The Dark Knight Batfans - One Last Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
the law may not allow for it, but eventually someone will circumvent the law, it is the LAW of nature...

That documentary on the WBC was one of the most painful documentaries I've ever viewed.

Re-post:

Although I think you are trying to do the right thing, most of this Church's operations are funded from the money they make by filing lawsuits against people who do things like what you want to do. There is nothing technically illegal about what they are doing, so every time people try to stop them they get to cash in on their right to free speech. I can't stand this group either, but the best possible outcome of trying to stop them from protesting is to cause an even bigger scene and help directly fund their next endeavor. It's a lose-lose situation.

Edit: I realize not everyone is wanting to directly prevent them from protesting, my post is directed towards those who are.

This from the same gov'ts that classify marijuana as being just a dangerous as opiates...:whatever:
Again, neither country have had successful prosecutions against the Hell's Angels as a criminal organization. Never.
They can "classify" them and use their propaganda all they want, but they haven't been able to prove it.:oldrazz: :oldrazz:

Re-post:

Although I think you are trying to do the right thing, most of this Church's operations are funded from the money they make by filing lawsuits against people who do things like what you want to do. There is nothing technically illegal about what they are doing, so every time people try to stop them they get to cash in on their right to free speech. I can't stand this group either, but the best possible outcome of trying to stop them from protesting is to cause an even bigger scene and help directly fund their next endeavor. It's a lose-lose situation.

Edit: I realize not everyone is wanting to directly prevent them from protesting, my post is directed towards those who are.

Actually, it is illegal in Kentucky...

525.055 Disorderly conduct in the first degree.
(1) A person is guilty of disorderly conduct in the first degree when he or she:
(a) In a public place and with intent to cause public inconvenience, annoyance, or
alarm, or wantonly creating a risk thereof:
1. Engages in fighting or in violent, tumultuous, or threatening behavior;

2. Makes unreasonable noise; or3. Creates a hazardous or physically offensive condition by any act that
serves no legitimate purpose; and
(b) Acts in a way described in paragraph (a) of this subsection within three
hundred (300) feet of a:
1. Cemetery during a funeral or burial;
2. Funeral home during the viewing of a deceased person;
3. Funeral procession;
4. Funeral or memorial service; or
5. Building in which a funeral or memorial service is being conducted; and
(c) Acts in a way described in paragraph (a) of this subsection at any point in time
between one (1) hour prior to the commencement of an event specified in
paragraph (b) of this subsection and one (1) hour following its conclusion; and
(d) Knows that he or she is within three hundred (300) feet of an occasion
described in paragraph (b)
of this subsection.
(2) Disorderly conduct in the first degree is a Class A misdemeanor.
Effective: June 26, 2007
History: Amended 2007 Ky. Acts ch. 107, sec. 2, effective June 26, 2007. -- Created
2006 Ky. Acts ch. 50, sec. 1, effective March 27, 2006; and ch. 51, sec. 1, effective
March 27, 2006.
Legislative Research Commission Note (3/27/2006). This section was created by 2006
Ky. Acts ch. 50, sec. 1, and 2006 Ky. Acts ch. 51, sec. 1, which are substantially
identical and have been codified together.
Page 1 of 1

Yay Kentucky!!!

Wow, they should tell us how they really feel.

Did Heath go to this church at some point?

I never thought I'd see the day where a church calls something a, "sordid, tacky bucket of slime."

Freedom of speech is a b*tch sometimes isn't it? Wish some people realized how privilaged they are to talk.

Freedom is a *****, but so is my freedom to kick the living **** out of any one of those mother ****ers if I were standing outside that funeral.

Re-post:

I'm not very serious, but I imagine one day their hatred will lead to someone killing them...

Actually, it is illegal in Kentucky...
Yay Kentucky!!!
It was because Phelps and his followers were coming here and causing trouble that that law was enacted.

go kentucky!!

but why dont hate speech laws apply to what they are doing?

I have no idea.....just know that the Kentucky legislature was able to stop them from coming to funerals here.

I have no idea.....just know that the Kentucky legislature was able to stop them from coming to funerals here.
Indiana put an ordinance that protestors must stay at least 500 feet away from all funerals :up:

go kentucky!!

but why dont hate speech laws apply to what they are doing?
The fundamental problem with hate crime prosecutions is this...
If I just walk up to you and hit you in the face, and I am charged with assault, all that has to be proven is that I hit you...
Lets say, however, that I used a racial slur against you, then hit you, and the local DA decides to prosecute it as a hate crime...Then, not only do you have to prove that I hit you, but YOU MUST PROVE I DID IT BECAUSE I HATE WHATEVER RACIAL GROUP YOU BELONG TO. You must prove TWO things to get the hate crime conviction, whereas with simple assault, yoiu only have to prove the assault...
"Hate Crime" prosecutions sound like a good thing, because it puts those who would be tageted into a protected class, but it is actually more difficult to secure both the indictment and the prosecution, and is therefore a bad idea...
And, to get back to your original question, Phelps and his crew of idiots would still be allowed to protest whatever the hell they want, they just must be 300 feet away from EVERYTHING...

