Batman: Arkham Origins - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I don't want to be spoiled on specific details, so can someone who knows about the leak just answer in a spoiler quote whether Joker takes over the plot? Just a yes or no would be good, and a second yes or no: is that all there is to the leak or is there something bigger and potentially more stupid?

Yes.

No. It's incredibly and unbelievably stupid.

Sound's to me and you have been saying aloud what you want is Grand theft auto Gotham only in reverse. And that's will be hard to do when they keep saying they are sticking close to the DNA of the Arkham verse.
Especially for someone like batman that stays in the shadows to do his work mostly. Yeah we'll see the batmobil one day but in a crowded area, with people surrounding it? That will be rare. Unless he's stuck in traffic or a parade. ( The kind Jack nicolesones joker died in) oh yeah bat man used the bat wing in that instead too..

It doesn't have to be GTA like that would be too expansive for Batman but it seems like they've gone a half-step from AC to Origins when from Asylum to AC they went the full step.

Just watching the demo vid if someone had told me I was watching an AC DLC expansion I would have almost believed it.

I think people have just been waiting for the full Batman experience in addtion to the stealth we've gotten i.e the Batmobile, stopping random crimes on semi-busy streets, a pretty expansive gotham.

I think/hope we will get that during the next gen but after AC and how great that was the only thing to have gotten me really excited would have been like i've described.

What your asking for is somewhat doable the problem is both rock-steady at the time and WBM when they started this, they were both somewhat new (one is still an infant and that's the latter of the two of them and there resources to think about as well. All new studio's are on a budget ) and it's kinda hard to pull that off for either of them and they have a formula that works for them. If they stray from it it's possible they will head down the path of Capcom with some of their some of their ip's and that'll become trouble.

Especially if they don't hire the right people that know how to do certain things like make crowds . I can see them doing that for a final last game as a send off to be done with the Arkham series as a whole . but right now they're mentally not there and it's a matter of having the right people like taking the dev's that may have worked on a GTA title to help them out . You don't want them, to just randomly do something they aren't used to doing, and have the fallout that will cost them big time . There are steps to take here.

Last edited:
[blackout]So is Joker actually trying to get Batman killed with this 8 Assassinations scheme or does he have something crazier in mind?[/blackout]

They can't really do a full open-world GTA-styled Gotham with a lot of people on the current gen. But I wouldn't be surprised if the rumored next-gen game Rocksteady is working on will be just that. It seems like the next logical step.

That has to be one of the stupidest twists I have ever read. Good grief that is awful.

Regarding the new big spoiler
I do think it's very disappointing and stupid that the real Black Mask is not the villain, and that it's just Joker impersonating him. That is so unoriginal. We already had the whole villain impersonating another villain plot in Arkham City.

We also already had a villain presented as the main threat (Hugo Strange) only to turn out to not be the real main villain at all.

This won't spoil the game for me at all, but it's disappointing story wise.

[blackout]So is Joker actually trying to get Batman killed with this 8 Assassinations scheme or does he have something crazier in mind?[/blackout]

[blackout] From what the 17 minute video said Batman's still in the shadows, no one knows what he is, and the assasins really force him to step out of the shadows. I think that is Joker's plan. For Batman to step out of the shadows so Joker's "show" can be center stage. [/blackout]

Yes.

No. It's incredibly and unbelievably stupid.

Okay, I like to be surprised, but not if it's f%^&ing stupid. So thanks for that. I indeed looked, and it is indeed a freaking awful twist. And sort of retroactively:

Makes Joker's plot in Arkham City seem very unoriginal and derivative.

So even the Joker thinks the idea is bad. The proof is in the pudding, WB Montreal. :argh:

I'm still waiting for a real open world gotham city full of people and the ability to drive the batmobile and have been pretty much since Asylum.

Origins is sort of a tease in that regards, Gotham should be a huge city, simply twice as big as AC doesn't really impress me too much seeing as I didn't find AC all that big. I just hope we do get a full sized populated gotham at some point in the not too distant future?

I'd love to see that as well, but you shouldn't expect it until next-gen. Doing a massive open world with the detail of Arkham City just isn't possible with current hardware. I feel like that's where the series is progressing and I wouldn't be surprised to see it in Arkham 3, being developed for next-gen consoles.

So even the Joker thinks the idea is bad. The proof is in the pudding, WB Montreal. :argh:
And this remind's me of a video of what the people at DCUO said about picking their first villain for the part of their own game . They wanted to use vandal savage but the people at the top at DC and WB said he's not recognizable enough, have brainiac be the main villain and they went with that.

Could be the same deal here. Remember the head dev's and design director can make a pitch what they want, but the owner of the property has final say. And they did say Geoff Johns has some say in this as well. ( Not saying he's the cause ) but they have boss's that over rule with chose's here. Who know's? It's possible someone's pushing it has to be "this character" a lot from the top from DC it's self , like a lot of joe Q bad idea's from marvel. It happens.

Last edited:
It's so f^&^ing stupid I can't even - guh! Just, gragb! Eghblughg!

Regarding it:
It reads like a bad fanfic from a Joker fan who wanted to prove that Joker is teh best villain evah!!! I don't even like Black Mask, I find him fairly blase as a villain. I was just looking forward to someone else being a major player, but noooooo. Even Strange didn't get this bad a treatment - he was at least the biggest threat, even if Joker took the narrative climax.

