Batman: Arkham Origins

One thing people often criticize the Deathstroke fight in Origins is having similarities to the Ra's fight in City. The only thing the two fights have in common is both enemies jumping in the air and you block their sword attacks. That's it.

…and now I have an urge to pull out the PS3 and give this a play through.

giphy.gif

I felt so frustrated and cheated playing Arkham Knight. Even when you confront Knight several times, it's a rotten carrot. They could've made that stealth predator confrontation like the Mr. Freeze Boss Fight in Arkham City but they didn't.

Not to mention all the Batmobile tank battles. I felt we were constantly robbed of compelling moments and battles due to that f'n tank. You actually have to go into tank mode and freaking sneak behind tanks to scan them to take them down. Secondly, Arkham Knight loaded up everything with drones, which is a dumb strategy. If he really wants to beat Batman, and Batman refuses to kill, putting up manned tanks and choppers makes Batman's job harder and makes him easier to beat. It's a dumb copout for gameplay DUMB.

Meanwhile in Arkham Origins, you're forced to confront the Rogues Gallery head on. Firefly, Deathstroke, Copperhead, Killer Croc, Bane, Shiva. You actually have to *FIGHT* them. You don't get to take shortcuts with a tank. To me, these were some of the most rewarding parts of Arkham Origins, and the game did more to make you *Feel* like Batman than Knight truly did.

It truly feels like you have the whole Rogues Gallery out to get you. Keep in mind that was the whole promise of Arkham Knight's premise. All the rogues are teaming up to kill Batman once and for all, except that's not what really happens.

A very comprehensive review that looks at all aspects of the game in a detailed perspective full of lengthy observations. I highly recommend you check out this series he did for all the Arkhamverse games it’s worth watching imo.

That channel Always Nerdy is doing some really good comprehensive reviews of comic book superhero games. Glad they are getting attention. The guy who does those videos really goes all out. Like he spent hours getting a million points on an Arkham Knight combat map to unlock a secret Killer Croc fight. I didn't even know the game had that.

I really want a proper remaster of Arkham Origins at some point, and I hope people will revisit and see it for the underrated game that it was.

As for an Arkham Batman experience, Origins was still a better game to me than Knight. I kind of feel like Origins delivered more on what Knight was promising. Plus we got the actual Batcave. So you could return to the Batcave, and actually train and do the challenge maps during the actual main game and didn't have to switch to the main menu all the time.

Makes me sad WB Games Montreal underwhelmed so much with Gotham Knights.

And now it feels like Suicide Kills the Justice League will also be a disappointment.

My Magnum Opus of the Arkham series.

Like alone the Visuals, the setting...christmas in gotham is just incredible.
The character design is just so awesome.
The heavier combat feeling...so nice to play.

The Story is incredible.
As much as i dislike that this became yet another Batman vs Joker thing, because man was it cool thinking Black Mask would be the Main Villain...so again being tricked sucked.
But the Joker was written incredible well, looked cool and the Voice acting was great.

You had the Batwing, you could go to the Batcave, the unlockable suits were cool...and also Batmans main suit was cool.
The Mr Freeze DLC was so fun to play.

Still to this day a shame we still havent gotten a Remaster.
And that we didnt get a Sequel to it or WBM to do their own Batman Universe.

Its such a shame because they were so good with Origins...and the fact that as time goes on more people love this game, shows they had something.
Sadly they couldnt recreate that with Gotham Knights.

A Batman + Batfamily game vs the Court of Owls from WBM, could have been soooooo cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"