Also, there is no specific law against "Hate Speech"

i'm all for going but i'm with superman45 it would get violent and we make a good team

The fundamental problem with hate crime prosecutions is this...
If I just walk up to you and hit you in the face, and I am charged with assault, all that has to be proven is that I hit you...
Lets say, however, that I used a racial slur against you, then hit you, and the local DA decides to prosecute it as a hate crime...Then, not only do you have to prove that I hit you, but YOU MUST PROVE I DID IT BECAUSE I HATE WHATEVER RACIAL GROUP YOU BELONG TO. You must prove TWO things to get the hate crime conviction, whereas with simple assault, yoiu only have to prove the assault...
"Hate Crime" prosecutions sound like a good thing, because it puts those who would be tageted into a protected class, but it is actually more difficult to secure both the indictment and the prosecution, and is therefore a bad idea...
And, to get back to your original question, Phelps and his crew of idiots would still be allowed to protest whatever the hell they want, they just must be 300 feet away from EVERYTHING...

Also, there is no specific law against "Hate Speech"

Yes ... it's true, very hard to prove both those things. Thats why I think they should be prosecuted based on the simple notion that publicly disrupting a funeral is illegal, just as it is illegal to disrupt the peace. Even if they're not making noise, if they are holding up giant offensive signs they are causing emotional suffering to the family and they should be sued for that.

If I went I would get violent.

My little brother is in the national guard. If he got killed in combat and these yahoos showed up at his funeral, you'd better believe I'd get violent. I wouldn't give a crap if I ended up spending a night in jail, because it would be worth it to let those people have a taste of what they've done to so many other families of fallen soldiers. I'd probably have 90% of the population rooting for me, too.

Given the fact Heath's funeral seems to be safe in Australia from the hate of monsters like the Westboro Baptist Church, I have talked with other great Batman fans, like DarkKnightJRK and we have discussed gathering small donations from anyone who can afford it and donate it in Heath's name to the Variety Children's Charity.

I am going to look into the best way of organizing this. If anyone has experience with such a movement - please contact me ([email protected]).

I believe we have the opportunity to do something special in this special man's name. We should live up to the moment.

These donations don't have to be large ($5-$10) to make a difference. If we unite together, we can do something big.

More info to come...

Stormin, I would be very proud to donate some money to any charity in Heaths Name. Especially this one.I don't know why this has affected me so much, but it has. Its strange to want to mourn someone you did not know and even worse when you cant find a sensible reason to. So I would like to celebrate him, and the the good he did, by donating to the cause, please let me know where and when.
Thank you for a brilliant, and sincere idea.

For the first time in my life, I'd be happy to donate to this charity.

Yep. Like I said earlier in this or another thread, while the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, 9/11, the Salem Witch Trials, Manifest Destiny, the subjection of women, and thousands of random acts of violence against homosexuals have all been fun, I am getting a tad weary of religion and it's stranglehold on the human psyche.

I believe in God and I think organized religion is the antithesis of him/her. Even the Christian God, look how unfavorably he looked up on the institutions of his time.

See, this is why I hate organised religion. By faith, one would call me a christian but I consider myself to be a follower of christ. I've read the bible and these a-holes have completely missed the point on how to not only be a christian but to be a kind human being in general. Why? Because organised religion, cults, sects and what ever else is established by men who come up with their own bs to control others. Just look at christianity, how many denominations of the religion are there? It's annoying, pathetic, causes confusion and is exactly why there will never be peace on earth until man ends up destroying everything all by himself. This phelps guy needs serious help, hell he needs to be exorcised.

If you are religious, then i guess you know that its wrong to lie with another man. BUT, its also wrong what these people are doing in god's name.

*Note: I am not trying to start a debate*

I am a devout christian and people like that make me sick, its people like that who make the rest of us who are actually trying to communicate love get a bad rep, even though I don't agree with some of Heath's lifestyle choices from what has been reported by his family and friends, I still pray for his soul and family while showing him some respect in these sad days. If I were near the funeral I'd go in Joker face paint and show some support for him and his loved ones.

Nicely said! :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"