Batman Begins Batman Begins vs Batman: The Animated Series

CConn

Fountainhead of culture.
Reaction score
Ah yes, another wonderful vs thread. But this time I'm asking the all-important questions that's really not that important afterall; what's better, what's the "definitive" interpretation of Batman on the screen? BB or BTAS?

Personally, I say BTAS. :up: But I'm sure some of you could be stupid and disagree with me. :down

PS - Lets have none of that "it's like comparing apples to oranges!" stuff. Instead, you may post the flag of Switzerland.

Batman Begins - BTAS was very good - Return of the Joker (its all DCAU) is my second fav Batfilm - however it had the restrictions of being a show targeted for kids. Plus I hated the Two Face origin.

Begins did everything right its first time out - so I give it the nod.

I have too much history with B:TAS to turn my back on it now...

I still love BB, though. :)

I loved Batman Begins and the number of times I saw it in the theatre was utterly ridiculous. Seeing such multi-faceted portrayals of Bruce Wayne, his emotions and the relationships that define him, all on the big screen, was deeply satisfying for this long-time Batman fan. The movie was masterful.

That said, B:TAS provided all of the things that I loved about Begins, as well as highlighting points that Begins couldn't get to (an emphasis on Batman's criminology background and detective work, a furtherance of his mental acuity, relationships with other members of the Bat-family, villains, etc.). Everything I love about Batman was included in the animated series. It's a complete body of work and was able to delve into to a number of aspects that a single movie could never capture in its limited time.

It's really not close to me. I have a deep appreciation for both works, but at the end of the day we're comparing nearly 40 hours of material to roughly a 2 and a half hour movie. This wealth of information that is included in each respective universe is disparate. I cast my vote for B:TAS :batman:

My allegiance is to Btas like I said in the other thread.

This is tough call but I chose Batman Begins.

Mister J said:
I loved Batman Begins and the number of times I saw it in the theatre was utterly ridiculous. Seeing such multi-faceted portrayals of Bruce Wayne, his emotions and the relationships that define him, all on the big screen, was deeply satisfying for this long-time Batman fan. The movie was masterful.

That said, B:TAS provided all of the things that I loved about Begins, as well as highlighting points that Begins couldn't get to (an emphasis on Batman's criminology background and detective work, a furtherance of his mental acuity, relationships with other members of the Bat-family, villains, etc.). Everything I love about Batman was included in the animated series. It's a complete body of work and was able to delve into to a number of aspects that a single movie could never capture in its limited time.

It's really not close to me. I have a deep appreciation for both works, but at the end of the day we're comparing nearly 40 hours of material to roughly a 2 and a half hour movie. This wealth of information that is included in each respective universe is disparate. I cast my vote for B:TAS :batman:

Someone give this man an award. Perfectly said, I completely agree.

I love conroy's voice in the toon, it's perefct. And I could see batman clearly during the fist fights and such. I love how all the characters interact too, and I love the film noir style; Though I'm not sure what style it is really, I just call it film noir style because batman's a real detective in it and there are cool angles/shadows all over the place, and lots of gansters for batman to beat the crap out of. Hopefully the begins sequels give us that detective side of batman fully and do the characters as well or better than the way they're portrayed on this show. And we see the fights.

My vote goes to Batman Begins. The Animated Series was great, and I love it, but I'm practically in love with Begins. It's what really made me a batfan. Like, I always liked Batman and thought he was pretty cool, but ever since Begins I've just been a hardcore Batman fan.

While TAS is great, I do have a few issues with it. First of all, because it's a cartoon, it obviously has to hold back a bit. It's made for kids primarily, and while it may not be as watered down as, say, "The Batman", there are still certain things that could've been better had it not been made for kids. The uncut version of Return of the Joker was so much better than the cut version, it's a shame it was ever cut in the first place. Also, I entirely hate their version of Two-Face. Just about everything about it I dislike, as opposed to the comic version who's one of my favorite villains ever. I dislike the color of his scarring (blue? c'mon!). I dislike his origin (Maroni scarring him in court is classic, how could they dump that?) and I dislike his relationship with Bruce Wayne (I prefer him being a friend to Batman and Gordon). So really, them screwing with practically everything about one of my favorite villains ever, and mispronouncing the name of another, is part of what holds it back from being better than Begins, in my opinion.

BTAS, without question. Pretty much everything about that show was perfect....

you can't compare those two they are both perfect for me !

Wesyeed said:
My allegiance is to Btas like I said in the other thread.
I agree with anyone with Rosario Dawson as their avvy:up:

Begins has its moments but TAS has way more lol

Katsuro said:
My vote goes to Batman Begins. The Animated Series was great, and I love it, but I'm practically in love with Begins. It's what really made me a batfan. Like, I always liked Batman and thought he was pretty cool, but ever since Begins I've just been a hardcore Batman fan.

While TAS is great, I do have a few issues with it. First of all, because it's a cartoon, it obviously has to hold back a bit. It's made for kids primarily, and while it may not be as watered down as, say, "The Batman", there are still certain things that could've been better had it not been made for kids. The uncut version of Return of the Joker was so much better than the cut version, it's a shame it was ever cut in the first place. Also, I entirely hate their version of Two-Face. Just about everything about it I dislike, as opposed to the comic version who's one of my favorite villains ever. I dislike the color of his scarring (blue? c'mon!). I dislike his origin (Maroni scarring him in court is classic, how could they dump that?) and I dislike his relationship with Bruce Wayne (I prefer him being a friend to Batman and Gordon). So really, them screwing with practically everything about one of my favorite villains ever, and mispronouncing the name of another, is part of what holds it back from being better than Begins, in my opinion.

Huh? If you're talking about Ra's Al Ghul, it is pronounced the correct way.

I cant really say one or the other, I like them both equal.

Begins but i still love B:TAS and Return Of The Joker is also a favourite of mine.

BTAS was perfection. Took everything I loved about Burton's films, made it more in line with comic book cannon, and proved that you can make an intelligent story for all ages.

I went with BTAS, but it was hard.

Ofcourse a great SERIES will beat a great MOVIE. For one reason and one reason only, time.

BTAS had so much time to tell great stories, and story arcs, while BATMAN BEGINS was constricted to 2 hours and 20 minutes.

If you match up the worst epidode of BTAS, BATMAN BEGINS clobbers it. Even still, BEGINS trashes a lot of the GREAT BTAS episodes. It's just that BTAS has so many divinitive stories, and episodes and such a great consistant track record that it had to win.

In 8 years or so, after BATMAN III maybe the results in a BATMAN THE MOVIE TRILLOGY vs BTAS will be different.

-R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"