The Dark Knight Rises Bane vs Batman from BB and TDK

Bane Cook

Civilian
Reaction score
This question popped up in my head today. Who do you think would win if the Batman from Batman Begins and The Dark Knight met with Bane?

Pretty sure there was a thread on this already, or it was already discussed in one of the TDKR official discussion threads.

Maybe this thread will be shut down, but incase it isn't...

It's an interesting question. End of Begins going into TDK, that Batman would have still been challenged quite a bit by Bane but i think he would find a way to take him. That Batman would have got his ass kicked but it would have been like the second fight in Rises. A longer battle but he would of came out on top.

I think BB Batman would destroy Bane and leave him to die in puddle of his own Venom juice quipping "I won't kill ya, but I won't save ya either" as he leaves. TDK Batman would destroy Bane even quicker but will kindly plug his tubes back in after he beats the hell out of him. Allowing Bane to play his wild card which would end with Batman having to take the fall for something.

Haha! Nah, he wouldnt destroy Bane. He'd beat him MUCH quicker but not destroy him.

BB and TDK Bruce didn't have anything to prove to himself, or anyone. In TDKR Bruce is in a real bad state of mine and body. Not only does he have the need for a purpose in his life, which to him is being Batman, but he also feels Alfred doesn't believe he can do it anymore. Bruce feeling he had nothing to live for didn't help his case either.

But like a few have said before, Bane only defeats Batman with a handicap. BB and TDK Batman wouldn't have had a handicap, so either one of those version's of Batman would beat Bane. I don't think he'd run through Bane, but he would definitely dispatch of him quicker than in there second encounter in TDKR.

Its my opinion that the only reason that Bane was able to beat Batman was because Bats was older, and out of practice. Which is almost the same thing he was in the Comics when Bane beat him. Every time when a fully functioning Batman went up against Bane he beat him. There is really nothing special about Bane. He was just there at the right time in Batmans career.
Besides, a guy in full head to toe state of the art body armor including his head in a physical fight against a guy with a vest and an Achilles heal of a mask thats just begging Batman to exploit... Batman almost every time...

I think Batman during his peak would have beaten Bane or fought to a standstill. Bane's victory the first time they fought was heavily influenced by Bruce's physical and mental state of mind, in fact this is probably a big reason why Bane chooses to attack Gotham and Bruce when he does.

The Batman of yesteryear likely wouldn't have even gotten trapped in the sewer with Bane in the first place. He would not have trusted Selina Kyle so easily and likely not had the arrogance to think Bane would be no match for him.

I think BB/TDK Batman would have the advantage of speed. During both fights Bane moves a bit slow. In the first one he wasn't even trying that hard; at city hall he was much fiercer, but still a bit tank-like.

If we are going back 7-8 years. How long would Bane have had the Venom? How much of a threat has he been becoming the legend he has become? I also believe Bane only won because of Batman being out of shape and done mentally. I'm not saying it would be easy but Batman would take this fight in his prime vs Bane prime.

Batman didn't use his gadgets enough in any of the movies to help him fight, though. I don't know why, though guess he never had to.

...This thread reminds me of just how impressive Batman seemed in BB.

He truly came off as a creature of the night, like a ferocious beast. I would've liked to have seen BB Bats interact with Joker and Bane.

Yeah. Joker and Bane wouldn't know which of Bats elbows and knees hit where, like we didn't. It would all be a blur and they would be down.

...This thread reminds me of just how impressive Batman seemed in BB.

He truly came off as a creature of the night, like a ferocious beast. I would've liked to have seen BB Bats interact with Joker and Bane.

I missed that alot in TDK and Rises.

Unlike most here, I think it would've been a pretty close fight. Batman, while on the top of his game, would still be pushed because none of his theatrics would work on Bane. In TDKR, part of his failure is due to his death-wish, the other due to his poor-judgement about how strong he and his opponent were. In Batman Begins I'm gonna say the fight would be closer because he's still discovering himself, he makes mistakes.

The Dark Knight was him at his prime, and that's where he'd have his greatest advantage. He'd still have to be smarter and more calculating about the fight, though.

Yeah. I like to think Bane is always going to be the toughest physical challenge for Batman to face, regardless of what point in his career. That's just his archetype.

I think pretty much any fight between the two can go either way. After all, Bats and Bane both went 1 and 1 in TDKR. If Bruce had been less rash and more calculating, he might have had a chance in the first fight. (Eg. Interrogate one of the mercenaries..."WHY does he wear the maaahhhsssk?") Then again, supposedly they'd die before talking. Either way, if he had treated Bane's threat with more respect and wasn't so reckless, didn't have a secret death-wish...different ballgame. As the second fight showed.

Thanks for the input guys! I also really wish they would have added scenes of Bane training with Ras. That's another fight I wanted to see. How do you think the Bane vs Ras fights went down? I assume Ras won as he was able to excommunicate him.

EDIT* I also agree that Bane would always be a tough challenge for Batman. TBH, I think Bane always wins in strict hand to hand combat(if his mask was never broken). But I think younger Batman would have exploited that weakness far sooner than he did in this movie.

Batman without an 8 year old withered body using a strap on his leg would do better against Bane and not get broken. BB and TDK Bane would take Bane down in the first fight. There would be no re-match.

Bane still wins. In Batman Begins he is a rookie and doesn't have the experience and cynicism to just straight up beat Bane. In The Dark Knight Rises, his problem is his overconfidence, in The Dark Knight, he was even more cocky, so while he may be more physically up to the challenge (still nowhere near Bane's level) he'd be beaten.

