Batman Begins Batman Begins vs Batman: The Animated Series

Sandman138 said:
BTAS was perfection. Took everything I loved about Burton's films, made it more in line with comic book cannon, and proved that you can make an intelligent story for all ages.

Brilliantly put, I couldn't have said it better myself.:up:

Can...can I call you "Latin Heat" from now on?

Both were fantastic. TAS had the the advantage of having hours and hours and hours to delve deep into the bat mythos, with top notch voice casting and atmosphere.

However, I don't think any 2 hours of TAS beat BB.

Merkel said:
Both were fantastic. TAS had the the advantage of having hours and hours and hours to delve deep into the bat mythos, with top notch voice casting and atmosphere.

However, I don't think any 2 hours of TAS beat BB.
The Ra's 2 parter and MOTP do.

I absolutely love B:TAS, but Begins takes it for me. Don't really feel the need to go into detail.

Merkel said:
What does MOTP stand for?

Mask of the Phantasm. I love that movie.

Batman Begins is brilliant. When Bruce is telling Alfred on the plane what he intends to do in Gotham, the dialogue is frickin' Shakespearean to me. It's gold. I've seen that movie a lot.

Then again, I made it a priority to be home every single day after school in time to see the cartoon. The first time I saw that show and Batman yells "FREEZE!" at Mr. Freeze, to which he replies, "That's Mr. Freeze to you." I was hooked. Without BTAS, I wouldn't know who the Scarecrow was. Same with R'as Al Guhl. The origin of Two-Face was elaborate to the point I was annoyed it wasn't as well-done in Batman Forever. I had no idea who the hell Matt Hagen was, or what he would end up becoming. Harley Quinn. ****ing Harley Quinn. Harvey Bullock. And the thing with the show was, I didn't mind when Robin was on. They didn't portray him as a complete tool, and he was tolerable, even cool.

BTAS, but like a kid anticipating the next episode of that show after school, I await the potential that'll be unleashed in BB2 and BB3 :) .

Jack Napier said:
And the thing with the show was, I didn't mind when Robin was on. They didn't portray him as a complete tool, and he was tolerable, even cool.

I agree. When I discuss with people when Robin should be introduced in the new set of films, each one will say, "Robin! God no! Never!" Thing is, I bet 90% of those people have only the Schumacher/O'Donnell interpretation (or perhaps Burt Ward) in their heads as the only Robin that exists.

If done correctly, Robin could be really incredible.

Btas, even though i voted for begins because i knew it needed help, lol. Btas is better. but you cant beat a perfect batman cinematic experience. Batman 2 will knock our socks off.. lol

I do not really see how you can compare the two when they are different genres: Movie Vs. TV Show?!?!

It would make more sense to compare Batman Begins to one of the animated movies like The Mask of the Phantasm, Sub Zero, Return of the Joker, and Mystery of the Batwoman. But I would compare Mask of the Phantasm because that is the best animated movie.

CConn said:
Ah yes, another wonderful vs thread. But this time I'm asking the all-important questions that's really not that important afterall; what's better, what's the "definitive" interpretation of Batman on the screen? BB or BTAS?

Personally, I say BTAS. :up: But I'm sure some of you could be stupid and disagree with me. :down

PS - Lets have none of that "it's like comparing apples to oranges!" stuff. Instead, you may post the flag of Switzerland.
BTAS:thing:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"