The Dark Knight Batfans - One Last Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add FOX News to the list of crazies to protest...

Opening his radio show with funeral music yesterday, Fox News host John Gibson mocked the death of actor Heath Ledger, calling him a “weirdo” with a “serious drug problem.”Playing an audio clip of, “I wish I knew how to quit you” from Ledger’s Brokeback Mountain, Gibson disdainfully quipped, “Well, he found out how to quit you.”

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/01/23/...-mocks-ledger/

You know, I was raised in the 80s/90s by a Conservative family that just wanted low taxes and family values. My views have since changed dramatically but my parents even vote Dem/Independent now. The true Republicans have had their party hijacked in the last 8 years by power-hungry soulless ****s.

Add FOX News to the list of crazies to protest...

Opening his radio show with funeral music yesterday, Fox News host John Gibson mocked the death of actor Heath Ledger, calling him a “weirdo” with a “serious drug problem.”Playing an audio clip of, “I wish I knew how to quit you” from Ledger’s Brokeback Mountain, Gibson disdainfully quipped, “Well, he found out how to quit you.”

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/01/23/...-mocks-ledger/

You know, I was raised in the 80s/90s by a Conservative family that just wanted low taxes and family values. My views have since changed dramatically but my parents even vote Dem/Independent now. The true Republicans have had their party hijacked in the last 8 years by power-hungry soulless ****s.

The link you gave is broken. Here I found it: http://thinkprogress.org/2008/01/23/gibson-mocks-ledger/

This really makes me mad. :cmad:

Where do we send complaints into Fox

What a weird weird world.

The poor man dies of an accidental over dose and this stuff happens.

I'm a catholic and a conservative and find all of this appualing. There are better ways to have your voice heard. And I'll say I never saw Brookback mountain, but I think all those that protest it miss the point of the story. Isn't it a story of universal love?

I think these "Christians" need to READ the Bible they try to beat over people's heads so much. There was this crazy guy in there who had all these crazy ideas about loving your neighbor the way you love yoursellf. Reguardless of what sins you think they may or may have not commited. And he had this crazy idea about leving that whole "judging" thing up to God so we were free to just love one another.

What ever happened to respect for the dead?

I think this guy's name was Jesus.

What a weird weird world.

The poor man dies of an accidental over dose and this stuff happens.

I'm a catholic and a conservative and find all of this appualing. There are better ways to have your voice heard. And I'll say I never saw Brookback mountain, but I think all those that protest it miss the point of the story. Isn't it a story of universal love?

I think these "Christians" need to READ the Bible they try to beat over people's heads so much. There was this crazy guy in there who had all these crazy ideas about loving your neighbor the way you love yoursellf. Reguardless of what sins you think they may or may have not commited. And he had this crazy idea about leving that whole "judging" thing up to God so we were free to just love one another.

What ever happened to respect for the dead?

I think this guy's name was Jesus.

Sing it, Sister!

To all the people talking about making threats of violent reprisals on the WBC, remember that the WBC aim to stir up enough hurt and anger in people to make them strike out, so they can them sue them. That's how they keep their flow of funding to travel around America picketing funerals.

The way I see it, people as vile as Phelps get theirs in the end, without us needing to get involved. The world has a way of working out like that, though it might not always seem like it...

I hate those people, theyre insane plus they always the police to hide behind.

so it's been announced that the fruneral is taking place in his home town? that's great news.

it is important, i feel, that we let our condolences be felt by the ledger family, by organising something to pay our respects, because his joker has been a big part of many of our lives.

i'm really heartened by the response to the phelps on this thread. the human will to resist should never be suffocated by fear of persecution. there was a sherrif who told the phelps that if they came to protest the funeral of a local serviceman he would arrest them. they threatened to sue. his response? "i don't care"

this should be our attitude. if they had a service for him that the phelps could get to, nothing should stop us, as decent human beings, from ensuring their vile hate causes no more pain to those who knew the man. a silent wall of people, keeping their frankly sickening hate away from a peaceful funeral of a man who deserves no less.

we could even ask permission of from the ledger family. i'm unsure of WHAT exactly should be done, but i am adamant that something IS done.

Bat fans over the last few months we have destroyed every delicious puzzle Warner Brothers has thrown at us. We have been organized, we have been determined, we have been victorious.

That was in the name of fun, the name of entertainment. We have, one more thing we have to do. One more thing, we should do.

As more and more of you are learning, the Westboro Baptist Church is protesting - yes PROTESTING - Heath's church. These people are disgusting. They are repulsive. These people should not be able to cause Heath's loved ones any more harm.

So we should organize. Our Joker needs his crew one more time.

I am not sure where the funeral is (any google search I do is filled with notices about Westboro). We have people in New York. We have people near Hollywood.

I live in Florida, and even toying with the idea of trying to bus up to New York for a day - depending on my schedule.

But if we can organize to run to cake stores, mapping the country to take pictures of buildings, capturing at least a picture of every scene shot in Chicago - we can certainly do this.

If you are interesting, please PM me or email me ([email protected]).

heath.jpg

Heres a vid of them getting what they deserve

http://www.break.com/index/westboro_baptist_church_chased_away.html

what these ''so-called christians'' fail to realize, is yes, homosexuality is wrong, but is also wrong wrong to judge on another. It not our place. They only read the bits of the bible they like.

Don't bring that into here, please. The Bible and God are two different things, but that is not what this thread is suppose to even be about.

what these ''so-called christians'' fail to realize, is yes, homosexuality is wrong, but is also wrong wrong to judge on another. It not our place. They only read the bits of the bible they like.

Actually, to you, it's wrong.
Please don't declare things to be truth that are subjective.

I wouldn't want to go to a heaven that was shared with a deity that agreed with these silly buggers.

I am an atheist, but I will continue to hold Bacchus, Aphrodite and Omar Khayyam as my idols.

I'm sick of religion being pushed in our faces in these threads. Stop it. Go to community if you want to talk about it.

Well, that was an organisation that was atheist, rather than atheism organised for its own sake. It was only an organised atheism in the sense that the Roman Empire was an organised polytheism.

I think that, whether you believe in anything supernatural or not, the idea that you can judge people on the recommendations of millennia old rants and raves is laughable.

Closed at the request of the thread starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"