Batgirl 'Batgirl' movie? - Part 1

If Harley couldn't entice audiences to show up for her movie, I don't see Batgirl fairing any better

HBO is just right imo

If Harley couldn't entice audiences to show up for her movie, I don't see Batgirl fairing any better

HBO is just right imo

How are you going to compare Harley to Batgirl. 2 totally different characters with 2 totally different tonal films. The only thing they have in common is being female.

Could be a lot worse. I think they could make this look work.

Looking good for what it is.
I checked how cosplayers Do the suit, and they struggle too making it work because of how its structured and the Material.

So im fine with it for now.
Also as usual i need to See the suit work in motion and with the direction, so for now its Good.

Looks like the Burnside Batgirl suit with some sixties TV show Batgirl inspired flourishes.

I guessed we would probably get a Burnside Batgirl suit for her early appearances given how grounded and homemade it looks. They could upgrade to a different suit later in the movie or in a sequel.

Wow it looks equally as bad as the reeves suit. I have seen better cosplay :funny:

Would have preferred the more classic look myself, and the lighting does make it look super cheap. Not quite up there with the Battinson suit reveal, eh? :whatever:

It’s gonna sound like I’m making excuses and I’m not, but… I think a certain “cheapness” to this look is intentional. Barbara, at this point in her career, isn’t Batman’s protege and she’s even doing this behind her father’s back. There’s no real reason for her to have a badass supersuit from the jump. Like I saw someone on Twitter point out, this is her all-black Daredevil look/Peter’s pre-Stark Spider-Man outfit. And IMO, it’s a bit more “super” than either of those.

I think the real test will be how it looks in motion, with proper cinematography behind it.

Would have preferred the more classic look myself, and the lighting does make it look super cheap. Not quite up there with the Battinson suit reveal, eh? :whatever:
Listen, I love the Pattinson suit, but let’s not pretend that roll-out wasn’t muddled. We got an (admittedly cool) very dark video where it was hard to make very much out, then had nothing to go on for months other than pics of a stuntman in broad daylight that were… less than impressive.

But the end result there looks great on-camera and I have confidence Grace’s suit will as well.

Listen, I love the Pattinson suit, but let’s not pretend that roll-out wasn’t muddled. We got an (admittedly cool) very dark video where it was hard to make very much out, then had nothing to go on for months other than pics of a stuntman in broad daylight that were… less than impressive.

But the end result there looks great on-camera and I have confidence Grace’s suit will as well.

Just talking about the first reveal. It was a fantastic tease. This is not.

I like this costume in the comics but it absolutely doesn't look good here, gives off CW vibes as some have said. Also, the Burnside costume would make sense when she starts out as a teenager but not when she's already a grown woman.

Would rather prefer sth like this:

CtjT2FOWgAAiGXW

You could rationalize the biker “leathers” look as homemade/improvised. But the cowl (which seems pretty good in the photo) kinda contradicts that. Also — never been a fan of the short cape. Long at least suggests some functionality (e.g., sci-fi “glider wings”); whereas short looks useless.

aVY9yKd_700bwp.webp

This cosplayer looks better imo. The pouches and belt look really cheap but the purple material of the costume is much better. Maybe it's just me though.

They must want to emphasize how cheap it looks. Homemade or not, if that’s what she’s gonna be rocking for most of the movie, there’s no reason they couldn’t have released a pic from a photo shoot.

Still wish WB would upgrade this to a theatrical release, a la Blue Beetle.

They still might.

If it turns out better than average once they're cutting it, I'm sure they'd want to take advantage of that. Especially if The Batman blows up in March.

I dig it. Not sure what people were expecting from a homemade Batsuit since not every member of the Batfamily has an Alfred or access to the resources that Bruce has. Not every outfit is gonna look like Battinson or Batfleck or even Keaton. Hell, look at the homemade Spider-Man suit that Peter had in Homecoming/Civil War.

spiderman_homecoming_movie_screencaps.com_11305.jpg

Not exactly something to write home about, but like the Batgirl suit, it looks practical and probably gets the job done. Looks like the sort of suit that someone would stitch or put together. Reminds me of how Barbara in the Harley Quinn series put together her Batgirl suit, really.

That and with all the set photos we've seen, it's nice that Grace herself was the one to drop the official first look.

I dig it. Not sure what people were expecting from a homemade Batsuit since not every member of the Batfamily has an Alfred or access to the resources that Bruce has. Not every outfit is gonna look like Battinson or Batfleck or even Keaton. Hell, look at the homemade Spider-Man suit that Peter had in Homecoming/Civil War.

spiderman_homecoming_movie_screencaps.com_11305.jpg

Not exactly something to write home about, but like the Batgirl suit, it looks practical and probably gets the job done. Looks like the sort of suit that someone would stitch or put together. Reminds me of how Barbara in the Harley Quinn series put together her Batgirl suit, really.

That and with all the set photos we've seen, it's nice that Grace herself was the one to drop the official first look.

I like this Spidey suit better because it's so simple that for the first time you believe Peter could make this himself. The Batgirl suit, however, looks too over-designed for a homemade costume but is cheap-looking at the same time.

What does that even mean? Over-designed, but cheap-looking? That's a paradox if I've ever heard one. If it was under-designed, then folks would say that Barbara clearly didn't put in enough effort for her first outing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"