It's so f^&^ing stupid I can't even - guh! Just, gragb! Eghblughg!

Regarding it:
It reads like a bad fanfic from a Joker fan who wanted to prove that Joker is teh best villain evah!!! I don't even like Black Mask, I find him fairly blase as a villain. I was just looking forward to someone else being a major player, but noooooo. Even Strange didn't get this bad a treatment - he was at least the biggest threat, even if Joker took the narrative climax.

I wouldn't be surprised if we one day find out that....

That WB forced the writers of the game to make Joker once again a main baddie and steal the show.

I wouldn't be surprised if we one day find out that....

That WB forced the writers of the game to make Joker once again a main baddie and steal the show.

Would not surprise me, but awful nonetheless. WB's policies are so freaking counterproductive though. They promote what is popular, and as a result have very few marketable figures. Marvel on the other hand is taking risks with their characters, and paying off big time.

I forget who but I remember some complaining pages back about the lack of Gotham citizens walking around. And I said well between the assassins being out and the gangs affiliated with them. Plus it being Xmas eve and a winter storm, it made sense for no citizens to be out. Meanwhile I just watched the intro to the game and
there's a VoiceOver of a news woman saying Gotham police and emergency services urge the citizens to stay off the roads and IN THEIR HOMES in light of the severe winter storm warning
yep just like I said, and yet some posters in here found this so hard to believe. Found it unreasonable :whatever: oy vey:doh:

I don't mind Joker being the main villain of the game but this whole impersonating Black Mask and hiring 8 Assassins to kill Batman stuff seems pretty convoluted and pointless unless there is some bigger darker scheme behind it. I hope that is the case.

I forget who but I remember some complaining pages back about the lack of Gotham citizens walking around. And I said well between the assassins being out and the gangs affiliated with them. Plus it being Xmas eve and a winter storm, it made sense for no citizens to be out. Meanwhile I just watched the intro to the game and
there's a VoiceOver of a news woman saying Gotham police and emergency services urge the citizens to stay off the roads and IN THEIR HOMES in light of the severe winter storm warning
yep just like I said, and yet some posters in here found this so hard to believe. Found it unreasonable :whatever: oy vey:doh:

You do understand those are only in-game excuses for the lack of citizens right?

You do know that Gotham is not a real place? And that the only reason the snowstorm exists is so that they won't have to have citizens, not the other way around?

Cause and effect. The citizens are not inside because of the game's premise, the game's premise has been engineered so as to not have to render citizens.

Next time, don't try to debunk criticisms of a game's mechanics by appealing to the story. The latter has been woven to excuse the former, and so you are only appealing to tautology.

You do understand those are only in-game excuses for the lack of citizens right?

You do know that Gotham is not a real place? And that the only reason the snowstorm exists is so that they won't have to have citizens, not the other way around?

Cause and effect. The citizens are not inside because of the game's premise, the game's premise has been engineered so as to not have to render citizens.

Next time, don't try to debunk criticisms of a game's mechanics by appealing to the story. The latter has been woven to excuse the former, and so you are only appealing to tautology.

Either way people need to realize bigger stuff like that, probably won't be done until next gen for this particular series. WB Montreal didn't put citizens in, and yes I Get all you're saying. But still it's exactly what I explained to them it would be. It's really not a big deal at all to have no citizens. As further down the road with next gen we will get vast improvements obviously.

Oh and yes I'm aware Gotham is not a real place. Just like I'm sure you're aware two face isn't a real person right? Cause they way you were getting upset earlier about his characterization in AC seemed maybe you thought he was real.:whatever::o

Oh and yes I'm aware Gotham is not a real place. Just like I'm sure you're aware two face isn't a real person right? Cause they way you were getting upset earlier about his characterization in AC seemed maybe you thought he was real.:whatever::o

Except my comment on reality was regarding your seeming lack of perspective on the in-game/out-game divide, whereas your comment just seems off-the-cuff with little critical thought put into it.

This may come as a surprise to you Broseph44, especially given your recent posts on how funny you find other people's disappointments, but here it is anyway: bragging about how you don't think critically, and then thinking that other people who do are making a hay of it, is the kind of thinking people ascribe to 13 year-olds who brag about how they've never read a book in their life and think that this is something to be proud of.

Do we know for sure that Joker is Black Mask the whole time? Maybe Joker just impersonates Mask at the end to lure Batman towards him?

Except my comment on reality was regarding your seeming lack of perspective on the in-game/out-game divide, whereas your comment just seems off-the-cuff with little critical thought put into it.

This may come as a surprise to you Broseph44, especially given your recent posts on how funny you find other people's disappointments, but here it is anyway: bragging about how you don't think critically, and then thinking that other people who do are making a hay of it, is the kind of thinking people ascribe to 13 year-olds who brag about how they've never read a book in their life and think that this is something to be proud of.

Hahaha ok dude. Bottom line is we don't like one another, simple as that. And as to if
joker is just posing as mask at the end
Spidervader, that could be a possibility. Just have to see how it plays out I guess. Either way I don't mind what I've heard so far. Just eagerly waiting to get the game in my hands and play the hell out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"