Batman: Arkham Origins

I was in my final year of school when this came out, and so I've been catching up on all the missed games. Finally got around to playing this and just beat it. I liked it! Hearing a lot of negative feedback about the game severely lowered my standards and I freaking loved it. Especially the characterisation as mentioned. The music was great too - although I would prefer more epic music playing when rushing across the city to a story marker. Kind of takes you out of it when you hear "Firefly has hostages!! Get there ASAP!!!!" and then you glide across the city to slow, ambient music.

I think a lot of the negative feedback it got came from the fact it really didnt add much and the amount of bugs it had at launch, which there were quite a few. Content wise though, I had zero issues with it. At this point im pretty sure Ill play and enjoy any Arkham game they give me. WB has my money without questions.

Yeah, I really loved these games. I think AO has the best story too.

Yeah, I really loved these games. I think AO has the best story too.

Love all 3 games they all had great music, combat, story ever thing but I liked ac story the most and I didn't have any trouble with glitches like ever one else did with orgins. It is wired how so many people can have trouble with a lot of glitches but yet I have no trouble.

Love all 3 games they all had great music, combat, story ever thing but I liked ac story the most and I didn't have any trouble with glitches like ever one else did with orgins. It is wired how so many people can have trouble with a lot of glitches but yet I have no trouble.

Did you play the game when it came out?

I didnt have that many bugs, but the ones I had were BIG. I had issues with freezing and my saves being corrupted. After my first save corruption I put the game on ice until they patched it, which was like a month or so after launch.

I bought this game a couple months back and it's got all the current patches and it still glitches awful and freezes, especially when I'm gliding around or make a sudden move or start stringing together a lot of hits and combos during a fight. Sometimes prompts to grapple to a ledge wouldn't show up so I'd have to restart the game before it'd let me grapple up to a ledge.

I still had fun with the game, and enjoyed the story a lot, but the game seemed to be struggling to run.

Question about cold call killer I found two calls do I need advanced more in the main mission to get more calls

Question about cold call killer I found two calls do I need advanced more in the main mission to get more calls

Is this the Zsasz side mission? That's more of an Arkham City question but yeah the phones ring more as you advance through the game.

So still no word on that 'The Complete Edition' release?

I just picked this up last week. I'm more of a completest though so I'm mostly working on picking up all of Enigma's secret documents. I'm glad I waited if there were that many bugs when it was released. The only thing I've experienced is on the Crime in progress fights. There's been about 4-6 where I couldn't beat all of the criminals because one guy will get stuck inside a cargo van, or crate or sometimes a building and there's no way to physically hit him to knock him out.

I was trying to get Rank 7 of Worst Nightmare during the Deadshot confrontation. Making my way through the room, picking off thugs while not using any takedowns... until discovering that you have to (seemingly) use a takedown to end Deadshot.

Annoying.

What's hilarious is i've only had the game freeze up on me once lol. Every other time it's worked like a charm.

are there plans to release a GOTY edition of this?

There should be Compete Edition coming out soon which has Bruce Wayne challenges and Mr Freeze DLC.

The atmosphere was incredible, on par with AA and slightly better than City. The snow, the Christmas theme, the corrupt GCPD, etc was sublime. It's a pity the game wasn't as impressive and polished as the aura surrounding it, but overall I'm glad AO exists.

Also, what did you guys think of RGS as Bats? I LOVED his voice. If it wasn't for all the nostalgia and timelessness of Conroy, I'd venture to say RGS has the best bat-voice. At least for a younger, rougher Batman.

Removing Conroy from the equation... I'd actually say that Anthony Ruivivar has been the best Bat-voice in recent times.

I liked him too. I was enjoying BTB...it's a shame they pulled the plug :(

Off-topic from the title, on-topic to what people are saying: Really liked Bruce Greenwood and Rino Romano. I usually heard Rino Romano during the Grayson issues.

Best Bat-voice cannot be discussed without Jeremy Sisto. This clip makes one hell of a case.

[YT]8s4knWZ6yVs[/YT]

are there plans to release a GOTY edition of this?

It would actually have to be GOTY material to get a GOTY Edition, which this game really isn't. There should be a Complete Edition, though there's hasn't been nothing since June.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"