Batman: Arkham Origins - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else watch the game intro? It's pretty badass.

It does sound silly. Joker putting on a near pitch perfect 'Black Mask' voice, etc. Also the disappointment of giving Black Mask centre stage - it may be Black Mask type behaviour and his appearance, but it's not really him. Seems like a backhanded compliment to the character. In AC he's seen being bashed up, and here he's tied up and imitated. Not much of a progression.

Yeah... how will Joker pull all of that off, did he go to the DDL school of acting?

So the whole Arkham franchise has basically one villain. I wasn't that excited about Black Mask, since it seemed to be the crazy boss gangsta Black Mask, and not the threatening Lunatic Moench created, but still, do we really need every single game to be about the Joker? I don't think so. I was confident about the story, since they said LoTDK was their main inspiration, so i'll wait before I judge the story, but this plot point is really boring and uninspiring.

If that Spoiler is really true, then I'm just really annoyed. I'll have a much easier time now waiting for the GOTY Edition.

There were tons of people complaining over how bad Bane was in the previous 2 games. And they listened. Was there no one on the Arkham boards, complaining how Joker always hogged the spot light?

If it makes you feel better mate, I'll be outside Montreal Studios for the next month, living out of a cardboard box and blasting them with a megaphone.

The spoiler is pretty hilarious. And by hilarious I mean terribad. I'm glad I read it because it's only bad for me to be spoiled when something is good. The reactions surrounding it were nearly universally negative.

I can see the big spoiler effecting the reviews for the game. And I agree with what Joker(the user) said

It is unoriginal for another twist where a villain impersonates another. It's really something how it seems that they think their can't be a Batman game where Joker isn't in the spotlight. Yeah he's Batman's arch nemesis, but it'd be nice if his other foes got a chance to shine in these games.

Green Goblin and Doc Ock are Spider-man's top two foes, but not every Spider-man game has either one of them as the main villain. And the last time either one of them was the main villain in a Spider-man game was the first two movie games.

I like how Alfred points out the obvious early on:

Bruce can just not be Batman for that one night! It would be totally hilarious to punk everyone...if they didn't put innocent lives in danger. Damn civilians! :argh:

[blackout]Maybe the real Black Mask comes back at some point and puts a bounty on Joker's head...?[/blackout]

Younger batman so younger voice.
He's rumored to be working on Arkham 3 right now though :up:

As Gamma said younger batman and Joker so different voices needed.

I disagree, you wouldn't exactly be able to hear Conroy speak as Batman & put his voice in a particular age bracket, I mean he could be anything upwards of about 21.

You guys really need to learn to get over it. Conroy will return for the next game. Is there a better pic of Lady Shiva?

Especially when the voice actor actually does a great job.

Yeah I do t get it. Conroy is great obviously. And we've been spoiled with him as batman for many things. But people do need to accept it and get over it. Game comes out in less then a week, and people are still annoyed or upset by it. Ridiculous.

Talk about an overeaction to a simple comment. The day I made my post was the first time I'd actually heard he wasn't involved with the project, I just assumed he was given that Arkham Origins is within the same continuity as the previous 2 games.

Not everybody has followed the games development from start to finish, I tend to only care about games about a week before they are released.

I'm sure whoever is voice actor is voicing Bruce Wayne/Batman will do a fine job.

Judging from the first 2 hours and the spoiler, I must say that this game looks very disappointing to say the least.

I have had high hopes for this game but looking at those 2 hours of gameplay, it looks very unpolished compared to the previous two games.

There's something off putting about the game that I can't put my finger on what exactly. It just doesn't look right. Both in graphics and the gameplay.

Also, while the boss battle against Killer Croc looked pretty cool, though simple, I can't say the same about Electrocutioner and Deathstroke. I thought the Deathstroke fight would be epic, but judging from the vids it looks like an incredibly boring fight with no variety, and QTEs covered in "Dodge" commands and where you basically see the same repeating moves over and over again. The boss fights in AC seems much more fun than this.

Oh, and that spoiler? Wow, that's crap. Unless [blackout]it's actually the Black Mask in the beginning but Joker impersonates him in the end part only[/blackout].

