost. More and more it seems likely that it will beat TFA's domestic.
It seems like it will only lose a relatively small amount to TFA during the weekdays this week. Nothing compared to the huge lead it has from OW and according to early estimates it could even increase that lead by a fair amount on 2nd weekend, and from there by projection it should also at least match TFA's great 3rd weekend. The 2nd week's weekdays are really strong for TFA so it will inevitably suffer there but it seems like at the end of the 3rd weekend EG will still be in the lead and after that TFA's numbers normalise. This is a great sign for beating TFA overall and even for mounting a crazy shot at a billion domestic. So lets just hope that the second weekend numbers estimated are realistic as it pretty much all depends on that.

Weird, I didn't see it in the foreign numbers section at boxofficemojo. Maybe I skimmed too quickly.

Japanese box office for Endgame from BOT: ¥445,000,000 ($4.0 million), 0, ¥2,470,000,000 ($22.2 million), Avengers: Endgame (Disney) Day 05

Check BOT's International Box Office forum for up-to-date numbers for most countries. Well-informed posters provide the totals regularly, unlike Box Office Mojo, which hasn't been the same since whoever took it over a few years ago.

I saw a few pages back about Russia how does its numbers there compare to how it started there for IW?

Ah, nice to see you here mate! You sure you’re not going to hang around? I loved seeing all your analysis in the past.

I might stop by a couple times but I've got a lot of other things going on atm(good things don't worry :)) so I probably won't be on much.

For now I'm just sitting back and enjoying the box office fireworks :word:

I might stop by a couple times but I've got a lot of other things going on atm(good things don't worry :)) so I probably won't be on much.

For now I'm just sitting back and enjoying the box office fireworks :word:
Oh right, good to know. :up:

Yes, I can’t believe how amazing it’s been. Absolutely destroyed every prediction lol. :cwink:

That article is from a few weeks before EG was released, when it was still considered "impossible" that EG would crack 300m, let alone 350m. Let me reiterate, Star Wars has zero chance of beating EG at the boxoffice, absolute zero. It also has an under 50% chance of beating The Lion King.

Oh thanks. I wasn't paying attention to the date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"