Rocksteady's Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League

After missing my chance to play Arkham Origins years ago, I finally was able to play and beat the main quest today and now Im onto the frozen heart DLC. As i said before, I did watch playthroughs of the story so I knew what happened, but oh man Origins is a fantastic game and I dont think it got the recognition it deserved in comparison to the Arkham Trilogy from Rocksteady. I actually think its better than Arkham Knight overall

After missing my chance to play Arkham Origins years ago, I finally was able to play and beat the main quest today and now Im onto the frozen heart DLC. As i said before, I did watch playthroughs of the story so I knew what happened, but oh man Origins is a fantastic game and I dont think it got the recognition it deserved in comparison to the Arkham Trilogy from Rocksteady. I actually think its better than Arkham Knight overall

You’ll love that DLC too man, it’s awesome.

I wish I had Origins and especially a remastered version with my other games. I have Arkham Asylum, City and Knight pinned on my xbox dashboard

For me its like this

Knight
City
Origins
Aslyum

All 4 are great but Aslyum is a distance 4th just fills limited after you play the other ones because of how much smaller it is no side missions and combat is way more limited to. Origins i love i guess i am lucky never really had bug issues like a lot of people did. My biggest issue is that origins dosnt really do much new from city almost fills like city again game play wise. Love its christmas sounding soundtrack though and its still a amazing game. I need to play it again and even more so its cold heart dlc has i have only played that dlc 1 time and dont really remember it much. The main game i have beatten i think like 3 times. Knight, city and origins are all pretty close to me.

Asylum and Origins are my favorite in terms of story. City or Knight for gameplay

So how many times have arrived at this point, only to be disappointed?

As of right now, here's my list

Arkham City
Arkham Asylum
Arkham Origins
Arkham Knight

I prefer Knight for its city/open worldness but City has better boss battles/main story. Least favorite is Asylum. Never played Origins because its not in ps4.

Yeah agreed I always felt like Origins got undeserved amount of hate just because it wasn't made my Rocksteady. Never got round to the DLC how's it going?

Origins had so many epic moments

• The Joker reveal black mask (Best Joker intro of any game imo)
  • The Deathstroke fight
  • The actual detective work

I mean, the game is buggy, and the controls aren’t nearly as precise. What do you expect?

If you were just talking story, sure, but as far as gameplay is concerned, it’s not up to par, IMO.

Yeah agreed I always felt like Origins got undeserved amount of hate just because it wasn't made my Rocksteady. Never got round to the DLC how's it going?

Origins had so many epic moments

• The Joker reveal black mask (Best Joker intro of any game imo)
  • The Deathstroke fight
  • The actual detective work
Agreed. and the DLC is amazing, tbh. like something straight out of batman TAS.

I'd say the best gameplay would have to go to Arkham Knight. aside from the tedious Batmobile combat, the overall feel of gliding and the combat built upon what was amazingly developed in Asylum, City, and Origins and then perfect in Knight.

How many times have you all played through Knight's story? I've only played through once but have been tempted to play again and stop before confronting Scarecrow and the identity reveal. I really hate that and both endings ruin the game for me.

I mean, the game is buggy, and the controls aren’t nearly as precise. What do you expect?

If you were just talking story, sure, but as far as gameplay is concerned, it’s not up to par, IMO.

See i have heard about the game being Buggy sense it came out but i never had that issue at all. To me it controlled just has good has the other ones and i had just about no bugs. I guess i was just lucky. My issue is with the story lol. I hate black mask was really Joker makes it the worst story of all 4 arkham games yet people love its story.

How many times have you all played through Knight's story? I've only played through once but have been tempted to play again and stop before confronting Scarecrow and the identity reveal. I really hate that and both endings ruin the game for me.
I've played the story 3 times. Beat the game originally on hard and played the new game+, but when the Nightwing DLC was first released there was a bug that, after you beat it, the game would only load you at the last checkpoint of that anytime you wanted to free roam. The patch they released to fix it only worked if you hadn't started the DLC yet so I had to erase my save and start the game over. I was super pissed because I had already 100% game modes.