The only thing I like from what I can see so far is the music and the detective stuff (which looks great).

I disagree, you wouldn't exactly be able to hear Conroy speak as Batman & put his voice in a particular age bracket, I mean he could be anything upwards of about 21.

Talk about an overeaction to a simple comment. The day I made my post was the first time I'd actually heard he wasn't involved with the project, I just assumed he was given that Arkham Origins is within the same continuity as the previous 2 games.

Not everybody has followed the games development from start to finish, I tend to only care about games about a week before they are released.

I'm sure whoever is voice actor is voicing Bruce Wayne/Batman will do a fine job.
Nobody said conroy couldn't do the younger voice, but like its been said before he supposedly been working on the next arkham game by rocksteady already so wb Montreal probably just went with someone who could provide a younger voice while letting conroy do his work for rocksteady. :up:

Oh, and that spoiler? Wow, that's crap. Unless [blackout]it's actually the Black Mask in the beginning but Joker impersonates him in the end part only[/blackout].

That'd be the only way it would be forgivable. Somewhat.

But if it turns out that Joker was pulling the strings from very the beginning, hiring the 8 Assassins to get Batman out of the shadows, while Black Mask sits the entire game in some room tied up, then WB Montreal screwed the pooch big time.

Man, 1 negative story aspect and everyone's hating the game already, it's just back to where we started lol.

I still believe that WB Montreal has done a great job with the game, with the exception of one story aspect, and I'm still looking forward to play the game. The difference is just that I'm in no rush anymore.

I ain't hating the game, I'm disappointed if the spoiler is really true, because I had much higher hope for the story this time, since Arkham City had such a dumb story, is all I'm saying. That said, I'm sure i'll have a great time with this game.

Yeah, after reading the spoiler, if true, I'll wait for this game to lower in price.

Its just silly that they're really using Joker as the main baddie again.... though its not really surprising if you think about it.

Léo Ho Tep;27061075 said:
I ain't hating the game, I'm disappointed if the spoiler is really true, because I had much higher hope for the story this time, since Arkham City had such a dumb story, is all I'm saying. That said, I'm sure i'll have a great time with this game.

Exactly. People are just incredibly spoiled, when was the last time your favorite(s) pop culture character got so many great gameplay multi-million dollar budget games?

Just because 1 core element of the story can be disappointing, just because you expect it to be bad, doesn't make it bad.

People aren't going to buy this game thinking "oh man, i invested 60$ on this and i will so hate this".

Exactly. People are just incredibly spoiled, when was the last time your favorite(s) pop culture character got so many great gameplay multi-million dollar budget games?

Just because 1 core element of the story can be disappointing, just because you expect it to be bad, doesn't make it bad.

People aren't going to buy this game thinking "oh man, i invested 60$ on this and i will so hate this".

I purchased the collector editon because I want the statue as well. I already love both asylum and city, and I'm sure i'll love Origins. Still, I would have liked better stories and characterization. and it might be a letdown, because I was sure the story would be great in Origins. It might be, and this spoiler might not be as bad as it is, so obviously I won't judge before I've played the game. And I'm still really looking forward to it.

I was right!

I knew Joker would be the instigator

Just like I knew Bruce would retire as Batman and Gotham would martyrize him in TDKR!
Just like I knew Superman wasn't wearing trunks in MOS!

You all said I was crazy! But I wasn't! See?!!! :argh:

Léo Ho Tep;27061139 said:
I purchased the collector editon because I want the statue as well. I already love both asylum and city, and I'm sure i'll love Origins. Still, I would have liked better stories and characterization. and it might be a letdown, because I was sure the story would be great in Origins. It might be, and this spoiler might not be as bad as it is, so obviously I won't judge before I've played the game. And I'm still really looking forward to it.

Arkham Asylum is their best story hands down, because they simply wanted to make an actual good story with great gameplay, the story elements have taken a strike back because of how immersively popularn the game franchise has become.

Eric Holmes seems like a bright lad, i'm sure the dialogue, characterizations are spot on, yes, the spoiler is disappointing, but it doesn't make it a 6/10 game.

PS. Yeah i want the statue as well lol + the other cool stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"