Aynone else kinda done with Jackman's Wolverine?

Unenjoyable for people with their heads completely up their own asses maybe. Real fans (not those whinny online imposters who can't let go of their own warped preconceptions) enjoyed this movie very much.

The people with their heads up their butss are the ones who think any of the 4 Jackman movies accurately or effectively protray what made Wolverine such a popular comic character.

This is how i see it if Jackman had portrayed Wolverine really like an animal like he was in the beginning of x men 1.Had the movie been really gritty and dark in tone i would of loved it and really would of rebooted the franchise to another level.Instead he was too nice x men 3 levels of nice and the movie was just too pretty and neat weapon x was not colorful and pretty.

Don't get me wrong i think the movie was still decent but Wolverine should not have been an action movie period it should have been much more.

Also guys i always wonder what Zach Snyder's Wolverine would of been like because Fox and Jackman offered Snyder the Job to direct it before Gavin hood. Zach wanted it rated R and they said no but it would of been interesting to see what he would do.Also we would not of got watchmen so i am grateful but intrigued what he would done at the same time.

Last edited:
Again, folks, quit putting words in my mouth.
I never said anything about Wolverine being protrayed with an ugly actor...
Um... I never actually said that you said that. I was talking about common complaints that people have for Hugh Jackman not looking like Wolverine.

Hugh Jackman has probably been one of the best actors to portray a superhero/super villain(Patrick Steward-Xavier, Christopher Reeves-Superman, Robert Downey Jr-Iron Man etc etc) and I enjoy him playing the character.

I don't think that he is getting soft but the writing might be. He only going to turn 41 later this year and he's been a great Wolverine the past 10 years. I see him portraying Wolverine at least one more time, two more at tops.

This is how i see it if Jackman had portrayed Wolverine really like an animal like he was in the beginning of x men 1.Had the movie been really gritty and dark in tone i would of loved it and really would of rebooted the franchise to another level.Instead he was too nice x men 3 levels of nice and the movie was just too pretty and neat weapon x was not colorful and pretty.

Don't get me wrong i think the movie was still decent but Wolverine should not have been an action movie period it should have been much more.

Also guys i always wonder what Zach Snyder's Wolverine would of been like because Fox and Jackman offered Snyder the Job to direct it before Gavin hood. Zach wanted it rated R and they said no butit would of been interesting to see what he would do.Also we would not of got watchmen so i am grateful but intrigued what he would done at the same time.

Right on.
Was there even any blood in the movie? I can't really remember seeing any.
I figured the adamantium bonding process should have been just plain bloody. Imagine how much more suspenseful it would have been if as soon as those needle/drill things went into his body, he would have stated bleeding profusely. The tank gets so much blood in the water that it becomes opaque. The flatline heart monitor and the opaque blood filled tank, and Wolverine only popping up after Stryker gives the execution order. I mean, how much suspense were they going to build with that scene? We know he survives in one way or another, as this is a prequel to the other movies.

Jackman is a good Wolverine when he's written properly. He was great in X1, I still liked him in X2, in X3 and Origins I couldn't care less for him.

just get the Singer/Hayter/Doughtry/ Team back imo and the movies will be very different

Unenjoyable for people with their heads completely up their own asses maybe. Real fans (not those whinny online imposters who can't let go of their own warped preconceptions) enjoyed this movie very much.
ohhhh the classic ''real fans '' post.

:hehe:

Um... I never actually said that you said that. I was talking about common complaints that people have for Hugh Jackman not looking like Wolverine.

Show me the quote where I said that the actor needed to be ugly. You mentioned if first, and then I quoted you.
The only thing I said was that he didn't have the right face. His face is too thin and his nose too pointy to wear those mutton chops he wears. The more I think about, as a matter of fact, the more I think that Jackman was competely wrong for the role. He did alright with what he was given, and the most comic-accurate of all the movies was his first 20 minutes of X1, but as Jackman assumed more and more control of the movies and his character, he got softer and softer, which means he didn't understand the character, and what the fans of the comics like about the character. So yeah, he was and is wrong for the role, but he did ok with what he had.

Everyone here needs to go read that 1994 script. That is truly a comic Wolverine. I just read another DR scene, where they are playing a type of "capture the flag" game. Cyclops beats Wolverine to the flag by a second. Wolverine offers to shake Cyclops' hand in a gesture of sportsmanship, but instead punches Cyclops when he takes the bait. Wolverine picks up the flag, and the end-of-game bell sounds. Wolverine wins.
That, my friends is Wolverine.

Last edited:
Right on.
Was there even any blood in the movie? I can't really remember seeing any.
I figured the adamantium bonding process should have been just plain bloody. Imagine how much more suspenseful it would have been if as soon as those needle/drill things went into his body, he would have stated bleeding profusely. The tank gets so much blood in the water that it becomes opaque. The flatline heart monitor and the opaque blood filled tank, and Wolverine only popping up after Stryker gives the execution order. I mean, how much suspense were they going to build with that scene? We know he survives in one way or another, as this is a prequel to the other movies.

totally agree how great would a blood filled tank be on film with stryker telling doctor's to take Logan out because he suspects he is dead then he pops out and slashes them with blood going everywhere

