Batgirl 'Batgirl' movie? - Part 1

You were never specific, the word "here" doesnt even come up in the post from you i quoted.
People were posting the positive reactions here too.
But like i said, there were a suspicious amount of reactions out there for this that you now dont encounter for any other Test Screening for anything.
Most of the time its 3 maybe 4 comments on how a test screening performed...but with Batgirl it was far more.
Like, where are these same people now? Why arent the same amount of reactions around now?
Why was there so much for Batgirl and batgirl alone?

I find that very suspicious.

Oh, sorry. I meant to write "meant" instead of "said". :doh:

Matt Reeves’ “Batman” with Robert Pattinson is getting a sequel, and there’s talk that it will include more of the Bat family. Would you consider coming back to play Batgirl?

We’ve definitely had conversations about Batgirl’s future and how Batgirl can make a resurgence. I think fans are looking forward to seeing that. We’ll just see where that takes us; I can’t say one way or the other if that is a reality at this point. I can’t speak too much about a future for Bat- girl or guarantee anything.

Interesting. Wonder if it'll come to anything.

I'm not sure if James Gunn would want two consecutive Batfamilies being introduced at the same time, but I would definitely want to see Leslie Grace get another shot at the role, whether in the Reevesverse or with DCU Batman (though she would probably be a bit too young for the part considering the timeline).

The more I read about this scrapped Batgirl movie, the more I want to see it regardless of the quality. For starters, a film with Keaton's Batman in which you don't hate the main actor's casting (instead curious to see what she might do with her character).

And I can't even imagine the amount of frustration Leslie Grace must feel; Getting the opportunity to play a great wellknown comic book character, and then all of a sudden the whole project gets canned.

The more I read about this scrapped Batgirl movie, the more I want to see it regardless of the quality. For starters, a film with Keaton's Batman in which you don't hate the main actor's casting (instead curious to see what she might do with her character).

And I can't even imagine the amount of frustration Leslie Grace must feel; Getting the opportunity to play a great wellknown comic book character, and then all of a sudden the whole project gets canned.
Yes, whatever the rights and wrongs, ups and downs, ins and outs of it's being cancelled, I'm really curious to see it. Apparently Warners could release it in the future if they were ever in a position to repay the tax break. Not entirely impossible, if cost/benefit analysis showed them that what they'd make would exceed the repayment. Assuming that they hadn't actually destroyed every copy. Personally, I feel sure that they could 'discover' a copy at some point if it suited them.

Yes, whatever the rights and wrongs, ups and downs, ins and outs of it's being cancelled, I'm really curious to see it. Apparently Warners could release it in the future if they were ever in a position to repay the tax break. Not entirely impossible, if cost/benefit analysis showed them that what they'd make would exceed the repayment. Assuming that they hadn't actually destroyed every copy. Personally, I feel sure that they could 'discover' a copy at some point if it suited them.
I really hope we might get to see it at some point in the future. Then again, maybe that's just too optimistic.

...Apparently Warners could release it in the future if they were ever in a position to repay the tax break.

According to some reports, WB was able to score a 100% tax write-off on the $90M cost of the movie. So WB would have to pay back that amount to reacquire ownership. Plus… the movie wasn’t finished. So maybe add a few more million (?) to the $90M. Highly unlikely.

Slightly more plausible: someone with a password does “mischief” :ninja: and leaks a bootleg copy to the internet.

I keep wondering how this Movie would have done seeing the Hype Keaton generated with the Flash Trailer.
A lot of the movie gets carried to the level of hype because of him...would that have happend with this too?
I do wonder.

Also, more Keaton Batman would either way have been awesome.
And dont forget Brendan Fraser and Leslie Grace seemed good in what we saw too.

I dont think for a second this movie was unwatchable.
Maybe not the best, but unwatchable is just a unnecessary mean towards a whole team that worked hard on this just because a Studio executive wanted to save money.