The reason Batman won in The Dark Knight Rises was because of his experience in the Pit, something they make very clear. He is afraid he might die.

BB and TDK Bruce didn't have anything to prove to himself, or anyone. In TDKR Bruce is in a real bad state of mine and body. Not only does he have the need for a purpose in his life, which to him is being Batman, but he also feels Alfred doesn't believe he can do it anymore. Bruce feeling he had nothing to live for didn't help his case either.

Ah, that answer is so true, and it's a sad one. It makes that scene more emotional.

The mistake Batman did was trying to take on Bane in a fist fight. Batman is so much more than that, he should've used his gadgets more (he only tried two things) I mean he should've set traps for Bane while he turned off the lights, tied him up and hung him with his grappling hook. SOMETHING. What was he trying to do with those little bombs?

Bane. For a number of reasons.

1.- With a younger Batman comes a younger Bane. That's the one variable I have yet to see anyone acknowledge.

2.- Bane and Batman had the same training. Bane knew what Batman was going to bring to the table.

3.- Bane was born in the strife that Batman only really got to emulate. This can drive a fighter a lot, as they're born into that fire, rather than attempting to throw themselves into it and expect a similar outcome. Compare two new students in a martial arts class who have just earned their second belts. One grew up in a safe neighborhood, while the other had to fight his way to school every day. The latter has had to learn how to fight to survive, not fight to win a fight. That goes an extremely long way.

4.- Bane is not only physically stronger (which will certainly help in a match versus an equally or more skilled opponent), but also tougher. Not only because of his pain suppressant, but both films make it very clear he can take extreme punishment with little to no damage. Pain slows, but damage stops. Bane didn't take damage, even aside from his pain. Bane very clearly toyed with Batman throughout the entirety of the first encounter they had.

5.- Up until Batman met Bane, he had never had an opponent who could match him physically. All we saw who gave him any semblance of a challenge was Ra's, which wasn't a lot. Just like Batman clearly didn't know how to react during his first fight with Bane, an even younger and more arrogant Batman wouldn't have known what to do in his earlier years.

I still think, had Bane been the villain of one of the first two films- inspiration from Knightfall aside- the outcomes would have been the same. Batman finds an opponent who is bigger, badder, and more dangerous than he's ever seen before. Bane used his own strengths and exploited Batman's biggest weaknesses. One of the greatest of which, up until The Dark Knight Rises, would have been his inability to react appropriately to a larger threat than some jackass with a machine gun.

However, Batman, being as intelligent as he is, would have eventually figured out the mask, I believe. I still stand by him losing the first fight, but returning prepared for the second and winning.

Bane. For a number of reasons.

1.- With a younger Batman comes a younger Bane. That's the one variable I have yet to see anyone acknowledge.

What difference would that make. Old Bane only won because Batman was older and out of shape.

2.- Bane and Batman had the same training. Bane knew what Batman was going to bring to the table.

Batman still kicked his ass in round 2.

3.- Bane was born in the strife that Batman only really got to emulate. This can drive a fighter a lot, as they're born into that fire, rather than attempting to throw themselves into it and expect a similar outcome. Compare two new students in a martial arts class who have just earned their second belts. One grew up in a safe neighborhood, while the other had to fight his way to school every day. The latter has had to learn how to fight to survive, not fight to win a fight. That goes an extremely long way.

Yeah except Bruce spent years travelling the world fighting and mixing with criminals. Ra's still called him his greatest student. So Bruce's training and performance was better than Bane's.

4.- Bane is not only physically stronger (which will certainly help in a match versus an equally or more skilled opponent), but also tougher. Not only because of his pain suppressant, but both films make it very clear he can take extreme punishment with little to no damage. Pain slows, but damage stops. Bane didn't take damage, even aside from his pain. Bane very clearly toyed with Batman throughout the entirety of the first encounter they had.

Bane was breathing through a gas mask to stay alive. He was physically weaker than Batman. He only beat Batman because he was 8 years out of shape and practice with a strap on his leg.

Easy pickings.

5.- Up until Batman met Bane, he had never had an opponent who could match him physically. All we saw who gave him any semblance of a challenge was Ra's, which wasn't a lot. Just like Batman clearly didn't know how to react during his first fight with Bane, an even younger and more arrogant Batman wouldn't have known what to do in his earlier years.

Ra's matched him physically. Ra's was his trainer. If you're trainer can't match you then nobody can.

Bane only ever wins against Batman when he is at a disadvantage. Same in Knightfall. He knows he can't beat him in a fair fight.

BB would have similar problems (I mean he had problems fighting Ra's Al'Ghul, I hardly think fighting someone with the same level of training plus no pain would be easy). TDK though I think he would have reached the apogee of his training and physical prowess and so would have a longer battle but would ultimately win, as others have pointed out. He also still had his motivations to win back then, too.

I think we have some major points that are being missed. When Batman travelled to Hong Kong to kidnap Lau, that was the height of absurdity, balls, and sheer determination. Batman risked his ass for what he so powerfully believed in, that the destruction of organized crime could save his city. To me the prologue to TDKR's is to show the audience that this is the level Bane is on now. He has a purpose and belief which he is fully behind and will go to any means necessary to see through to the end. I think the point of having Bane in the movie to begin with is to use him as a mirror for Bruce's pain. Bane is a man who can't take off the mask. Bane is Batman with no checks and balances and with no alter ego. He's freed of the problems Bruce has living with a dual identity because he probably gave up on any type of normal life long ago. All he has is his purpose. For me the point is moot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"