The Dark Knight Bat-Fans One Last Time (Part Deux)

Well hey, you've got Buddy Christ as your icon, so you're 1/2 way there ;)

Seriously, people like you who speak out how shameful these idiots are to someone who is really following the message of Christianity re-affirm my belief that most people are decent, good and kind... and it takes a lot of social pressure or family brainwashing in order to become racist, a hater, etc. I've never been a part of organized religion precisely because of people like this though... once you organize beliefs and morals it's all too easy for the wackos who want to tell everyone what to believe and who to kill and who to hate to rise to the top and command millions.

Thank you, that is a serious compliment.

But after hearing the ludicrous slander on that radio broadcast, I felt morally compelled to say something. It's not right to just stand by and let this woman verbally desecrate such a talented actor just because he chose to play a homosexual man. I refuse to let Heath go down that way. He deserves better.

Thank you, that is a serious compliment.

But after hearing the ludicrous slander on that radio broadcast, I felt morally compelled to say something. It's not right to just stand by and let this woman verbally desecrate such a talented actor just because he chose to play a homosexual man. I refuse to let Heath go down that way. He deserves better.

Yes, he does deserve better, and the hundreds of millions of people who've seen Brokeback Mtn by now and who thought of it in a very positive way aren't listening to her -- So take comfort.

She shouldn't even be on the air, and thats why I'm choosing not to listen to that audio file.

Yes, he does deserve better, and the hundreds of millions of people who've seen Brokeback Mtn by now and who thought of it in a very positive way aren't listening to her -- So take comfort.

She shouldn't even be on the air, and thats why I'm choosing not to listen to that audio file.

I wrote a refutation to it in a letter to them via their website, and I posted it in the Lounge if you're interested in reading.

Apologies for the hijacking of this thread. I am still 100% for this cause though.

I wrote a refutation to it in a letter to them via their website, and I posted it in the Lounge if you're interested in reading.

Apologies for the hijacking of this thread. I am still 100% for this cause though.

Yah I read it, I liked it, and I responded with a few ideas =)

a post(pertaining to Heath) on the WBC site included this line:

Who's the joker now?

gahhhhhh when will these people just STOP

how can these people still be around. everyone hates them!!!!!! everyone. no one listens to them. That why "couldn't it be Britney?" shirt should be "why couldn't it be the Westboro Baptist Church?"

Whos the Joker now? i don't know 99.9% of the world is laughing at you right now so you tell me.

Im still for this too. long live Heath

After a little research, its starting to sound more like they wont be heading out to picket his funeral.

But thats just what I heard in an interview.

its happening in Australia, they don't want to go all the way out there

Good, because you want to blame someone for what he looked like in such movie. Don't judge a book by its cover right, also these a**holes think that they can be in god's shoes, but god said let he who has not sin, throw the rock. I can't believe people make a big deal. The man has to eat.

Im down with this idea.
It would be a would be a two birds with one stone deal.

One, it would show great appreciation for a person we all admired.

Two, if enough was raised to reach some kind of publicity, it would send a message to those religous fanatic quacks that thier efforts are futile.
They should be sent to the middle east. That would keep em busy.

Cheers!

A group over on the IMDB Dark Knight forums are also planning action to counter the WBC. They're going to remove the WBC fliers announcing their protest at Heath's funeral and replace them with Joker-ised poster (in the style of the whysoserious site) that denounce the WBC and their actions.

The WBC is planning on picketing the SAG awards today, FYI. It's going to be live on TBS and TNT. I hope we see a beating.

how can these people still be around. everyone hates them!!!!!! everyone. no one listens to them. That why "couldn't it be Britney?" shirt should be "why couldn't it be the Westboro Baptist Church?"

Whos the Joker now? i don't know 99.9% of the world is laughing at you right now so you tell me.

Im still for this too. long live Heath

Heath ledger will always be the greatest Joker not Romero or Nicholson or who ever plays the Joker again it will always be Heath!

yeah....I've never been impressed with the IMDB forums.....keep noticing a lot of discussions like this:

Poster #1: I think teh movie Waterworld sucks because I don't like Kevin Kostner...

Poster #2: Well what actually sucks about the movie? I mean it's not that bad..

Poster #1: yeah.......well you have a small penis.

yeah....I've never been impressed with the IMDB forums.....keep noticing a lot of discussions like this:

Poster #1: I think teh movie Waterworld sucks because I don't like Kevin Kostner...

Poster #2: Well what actually sucks about the movie? I mean it's not that bad..

Poster #1: yeah.......well you have a small penis.

You ever see the endless threads of "Zach Efron for Joker"? Ludicrous

here's a random sampling of thread titles from the TDK imdb board:

I'M HIGHER THAN A KITE RIGHT NOW
Indian Chicks
Asian Chicks
White Chicks
Dead Chicks
Eskimo Chicks
OMG THEY ZOO HAS AN EMO SEAL

terrible......just terrible......

To the Bat fans of this post,
As an Austrailian I can safely say that we are proud of our involvement in the american film industry, we are proud of people like Heath who clearly help to represent our country in foreign countrys.
It has deeply upset and angered me to hear that a few extremists have decided to use this tradgedy to thier adventage.
Those feelings have been replaced by admiration and respect for the american peoples shunning of these extremists.
I have nothing but respect for the people who have organised this board and I would also like to donate.
This is a tragic lost to our nation and to the world as I believe Heath had so much more to give to the world not just in his films but in the way he brought a little smile to peoples faces when he smiled or the cheers he caused when the joker first appeared on the big screen only a weeks ago.

Heath you can count on me being the first in line to see the last and best performance you will ever give.

Thankyou again to the Bat fans of america, Heath would think you all rocked!

SO uh....

Who's setting up the pay pal account? How is the money being transferred?

Are we actually gonna do this or was it just a nice idea?

A group over on the IMDB Dark Knight forums are also planning action to counter the WBC. They're going to remove the WBC fliers announcing their protest at Heath's funeral and replace them with Joker-ised poster (in the style of the whysoserious site) that denounce the WBC and their actions.

IMDB? That's a new one.

They didn't do a very good job...

Yeah I saw those......not too bad really kinda funny how they went after the WBC. Not that it will do anything but good to see fans rallying behind Heath like that.

SO uh....

Who's setting up the pay pal account? How is the money being transferred?

Are we actually gonna do this or was it just a nice idea?

Alright, I guess I'll take the reins in Norman's absence. I've set up a personal PayPal account, here's how it's going to work:

Step 1: Everyone needs to get a PayPal account with a valid credit/debit card.

Step 2: PM me here on the Hype boards if you're going to donate. Include your e-mail address (that you signed up for paypal with), how much money you'll be contributing and your name.

Step 3: I will send a "Request for Funds" from my PayPal account to yours. Once you get the request, transfer funds.

Step 4: I'll check back here to make sure everyone who wanted to contribute has done so. Once confirmed, I'll send payment to Variety (the charity).

Let's make the man proud, shall we?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"