Batgirl 'Batgirl' movie? - Part 1

Because obviously it was such an abomination of cinema that would have ruined DC movies forever, totes 100% true with no bias whatsoever. Or at least that's the lie they want you to believe. :o

Its crazy, why not put it on streaming?

I dont get it because that was the plan long time.
Like they had started making this for Streaming, but then decided to bring it to theaters...but then it was allegedly so bad that it could never be Released anywhere?
No this is trying to protect Zaslav and his decision to use it for tax write off.

That they dont have the decency to be honest and that this is the reason, is incredible awful.
Instead they insult everyone who worked hard on this to protect Zaslav...really dissapointing to see.
But thats showbusiness i guess.

Maybe it just really is just that bad? Like worse than catwoman bad according to some people.

John Campea is a clown and every time a biased source says this movie would have been effing godawful, I continue to grow more doubtful. Not that this is a hidden masterpiece or anything, but again, I highly doubt this would have been any worse or done any more damage to the DC brand than Josstice League or like you've suggested, Catwoman. That is not even remotely conceivable in any feasible way.

People need to stop buying into whatever WB executives are saying about this movie, it's 100% clear that their opinion is compromised, and we know little to nothing about this film that we can't form an actual opinion of our own. Don't encourage this type of behavior or Zaslav's irritating practices.

John Campea is a clown and every time a biased source says this movie would have been effing godawful, I continue to grow more doubtful. Not that this is a hidden masterpiece or anything, but again, I highly doubt this would have been any worse or done any more damage to the DC brand than Josstice League or like you've suggested, Catwoman. That is not even remotely conceivable in any feasible way.

People need to stop buying into whatever WB executives are saying about this movie, it's 100% clear that their opinion is compromised, and we know little to nothing about this film that we can't form an actual opinion of our own. Don't encourage this type of behavior or Zaslav's irritating practices.

I don't really have dog in this race but I haven't read any positive comments from the screenings. It's telling when just about everyone's source is saying it was bad. Personally I would have wanted to see at least a trailer after post-production was done.

It's not about a matter of quality. It's about not scrapping an entire movie when it's already in post-production and throw people's work to waste, never to see the light of day. This should never happen again and should not become a norm in Hollywood. A film like this should not have to become lost media.

If anyone argues against that, then they do not support directors and creatives in Hollywood.

It's not about a matter of quality. It's about not scrapping an entire movie when it's already in post-production and throw people's work to waste, never to see the light of day. This should never happen again and should not become a norm in Hollywood. A film like this should not have to become lost media.

If anyone argues against that, then they do not support directors and creatives in Hollywood.

I thought it wasn't in post-production yet?

It's not show friends, it's show business. It was cheaper for WBD to write it off and save 250 million dollars.

They pulled the plug when it was in post-production, that's confirmed. Also, thanks for letting me know you support David Zaslav's practices here and that you don't give a crap about a movie's cancellation because of your biased lack of interest in the movie and fanboy entitlement. That tells me everything I need to know about how you feel about directors' rights and so I'll automatically disregard everything you have to say on the matter. :up:

I don't really have dog in this race but I haven't read any positive comments from the screenings. It's telling when just about everyone's source is saying it was bad. Personally I would have wanted to see at least a trailer after post-production was done.
That would have been something at least, to have been able to have some sort of informed opinion on it.

They pulled the plug when it was in post-production, that's confirmed. Also, thanks for letting me know you support David Zaslav's practices here and that you don't give a crap about a movie's cancellation because of your biased lack of interest in the movie and fanboy entitlement. That tells me everything I need to know about how you feel about directors' rights and so I'll automatically disregard everything you have to say on the matter. :up:

Hey, I didn't say I didn't have interest in the movie, Michael Keaton's Batman was enough to get me interested. Also, I don't have any interest in Zaslav's practices, just stating facts. That's just how it goes in the business. I recognize that fact and am also too old to get to "fanboy" level invested in entertainment. It is what it is. If there's anyone in this thread who is biased, it's you.

Batgirl got a test screening score of 60% which is the same score Black Adam for it's test screenings. And I think Shazam 2 also got a score in the 60s as well. Now mind you, that's actually normal these type of movies, because a lot of time the special effects are not finished so that impacts the audience's perception of the movie.

Batgirl got a test screening score of 60% which is the same score Black Adam for it's test screenings. And I think Shazam 2 also got a score in the 60s as well. Now mind you, that's actually normal these type of movies, because a lot of time the special effects are not finished so that impacts the audience's perception of the movie.

Not exactly an endorsement, mind you. :funny:

Even more interestingly one was marketed as the next big chapter that was suppose to save DC and the other one was deemed disastrous for the brand. Huh.
I'm now imagining an alternate timeline where Batgirl is released and Black Adam is deemed unreleasable...

There were plenty of positive comments from Screenings, i dont know how you missed them.
Maybe because there were a questionable amount of Comments out there that since then, never have shown up in that high of a number.

Somehow for Batgirl there were three times more alleged sources out to comment on the screenings...but Vanished "surprisingly" after the movie was officially cancelled because it was "so bad".

60% is not the best, but for test screenings good enough...especially for a movie planned for HBO Max and not the big screen.
Again my thing is that the movie first was meant as a HBO Max movie...but for some reason that i would really like to know, WB decided a Theatrical Release...just for them to cancel it almost finished?
I dont buy the "it was unwatchable" excuse on this at all.

We got a regime change with a new CEO who wants to make DC films with a connected universe to rival Marvel and wants to focus on big budget movie franchises like DC and Harry Potter. Its not hard to see why the movie got ****canned. It sucks for the creatives who made it and sucks for fans who wanted to see it, but it was a victim of how it was made/budgeted and the timing of its creation (a time of transition and new regime coming in with a different vision).

The movie hurting the DC brand is a pathetic excuse WB used because of a poor management they've been having for years. Doing that to a movie is not the way of show business. It's a disgrace that no one even dared of doing before, but unfortunately plenty have started to follow the example since.

Let's not justify every crappy decision big corporations are doing by saying "oh well, that's the nature of business". Well, it shouldn't be.

There were plenty of positive comments from Screenings, i dont know how you missed them.
Maybe because there were a questionable amount of Comments out there that since then, never have shown up in that high of a number.

Somehow for Batgirl there were three times more alleged sources out to comment on the screenings...but Vanished "surprisingly" after the movie was officially cancelled because it was "so bad".

60% is not the best, but for test screenings good enough...especially for a movie planned for HBO Max and not the big screen.
Again my thing is that the movie first was meant as a HBO Max movie...but for some reason that i would really like to know, WB decided a Theatrical Release...just for them to cancel it almost finished?
I dont buy the "it was unwatchable" excuse on this at all.

I meant "here". I don't recall seeing much positive comments posted in this thread.

Last edited:
I said "here". I don't recall seeing much positive comments posted in this thread.

You were never specific, the word "here" doesnt even come up in the post from you i quoted.
People were posting the positive reactions here too.
But like i said, there were a suspicious amount of reactions out there for this that you now dont encounter for any other Test Screening for anything.
Most of the time its 3 maybe 4 comments on how a test screening performed...but with Batgirl it was far more.
Like, where are these same people now? Why arent the same amount of reactions around now?
Why was there so much for Batgirl and batgirl alone?

I find that very suspicious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"