Batgirl 'Batgirl' movie? - Part 1

If they're doing this, I would want Barbara or Stephanie Brown, and for Bruce to still be Batman. I have no interest in Terry McGinnis or anyone else other than Bruce Wayne being Batman.

Even though Dick Grayson is my favorite DC character, I still prefer Terry to Dick when it comes to taking the mantle

I think I’ve stumbled upon the scenario that would work best for me. Gender bend Terry McGinnis (you don’t even need to change the name). Still call her Batman, but it’ll be a woman. That satisfies the Batgirl movie idea and the Batman Beyond concept at the same time.
That's just going to annoy people who want Terry as is as well as those who don't like other characters being Batman. Best just avoid that, although you're idea is kinda neat..

I don't know, I think just subbing in Batgirl serves more masters and I dig that more. There's is some charm to your proposal though.

Nah.

If you’re subbing in a woman - an idea I’m not at all opposed to - use Barbara, Stephanie, Cassandra, Carrie, Kate, or Bette. There’s no reason to gender bend Terry so you can have an “accurate” representation of the original Batman Beyond.

A Batgirl movie with Barbara makes no sense though. Gordon was a non entity in that series, and Pat Hingle’s passed away years ago. I suppose you could make Barbara be Gordon’s granddaughter.

Carrie is the move if we’re going with a female apprentice. Let Barbara be the Commissioner.

Carrie is the move if we’re going with a female apprentice. Let Barbara be the Commissioner.
Why does if have to be Carrie Kelley? I mean I'd roll with it to get my female apprentice movie but it's so meh to go back to TDKR yet again to me. We've had elements of it on the big screen for the past 12 years. Plus, the animated film and yet another sequel comic.

Literally who cares about the name? If she’s Carrie Kelly she’ll be nothing like the DKR Carrie Kelly.

They could make Barbara the daughter of JK Simmons Gordon. Then again, Batfleck is gone which means characters from his Gotham are too so I doubt it

Literally who cares about the name? If she’s Carrie Kelly she’ll be nothing like the DKR Carrie Kelly.
I suppose but I doubt she would be nothing like her. Besides why suggest any recognisable name at all then? Clearly the idea is to have some carry over.

Barbara? Carrie? Robin? With all this back-and-forth, they might as well ignore the comics and just make something up.

Wouldn't be the worst idea ever to create someone for the film. In particular with the multiverse established. It's just more fun if they adapt someone I think.

Maybe we shouldn’t discount the idea of Helena Wayne being used? After all, Birds of Prey was intended as a sequel to the 90s movies and she was the daughter of Bruce and Selina there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't be the worst idea ever to create someone for the film. In particular with the multiverse established. It's just more fun if they adapt someone I think.
Maybe it'll be like Logan where they take a few ideas from the comics, but mostly commit to their own story.

Bet on Tim Burton returning as a director or a producer

Cassandra Cain>>>>Stephanie Brown>>>Carrie Kelly

I agree that I’d like Robin and Batgirl in the Reeves movies.

Is there another character in the Batuniverse who has been in existence as long as Barbara Gordon (53 years), is as prominent in comics, animation, merchandising, and awareness, and has been completely absent in over three decades of live action Bat movies?
It’s kind of incredible, actually

Eh, even if they changed her last name, I think Barbara Wilson was an adaptation of Barbara Gordon.

so its mean matt reeves doesnt plan to introduce barbara in his supposed trilogy ? disappointing

so its mean matt reeves doesnt plan to introduce barbara in his supposed trilogy ? disappointing
Not necessarily

This could mean those dumb Bat embargoes are over with and now we can get 2 Barbara's

Eh, even if they changed her last name, I think Barbara Wilson was an adaptation of Barbara Gordon.

I disagree strongly.
Barbara Wilson/Batgirl was a very lazy repeat of what Joel Schumacher and Akiva Goldsman obviously felt was the successful introduction of Dick Grayson/Robin in Batman Forever. A young person comes to Wayne Manor, discovers the Batcave, and makes their third act superhero debut. That was certainly the reason she became Alfred’s niece, rather than the Commissioner’s daughter- the ease with which they could just rehash the Robin story, rather than giving her one of her own. They even made Barbara an ‘edgy’ motorcycle enthusiast, just like Dick.
The only possible connection one could make between Barbara Wilson and Barbara Gordon is that Wilson sits at a computer for a minute, trying to break into a program. Her brilliant, cyber genius hacking method? She guesses passwords.

Barbara Wilson is absolutely nothing like Barbara Gordon, at all.

I disagree strongly.
Barbara Wilson/Batgirl was a very lazy repeat of what Joel Schumacher and Akiva Goldsman obviously felt was the successful introduction of Dick Grayson/Robin in Batman Forever. A young person comes to Wayne Manor, discovers the Batcave, and makes their third act superhero debut. That was certainly the reason she became Alfred’s niece, rather than the Commissioner’s daughter- the ease with which they could just rehash the Robin story, rather than giving her one of her own. They even made Barbara an ‘edgy’ motorcycle enthusiast, just like Dick.
The only possible connection one could make between Barbara Wilson and Barbara Gordon is that Wilson sits at a computer for a minute, trying to break into a program. Her brilliant, cyber genius hacking method? She guesses passwords.

Barbara Wilson is absolutely nothing like Barbara Gordon, at all.
I don't think the statement was that she was the character, but an adaption of one, in spite of the alterations, I think that connects.

I think it's not impossible that the writing may have had it be that way as well, maybe connected to how these movies hadn't used Gordon a lot.

Barbara Wilson has the scene at the end where Barbara rewires a computer and I think does something that allows the satellites to redirect the sunlight to Gotham.

Barbara Wilson has the scene at the end where Barbara rewires a computer and I think does something that allows the satellites to redirect the sunlight to Gotham.

I had forgotten that! (ugh- that movie)

Ok, I see where, based on that scene, Fincher could reasonably assert that BW=BG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"