The Avengers Avengers Score : Singular, Or Multiple Composer?

The score for the Avengers was mediocre. I don't even remember it. The last films where the score still sticks in my head was Abrams Star Trek, Inception, and Superman Returns.

The only reason you remember Superman Returns was because they recycled John Williams' 1970's original theme.

I am tired of people hating on ottman's score. Williams theme or not, I loved Superman Returns score. It's got some great music, and is one of the most underrated superhero scores ever.

It's really good and all that but all he had to do was work from one of the greatest scores already ever made.

I think the Avengers had the most memorable score of of the avengers related films, not that it has much competition in that regard.

I really wish these characters had identifiable cues going into this film.

At least Tony Stark knows the value of music in making an entrance.

I think the Avengers had the most memorable score of of the avengers related films, not that it has much competition in that regard.

This.

I'm not into any of Marvel Studios others scores, but I was really into The Avengers score. It had a motif for it. Iron Man has one, but it's not really that memorable.

I think I'm honestly the only person EVER who enjoyed all of MS movie scores. :funny:

Captain America has a very identifable cue, and a very memorable score. Silvestri even used bits of it here and there in The Avengers. Cap's score is far more memorable than the Avengers.

I found myself disappointed by Sylvestri's score in Cap, personally. Cap has a motif, but I think it's underwhelming and found Sylvestri's Avengers score superior.

If you pay attention, all of the characters had their own sub-themes. The Black Widow's theme is particularly poignant, drawing inspiration from Russian music, heavy on strings and in a somber minor key. Natasha's theme picks up in the scene with Loki (track Red Ledger) and repeats several times, culminating with her hijacking the Chitauri vehicle (tracks I've Got A Ride and A Little Help).

The more I listen to the Avengers soundtrack the more I think parts of it seem like it should be a JLA soundtrack instead. Some of it is reminiscent of the first two seasons of the Justice League cartoon.

Can someone answer this:

Has the beginning of "A Promise" Track #17 been heard in ANY other film before in a scene very similar to the one it was used in The Avengers (the Central Park/news footage scenes) that guitar riff is VERY familiar.... I can't place it.

ANYONE?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q65nUbVbJ3M

-R

Can someone answer this:

Has the beginning of "A Promise" Track #17 been heard in ANY other film before in a scene very similar to the one it was used in The Avengers (the Central Park/news footage scenes) that guitar riff is VERY familiar.... I can't place it.

It was probably tracked with "Love," David Newman's cue from Serenity. I noticed Silvestri following the temp track again with "The Helicarrier," where you can hear clear influences of Henry Jackman's X-Men: First Class' theme.

Silvestri admits in the interview that all directors use temp tracks nowadays, and that if they're used correctly "they can be productive instruments" or if not, "they're instruments of death."

It was probably tracked with "Love," David Newman's cue from Serenity. I noticed Silvestri following the temp track again with "The Helicarrier," where you can hear clear influences of Henry Jackman's X-Men: First Class' theme.

Silvestri admits in the interview that all directors use temp tracks nowadays, and that if they're used correctly "they can be productive instruments" or if not, "they're instruments of death."

Funny you should mention Silvestri's Avengers sounding like Jackman's XM:FC b/c the main theme in XM:FC sounds like Silvestri's main theme in GI Joe:ROC, imo. Maybe that's why Jackman was hired to score GI Joe :Retaliation.

Having listened to all the MCU scores, I'drate them like this:

1.The Incredilbe Hulk
2.Iron Man 2
3.Iron Man
4.Thor
5.Avengers
6.Cap

Silvestri's work really doesn't do it for me anymore.

Having listened to all the MCU scores, I'drate them like this:

1.The Incredilbe Hulk
2.Iron Man 2
3.Iron Man
4.Thor
5.Avengers
6.Cap

Silvestri's work really doesn't do it for me anymore.

You serious? For me it's:
1. Avengers
2. Captain America
3. Thor
4. Iron Man
5. The Incredible Hulk
6. Iron Man 2

That opening paragraph to the review was disgusting, should I even read the rest?

Seriously, WTF?

Also since I got to watch the marathon and I rewatched all the movies back to back, I did pay more attention to the music this time. Incredible Hulk and Thor did have some good pieces of music. The chase sequence in Hulk had a good little kind of theme going on. There just wasn't enough of it in either movie to me.

You serious? For me it's:
1. Avengers
2. Captain America
3. Thor
4. Iron Man
5. The Incredible Hulk
6. Iron Man 2

Our tastes are so different it's funny! We're almost on the opposite spectrum!

What is up with the opening of that review? "Hapless liberal" OWS protestors shouldn't watch Marvel movies because MerrillLynch helped finance them? Er, what does that have to do with reviewing the score?

That opening paragraph to the review was disgusting, should I even read the rest?

Seriously, WTF?

Also since I got to watch the marathon and I rewatched all the movies back to back, I did pay more attention to the music this time. Incredible Hulk and Thor did have some good pieces of music. The chase sequence in Hulk had a good little kind of theme going on. There just wasn't enough of it in either movie to me.

Yeah when I read the first paragraph I just rolled my eyes. I think the site or the reviewer supports liberals and at one time ask for donations to support 'em. Don't take my word for it. B/c I'm not really positive on that. I might be wrong. But yeah he needs to keep his political views to himself and just review the score. I find most of his reviews a mix bag anyways. I only put this review up b/c he made a review of the score. I kind of share a similar opinion on the score eventhough I haven't heard it seperate from the film yet. Sorry about that. Wasn't trying to stir anything up by posting that review.

The score for the Avengers was mediocre. I don't even remember it. The last films where the score still sticks in my head was Abrams Star Trek, Inception, and Superman Returns.

I agree with you on the first part... I just felt like it needed to be bigger... i don't know just cant put my finger on it.... and i really enjoyed the Inception soundtrack along with star trek... superman, not so much

my ranking
1. The Avengers
2. Captain America
3. Iron Man
4. Thor
5. Hulk
6. IM2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"