Show me the quote where I said that the actor needed to be ugly. You mentioned if first, and then I quoted you.
The only thing I said was that he didn't have the right face. His face is too thin and his nose too pointy to wear those mutton chops he wears. The more I think about, as a matter of fact, the more I think that Jackman was competely wrong for the role. He did alright with what he was given, and the most comic-accurate of all the movies was his first 20 minutes of X1, but as Jackman assumed more and more control of the movies and his character, he got softer and softer, which means he didn't understand the character, and what the fans of the comics like about the character. So yeah, he was and is wrong for the role, but he did ok with what he had.
You are determined to pick a fight, aren't you? Okay.
Once again, I never said that you said he was too good-looking. I just said that this is one of the common complaints that people have for his not looking like Wolverine.
And your argument for Hugh Jackman not being right for the role is the fault of the writers. This can be fixed. Getting rid of Hugh Jackman will not fix this. And saying that he cannot wear mutton chops? That's just nitpicking, no offense.

smh @ people still complaining about the height. Get over it, there is plenty of comics with a short Wolverine, have fun reading 'em

Its rare to have a guy like Hugh, who is so into the characters and loves it so much, i would hate to have another Wolverine except for him. He just digs it so much.

After this turd, Jackman might be done with Jackman's Wolverine.

You are determined to pick a fight, aren't you? Okay.
Once again, I never said that you said he was too good-looking. I just said that this is one of the common complaints that people have for his not looking like Wolverine.
And your argument for Hugh Jackman not being right for the role is the fault of the writers. This can be fixed. Getting rid of Hugh Jackman will not fix this. And saying that he cannot wear mutton chops? That's just nitpicking, no offense.

You're determined to loose a fight. Again, this ran off the rails when you stated that the actor didn't need to be short and ugly. You mentioned the ugly thing first. Find the quote where I said that, and I will admit you are right.
And no, Jackman is everything that is wrong with the movie character at this point...:applaud
Again, as the X trilogy progressed, and now the evolution of the "Originsj" movie, Jackman has had more and more control of the story, writing, and character(s). Notice how the trilogy and now the "Origins" movie have strayed further and further from the real character of Wolverine. Therefore, Jackman is wrong for the role, as he apparently doesn't have a solid concept of what the comic book Wolverine fans find so appealing about the character. As Jackman's involvement has gone up, the comic accurateness of the character has gone down.
Therefore, he is wrong for the role.
Yes, Jackman has presented the world with a watered down Wolverine that the ma$$e$ like and spend money on, and that is all fine and dandy, but there are some of us who want to see the comic book Wolverine on teh screen, and haven't gotten it yet.

Its rare to have a guy like Hugh, who is so into the characters and loves it so much, i would hate to have another Wolverine except for him. He just digs it so much.

It's great that he likes the character so much. Too bad he forgot who Wolverine is.

It's also to bad that most of you guys on this board just find negatives in everything.

Idk, maybe its just me, but everytime i come into this forum/site it gets worse and worse. Its just easier i guess, to sit back watch a movie and not nit pick it to death. The only real complaint you can have of the entire film is how Deadpool looks at the end...other than that? Nothing to big.

Oh and here is a newflash for all you kids, Fox isn't to blame for everything! OH NO!!

It's great that he likes the character so much. Too bad he forgot who Wolverine is.

Yeah, Jackman likes Jackman's version of Wolverine, not Marvel's version.
Don't get me wrong. I like him as an actor, and I am one of those pushing for him to portray Harry Callahan's son in a re-lauch of the Dirty Harry movies. His resemblance to a young Clint Eastwood is just uncanny.

Hugh Jackman won't be recast now. He's Wolverine and has been for 4 movies and nearly a decade. The public won't buy it.

You're determined to loose a fight. Again, this ran off the rails when you stated that the actor didn't need to be short and ugly. You mentioned the ugly thing first. Find the quote where I said that, and I will admit you are right.
And no, Jackman is everything that is wrong with the movie character at this point...:applaud
Are you even reading my posts? I never said that you said that. For the millionth time.
You know what? This is so silly. And your line saying that Hugh is all that is wrong with Wolverine's betrays you as one of those fanboys who seem to feel that Wolverine is for them and no one else. If you can't see past your rather small gripes with the character to see that Hugh Jackman is actually a pretty decent Wolverine, then I see no point in continuing this.

No, I'm not done with Jackman, but I'm completely done with FOX.

Are you even reading my posts? I never said that you said that. For the millionth time.
You know what? This is so silly. And your line saying that Hugh is all that is wrong with Wolverine's betrays you as one of those fanboys who seem to feel that Wolverine is for them and no one else. If you can't see past your rather small gripes with the character to see that Hugh Jackman is actually a pretty decent Wolverine, then I see no point in continuing this.

Ok. I win.
However, my "small gripes" to you are major concerns to me. Jackman is simply creating his version of Wolverine, not the Wolverine that was Marvel's most popular character for decades before Jackman got his hands on it. Wolverine was popular for a reason, and Jackman aint it.

I voted "Yes".

But that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy Hugh's performance in X1 and X2 (I actually thought he did a spectacular job).

Like Electrix said I don't see him getting casted for another X-Men movie involving Wolverine.

I'm just hoping for Marvel to get a hold of their rights somehow or if Fox decides to strike a deal with Marvel where they take care of the production process while Fox just distributes.

No, I'm not done with Jackman, but I'm completely done with FOX.

:up:

This is like saying they should replace Stewart as Xavier. It's too perfect, I can't see anyone else doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"