Ripped through the story a third time, that time just on normal. I refuse to 100% it again because all the Riddler stuff is so annoying and tedious in that game. As much as I love how smooth all the gameplay is, I really dislike most of the game around it.

As for Origins, I'll be doing my yearly "I am the Knight" mode playthrough. I love the story, the gameplay isn't up to the standards, which is unfortunate, but I enjoy the hell out of the game. I think it's the Arkham game I've played through the most.

I think i have beaten the game like 5 times and i love the end. What really gets me to having played the arkham games so much is the combat challenge rooms though they are so addictive and fun. I think i have put just about has much time in those in the arkham games has i have the store.

Was it AC or Origins that had some side scrolling challenge maps? Those were extra awesome

If they don’t finally announce this thing at The Game Awards I don’t know what I’m going to do:argh:.

Was it AC or Origins that had some side scrolling challenge maps? Those were extra awesome

AC had one on the train. Yeah, that was cool.

Agreed. and the DLC is amazing, tbh. like something straight out of batman TAS.

I'd say the best gameplay would have to go to Arkham Knight. aside from the tedious Batmobile combat, the overall feel of gliding and the combat built upon what was amazingly developed in Asylum, City, and Origins and then perfect in Knight.

Yeah, you cant beat Knight in terms of gameplay...and i mean at all.
No game of this generation imo is so well done in terms of gameplay...and even the batmobile despite being overused, it works fantastic.
I love how you can clearly feel the difference in the games of how the gameplay evolved.

Only once im afraid to admit, its story just doesnt hit me enough sadly to play it a few times.
Thats my plan too for the next playthrough because i wanna make a few screenshots again for the game.
The story completely falls apart imo after that part...i mean it falls a bit apart with the joker thing in the beginning...and in general over the course of the story...but that is when to me the games story is completely broken and it honestly felt a bit rushed too with some story stuff.

See i have heard about the game being Buggy sense it came out but i never had that issue at all. To me it controlled just has good has the other ones and i had just about no bugs. I guess i was just lucky. My issue is with the story lol. I hate black mask was really Joker makes it the worst story of all 4 arkham games yet people love its story.

Saw a lot of bugs from people but never encountered them myself, the only one i have is the one where the Martial Artists dont really work with the counters, they would have often the counter symbol over their head but when i press the button, they dont attack or so and it resets my combo.
Nothing really annoying because i think it works quite well in terms of the games story and all.
I always tell myself they fake an attack and batman doesnt see it because he is still very young and all. XD

Oh i hated that part with a passion about AO.
I still remember when i saw the reveal first, i wanted to quit the game and had to pause for a good 10 minutes because i was so upset that they yet again shoved the Joker in the main role.
And even worse since i had the hope that they finally would give black mask the credit he deserves.
He is so underrated as villian and i was so hyped when we got told he would be the big bad.
But its good that i stayed because while i hate that they shoved black mask aside completely, i loved the AO version of the joker.
Outside of that, the story is pretty good either way.

To stay with the topic a bit closer, the same guy who gave the previous leaks about the damian wayne game and that the game could be revealed at the VGA, brings a new leak about a Multiplayer in the next Game.

Again, grain of salt and so on...but i would love it.
Origins multiplayer was pretty sweet...nothing groundbreaking but neat.
It was surprisingly well done and i liked it(when i didnt had to wait 30 minutes to get into a session)

The only multiplayer component I would tolerate in a Batman game is co-op fighting. For challenges or during the story. When you have competitive multiplayer, it makes it quite a ***** to get the platinum trophy years later if you're late to the party.

Last edited:

I also never experienced any bugs or glitches with Origins.

It didn't happen very frequently, but every once in a while when I played Origins the game would freeze completely and my XBox would make a horrible sound. Had to completely turn the console off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"