It's funny now after three consecutive DCEU massive flops (more to follow), both commercially and critically, those "unreleasable" comments definitely lost all their gravitas.
I'm not going to say they were wrong because we really don't know, but I'm very curious just what the criteria were that they were judging Batgirl by.

I wouldn't be surprised if Zaslav has seen neither Batgirl nor Flash, and even if he did he wouldn't have a clue what was good or not.
God, I can hear him now

Zaslav: So...The Flash...What's his power again?

Exec: He's fast

Zaslav: Right, right.... Fast at what, exactly?

Exec: Running. Well, everything

Zaslav: Riight. And Batgirl... She's Batman's daughter?

Exec: No, sir, she's Jim Gordon's daughter

:Zaslav: Jim Gordon... the butler?

Exec: No, that's Alfred

Zaslav: Alfred Gordon...

Exec: No, Alfred Pennyworth

Zaslav I thought Pennyworth was the clown in that movie by whatisname who just directed The Flash

Exec: No, sir, that's Pennywise

Zaslav: Aaah... So, who's 'Jack Napier'?

Exec: Jack Napier is the Joker

Zaslav: The Joker...

Exec: He's a clown as well

Zaslav: Riiight...

A big part of what doesn't work about the Keaton stuff in The Flash is it feels barely relevant that it is the Michael Keaton version of Batman. He has the quotes, he's a little extra weird and to his credit Keaton is clearly having a great time but I really feel like he could have been Clooney, Kilmer if it wasn't for his health, Affleck or Bale with minimal changes to the script or visuals. It wasn't a zero effort attempt at recreating his Batman but it sure wasn't a terribly dedicated or successful one.

Even if this movie wasn't good it looks like far more of an effort was made for him to feel and look right.

Last edited:
I really feel like he could have been Clooney, Kilmer if it wasn't for his help, Affleck or Bale with minimal changes to the script or visuals. It wasn't a zero effort attempt at recreating his Batman but it sure wasn't a terribly dedicated or successful one.
I haven't seen The Flash, but I saw someone (maybe on this site, not sure) say most of Keaton's dialogue felt like it was written before the makers were 100% sure which former Batman it was going to be.

I haven't seen The Flash, but I saw someone (maybe on this site, not sure) say most of Keaton's dialogue felt like it was written before the makers were 100% sure which former Batman it was going to be.
Yeah, they add a certain layer of quirk to him especially in his fun intro scene but there's so little specificity to his characterization. It's actually really quite surprising that the big worry was that Keaton would overshadow The Flash in his own movie but if anything he's quite underdeveloped and underutilized in it (and don't even get me started on poor Supergirl - the unquestionable highlight of the movie despite how little she gets to work with).

A big part of what doesn't work about the Keaton stuff in The Flash is it feels barely relevant that it is the Michael Keaton version of Batman. He has the quotes, he's a little extra weird and to his credit Keaton is clearly having a great time but I really feel like he could have been Clooney, Kilmer if it wasn't for his help, Affleck or Bale with minimal changes to the script or visuals. It wasn't a zero effort attempt at recreating his Batman but it sure wasn't a terribly dedicated or successful one.

Even if this movie wasn't good it looks like far more of an effort was made for him to feel and look right.

This is exactly how i feel. I loved seeing him in the flash of course but the entire movie just felt so far removed from the burton movies that it was hard to even connect that this was supposed to be the same character 30 years on.

From all the leaks i’ve read and what the directors themselves said, batgirl seemed like it was almost 100% intended to be a continuation of the burton movies and that’s clearly reflected in every bit of material that leaks. Obviously it would’ve been much more light hearted considering it’s a batgirl story but i think keaton would’ve felt much more in his element in this movie. We had the cathedral tower, the batmobile being used, the catwoman easter eggs, the halloween masquerade party, and just the look of gotham itself. It was all so burtony… sigh

We had the cathedral tower, the batmobile being used, the catwoman easter eggs, the halloween masquerade party, and just the look of gotham itself. It was all so burtony… sigh
Do you know of anywhere online with a detailed listing/breakdown of everything that's managed to leak re Batgirl?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"