The Walking Dead Aw, Hell Nah - IT'S THE T-DOG THREAD!

Good way for T-Dawg to go out, he's no mother****ing coward that's for sure. :o

Before it all came down, the extra lines and looks he was giving Rick and every body I thought for a moment he was teaming up with the prisoners. I am glad he didn't and he did have the most heroic death so far.

RIP T-Dog, maybe god will give you some more lines.

350662-big_boss_salute_super.jpg

I still think one of the most awkward/funny moments in the whole show was when Jeffrey DeMunn/Dale called him T-Dog all sincerely when he was dying from blood poisoning.

Alas, I will miss T-Dog. I was a fan of the character from the beginning and it was probably easier to like him because I didn't watch season 1 or 2 on air, but back to back in a span of 2-3 days so I never really noticed his absence. RIP Theodore Douglas

RIP T-Dog, but it's kind of sad that the episode where we probably saw the most character development for him was the one where he also happened to get killed. I never really thought of him as the compassionate sort or the type of guy who would sacrifice himself to save someone else... good to know they cleared that up before he got his throat ripped out!

Keep in mind he had already been bitten when he decided to bum rush the walkers to save Carol. He was basically dead at that point anyway. I'd have to think he'd have called a different play had he not been bitten already.

Regardless, still good of him to take one for the team.

RIP T-Dog, but it's kind of sad that the episode where we probably saw the most character development for him was the one where he also happened to get killed. I never really thought of him as the compassionate sort or the type of guy who would sacrifice himself to save someone else... good to know they cleared that up before he got his throat ripped out!

Well once he was bit, it was over. He had maybe an hour left to live. He can either wait and be zombiefied, or do something useful with his final minutes / hours.

The way he dies does bother me a bit though. A guy in good shape could probably physically fend off two rotting zombies. Instead he just sort of lets them devour him.

The reason they avoid melee with zombies is because they can be bit or scratched or otherwise infected. But if you're already infected you can just beat the crap out of them with your bare hands.

As soon as he had more than a few lines of dialogue and the black convict guy showed up you knew T-Dog was a dead man walking.

Atleast T-Dog went out like a boss.

It's like Highlander. There can be only one... black guy on the show.

Besides the fact that this season had T-Dog, Oscar, Tiny, Andrew, and Shupert. And Oscar and Shupert are still alive.

Don't forget about Morgan and Duane.

Keep in mind he had already been bitten when he decided to bum rush the walkers to save Carol. He was basically dead at that point anyway. I'd have to think he'd have called a different play had he not been bitten already.

Regardless, still good of him to take one for the team.

That's true, but still... it took balls. I mean, even if you know you're going to die, most people wouldn't want to take the most painful route possible.

I agree with those that felt it was a shame that T-Dog's best character moments came in his death episode. The writers couldn't even let T-Dog's death be the most shocking or important thing in the episode. T-Dog has become the Rodney Dangerfield of zombie media.

LOL there can be only one....black guy per survival group lol. I wonder if the same holds up for Asians, seeing as how each group has a Glen lol.

If I were the actor playing Glen I would have been sweating bullets as soon as I saw the other Asian role up on set LOL.

"Aww man, another Asian?!" "Hey, buddy what part you reading for?" "Not sure Asian guy that gets sent on missions by in charge white guy" "D*mn it, I'm toast" lol.

Racism is alive and well in television.

Hell, reality is more diverse than television. Not reality shows of course (just look at the Bachelor...).

Racism is alive and well in television.

Hell, reality is more diverse than television. Not reality shows of course (just look at the Bachelor...).

LOL....agreed. However, I don't think it's always necessarily racism at least when it comes to TWD. I think it's more of a sensitivity to characters of special and specific groups.

I don't find it to be racist that T-Dog died or that as one black is introduced or 2 that one has to go. However, I do think that it could be called racist or better yet insensitive that he wasn't developed more earlier on.

Yeah, I just think they had some plans for him when they were doing season 1 when Frank was around, but after Frank left they just didn't know what to do with him.

I don't know. There's one black character in the main group... wait, there were two, but the lady (don't remember her name) died, before she really could get any development.

So there's T-Dog... whose only real moment of characterization is lamenting the fact that he is the only black guy in the group (no one can accuse him of not being genre savvy). No backstory. No family. Nothing.

T-Dog, spends the next two seasons in the back, not doing anything of note. Practically an extra. Then he dies rather unceremoniously (his death is a minor footnote to Lori's).

Well, now we got a new black guy, let's see what they do with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"