The Walking Dead Aw, Hell Nah - IT'S THE T-DOG THREAD!

220px-The_Simpsons_4F12.png

Carl and Rick meet T-Dog.

I wonder how Maury is gonna let everyone know that Lori is carrying T-Dog's baby.

I could envision that conversation going like this:

Rick: "Lori, how am I supposed to handle this? You slept with my best friend and now I find out that slept with T-Dog, too?"

Lori: "Oh, I'm so sorry."

Rick: "How many more were there, huh?"

Lori: "Just Daryl and Dale."

Rick: "You gotta be kiddin' me!"

Lori: " Oh yeah...and Randall."

I could envision that conversation going like this:

Rick: "Lori, how am I supposed to handle this? You slept with my best friend and now I find out that slept with T-Dog, too?"

Lori: "Oh, I'm so sorry."

Rick: "How many more were there, huh?"

Lori: "Just Daryl and Dale."

Rick: "You gotta be kiddin' me!"

Lori: " Oh yeah...and Randall."

LMFAO !!!!!!!!!:lmao::lmao:

Lol, was Randall the tied up kid in the shed lol. Wow Lori got around lmao.

Wow, that's assuming a lot from a simple glance back. T-Dog's a contemplative guy, but he has his limits. Other than Rick being armed, why in the world would T-Dog be afraid of him or anyone else in the group?

I think everyone would be happier with the character if they stopped judging him by Tyreese standards. We've been promised some revelations about T-Dog and I'm quite interested to see the direction of the character.

What standards exactly are we supposed to judge him by? And I would make a leap that a lot of the critics of T-Dog's lack of characterization, across the internet, have not all read the books and would know who Tyrese is.

I think his lack of character development this far in, the fact that he is still being called "T-Dog", I can't remember if he's ever been called anything else, is pretty telling that the show has little idea what to do with him besides using him as wall paper.

We'll see what becomes of these 'promises' but I'm not holding my breath, especially since Michonne has shown up on the show. And having two black characters might be too much for this show to juggle.

Then again, if both are relatively silent (which happened in season one with T-Dog and the woman; though to be fair not with Lennie James and his son), then maybe they will keep T-Dog on the show since his tokenism has become something of a running joke.

What does it matter if they call him T-Dog?

It adds to his irrelevance IMO. He's a token black guy with a hip-hop or 'hood sounding nickname. If it isn't stereotypical, there's something dismissive or lazy about it.

Why doesn't anyone call him by his real name? Is he really insisting on everyone calling him T-Dog? (Why? It doesn't appear like his character insists on much of anything).

Where did he come from? What was he doing before the virus hit? What happened to his family? Was he married? Did he have a girlfriend? A boyfriend? Kids? (Maybe some of that stuff has been discussed, but I've seen most episodes and it hasn't come up in any that I've seen). Even his AMC bio is scant.

His nickname and his lack of characterization highlight his lack of three dimensionality, his lack of full humanity as a character.

Before someone gripes or scoffs, I'm not asking for a T-Dog show, but more glimpses into who he was before the plague and the person he is now are long past due.

Well the good news is no more tired T-Dog jokes

[blackout]Pour some out for our homie.[/blackout] :csad:

He wasn't the character we deserved....

I don't wanna hear any of you mother****ers talk disparagingly about [blackout]T-Dog[/blackout] ever again. I'm not kidding. I'll ****ing cut you. :cmad:

That young man had the heart of a hero.... :csad:
^What he said.

Dude, went out like a G!!! Talk about [BLACKOUT]a heroic sacrifice[/BLACKOUT]. T-Dog redeemed himself or rather the writers redeemed themselves for not developing his character by [BLACKOUT]giving him a nice exit episode and death[/BLACKOUT]

I mean I knew he was going to go by all the lines they gave him, but man am I impressed the way they did it. [BLACKOUT]It was even sad when he got bit.[/BLACKOUT]

I had to laugh at T-Dog tonight because I immediately thought of reading this thread yesterday.

T-Dog had what mattered on the inside. And we totally got to see his insides all over the floor there at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"