Batgirl 'Batgirl' movie? - Part 1

Can you explain why Barbara cannot be developed properly in her own solo franchise?
Because Barbara starts off as a supporting character in Batman stories first, wayy before she became Batgirl. It's like doing Nightwing without first establishing him as Robin which would have worked when Affleck was still Batman for obvious reasons but now we have a young Batman so Nightwing should not exist yet.

The Batman supporting characters should start in Batman movies before being spun off. They've already fragmented his villains with two different versions of Joker going on right now. So we'd have 4 different versions of Gotham existing at the same time if Batgirl is made

tumblr_pw16gcLruO1s535xbo1_540.gif

tumblr_pw16gcLruO1s535xbo3_540.gif

tumblr_pw16gcLruO1s535xbo2_540.gif

d20ySsV.jpg

Barbara can certainly start with her own solo film BUT Batman has to be a big part of it even if he isnt directly in it. And it should probably end with him recruiting her and her appearing in future Bat films with her doing her own movies.

Was it Gail Simone's tweet? I don't know if she deleted it (scrolling through her Twitter is...a journey right now) but she tweeted something about being a little bummed about Barbara not being in BoP but that it was ok because she knows what's coming up for her in other movies. Or something like that. Basically suggesting we'll see Barbara soon in the movies.

Well, since Simone had mentioned consulting with WB recently, I suppose that’s a bit of a confirmation that Barbara will have a place in the new Bat film universe.
She should have been there thirty years ago, and again fourteen years ago (although maybe we glimpsed part of her head in TDK- can’t know for sure because the character was never named, even in the credits), but better late than never.

Micheal Keaton in Talks to Return as Batman for 'Flash' Movie

If a deal makes, Keaton wouldn’t just return for Flash but possibly for several other DC-oriented film projects. Sources tell THR that the role being envisioned for the veteran actor is akin to the role played by Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, something of a mentor or guide or even string puller. Batgirl is one the projects in development that could fall under that win.

Dare we hope for Julia Roberts in a BEYOND style movie?

Hmmmm. I’m not seeing it. Nothing about Julia Roberts screams action movie to me.
Unless he meant Julia Roberts as Commissioner Barbara Gordon. Which actually is not a bad idea. She’s the right age

But as Batgirl, Batwoman Beyond, etc.? Then no

Unless he meant Julia Roberts as Commissioner Barbara Gordon. Which actually is not a bad idea. She’s the right age

That's what I was thinking, and I could definitely see Julia in that role.

Dare we hope for Julia Roberts in a BEYOND style movie?

If Keaton was to ever come back, I always assumed it'd be sequel to the Burton films and a mash of the Batman Beyond story with him teaching a young Terry McGinnis.

Where did the Julia Roberts talk come from? Her as Commissioner Gordon I could actually see, haha.

Julia Roberts was rumored for Batgirl back during the production of Batman and Robin.

I could see her as Babs Gordon.

That’s be a good choice. I’d much rather see Keaton mentoring a young Carrie Kelly Robin than Barbara Gordon/Batgirl.

Plus, the original plan for the DCEU was to use Carrie Kelly anyways, so they should just go for it.

That’s be a good choice. I’d much rather see Keaton mentoring a young Carrie Kelly Robin than Barbara Gordon/Batgirl.

Plus, the original plan for the DCEU was to use Carrie Kelly anyways, so they should just go for it.

I’m open to whatever they choose, but I agree that my mind tends to go Carrie Kelly over Batgirl. Introduce Nightwing in a sequel, with the Titans

I do really appreciate The Dark Knight Returns but goddamn I'm sick of it at this point. Move on to other material please.

I could deal with Carrie Kelley without wanting to bang my head against the wall maybe...I'm just bored by filmmakers and DC constantly going back to The Dark Knight Returns.

Meh with Barbara as Batgirl under Keaton's tutelage. Reserve her for Reeves' Batman and use Cassandra Cain or Stephanie Brown instead, who will unlikely play Batgirl in Reeves' because he would be stuffing too many characters at once.

If Reeves would even use Batgirl at all. Not even sure I want sidekicks until I see The Batman. I might end up groaning at the prospect depending on how the Reevesvervse comes across. Aanyone looking 25-30 years old playing a Robin or Batgirl is weak sauce to me. To hell with another Chris O'Donnell looking dude where Robin looks like a MAHN. I want young looking, high school/early college for Robin and Batgirl not the type of "school age" people you get on CW shows. 20 somethings who look like they're still teenagers like the MCU Spider-Man cast

As long they appear closer to teenagers I can roll with being billed at like 22 or something I guess but I'd rather see a Robin in High School starting out.

Meh with Barbara as Batgirl under Keaton's tutelage. Reserve her for Reeves' Batman and use Cassandra Cain or Stephanie Brown instead, who will unlikely play Batgirl in Reeves' because he would be stuffing too many characters at once.
There's no need to reserve anyone. Reeves and the DCEU can both have Barbara as Batgirl co-existing separately. Multiverse!

I think I’ve stumbled upon the scenario that would work best for me. Gender bend Terry McGinnis (you don’t even need to change the name). Still call her Batman, but it’ll be a woman. That satisfies the Batgirl movie idea and the Batman Beyond concept at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"