Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we just talking the Reeves film or Harley Quinn/ BOP Justice League ones too? Dont think Affleck is worth holing the whole DCEU up.

I thought Reeves was doing his own thing that wasn’t connected to the DCFU?

Well the rumors have gone back and forth between it being its own thing in its own continuity to being apart of the DCFU but being a standalone film.

Could be Ben throwing this out for better negotiation deals for non-DC related projects.

Like, he is ticking time bomb and has a tarnished image from #metoo last year, and he's not in the "top acting talents" and he's not directing neither.

Why keep him? Imagine another groping video or issues with Jen etc comes out a month before Reeves' Batman release.

Jett says it's not Affleck's decision to decide whether he stays or leaves....

When you compare Ben to Cavill...night and day in regards to their professionalism

Batfleck looks on photos but not in motion because he is Ben Affleck in batcostume instead of a character.

Keaton and Bale gave life to Batman and Bruce Wayne differently the way they move, the way look, their mannerisms under the mask, voices etc.

Batfleck is Ben Affleck under the costume and a robot voice.

Not to mention he doesn't even look as good as BvS anymore. Seems like having hard time to keep in shape.

Also distractions that comes from his life is not good for keeping such a big role in DC universe.

Get someone clean & professional on & off set.. Someone with acting ability to blend into the role.

No More Batfleck.

I liked Affleck as Batman and wanted him to be in the DCEU for ages.

At this point, we need enthusiastic team players.

His conduct in public, behind the scenes and in Justice League shows he's not one of those.

As stated in another thread, it’s a big well done! to Zack Snyder & co at WB for making DC such a poor brand that actors are happily jumping over to the competition :whatever:

Well there officially goes my hope of Gyllenhaal being Batman. A sad day indeed.

Yeah, if the HR's run with it there's likely substance to it.

Well, the search continues! Jake wouldn't have been my first choice, but I'd have been more than happy with him. Interested to see where they go from here.

I don’t think he was offered the role to begin with

From Gyllenhaal's own words if I recall correctly. Would this be the longest casting rumor fanboys held on to?

Nah, we know for a fact that Reeves spoke with Gyllenhaal about the role last year. We just didn't know where things stood as time went on.

But yeah, with this news, Gyllenhaal's officially out of the running. Not going to lie, I'm actually more than a little bummed out by this and it's weird because normally I'd be PUMPED for Gyllenhaal as Mysterio.

But yeah, moving onward...

giphy.gif

Now this thread can finally move on...

I don't know. Someone suggested him as The Joker a while back and I'm kinda married to that idea.

I wouldn't mind it.

But I know most people here still think of him as that dude from Twilight, but he's been making some great films recently like with Good Time.

C0kvkql.jpg

You know who else looks like a vampire?
181646354.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"